“Excellent steak and good value”

Buenos Aires Nights Steakhouse
Ranked #57 of 309 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Argentinean
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Buenos Aires Nights Maidstone offers visitors a taste of the true Argentina, with a warm and welcoming atmosphere, traditional food, excellent wine and Tango shows. Buenos Aires Nights beef comes from cows reared on the Argentine Pampas, where grass is plentiful and high in nutrients, making it tenderer and tastier than other beef. The wine selection is broad and an array of Argentine-inspired cocktails is on offer. A family-friendly favourite since opening in 2008, Buenos Aires Maidstone is Kent's only Argentine steakhouse.
vallumlj
“Excellent steak and good value”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We went last night and enjoyed the set menu 2 course offer with a drink for £14.95. We both had the Rump steak and pancakes for desert. The steaks were cooked lovely and we found the set menu to be very good value.

We would use this Restuarant a lot more if they had more offers.

1 Thank vallumlj

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“much improved”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

recently visited this restaurant again and all I can say is that it was outstanding. the service was much improved, the steak as usual was amazing and the portion's were huge. I will be back again very soon.

1 Thank loobz_12
Paphos District, Cyprus
“Amazing steak, friendly staff, great atmosphere!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband & i dined here with two of our friends. It was our first visit for all of us, we were not disappointed. Great menu to choose from, three out the four of us had rib eye steak, amazing, tasty & cooked to perfection!! This was washed down with several bottles of delicious red wine, would definately go back!
The staff were friendly, polite & we didn't feel rushed, in fact we were one of the last to leave the restaurant.
Maybe a bit pricey but worth every penny, a great night out!

Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Fantastic steak”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Staying overnight at a B&B in Maidstone, the proprietor recommended this restaurant. We were able to get a table without booking on a Friday night, but we are sure this was only because we were eating very early - it filled up rapidly whilst we were there. Steaks of various cut and size, priced accordingly, were available and my husband had a rib-eye, I had a fillet. Both were cooked as requested and absolutely to perfection, and were mouth-wateringly delicious, some of the best we have ever tasted. We had them with fries and a mixed salad, also very good. The wine list was pretty expensive but that is to be expected in any decent restaurant nowadays. We settled for a bottle of the house wine - Argentinian of course- and this was so good we had another. The service was also excellent and we would recommend this place to anyone. We are just sorry we don't live closed to Maidstone because if we did this would be our regular restaurant of choice.

• Visited June 2013
Kent
“Lacks atmosphere & decent portions”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had a night at Buenos Aires last Saturday with family to celebrate my brothers 30th. Service was good, drinks orders were taken and served quickly and staff were polite. I did think it strange though that I couldn't smell anything cooking which I didn't like. The kitchen was open but the openings were behind perspex screens. I like going into a restaurant and being able to smell everything cooking and then watching it come out. Or perhaps it's just me!

When I ordered my steak I asked if there was a garnish on the plate and was told yes, but it was very small. I was expecting a fairly reasonable size meal for the price so didn't bother ordering any side dishes. Especially as they were around £5 per dish for a salad or green beans. When the meal came out it literally was a (beautifully cooked and best I've ever had) steak on a plate with two tiny pieces of wilted lettuce leaf. The chips which were a mean portion came separately.

I can't fault the steak but I felt the portions were mean especially as this isn't a cheap restaurant and the whole place lacked any sort of Argentinian ambience or atmosphere of any description.

We wouldn't go back personally. Could do MUCH better is pretty much my opinion.

• Visited May 2013