“FAMILY RESTAURANT”

Verve Grill @ Village Hotel - Maidstone
Reserve with OpenTable
Verve Grill @ Village Hotel - Maidstone is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #198 of 335 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Verve Grill is conveniently close to Dover and the Channel Tunnel, making it the perfect place to stop off for a meal on your way to and from the continent. The Village chain of design-led hotels are located nationwide and the Maidstone branch provides an inexpensive yet stylish place for style-conscious holiday makers to eat, drink and be merry. The Verve Grill restaurant boasts a vibrant dining room decorated with dark wooden furniture and luxe chocolate brown and vanilla leather seating - a cross between expense-account chic and bonhomous brasserie, and star dishes include the steak, Gorgonzola and mushroom pizza, the roasted veggie lasagna and the lemon tart served with cream.
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We had Sunday lunch at this restaurant. Very good value, excellent food and a great deal of choice. The service was extremely good. Would visit again.

Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

I have to write on here, just to say how fantastic the service was tonight, 06/08/2012. The waiters/waitresses were all young, but we commented on how fantastic their customer service was! Extremely polite and professional. Not too over familiar, knew the menu!

Really impressed with their service. Food was great, relaxed atmosphere. Would highly recommend. My husband even commented, he didn't expect that from the hotel and was pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

My neighbour held a party at this grill for her sons 18th birthday... it was good value for money, there were three courses, starters, carvery and desserts for which you could help yourself as many times as you like. The staff were all very attentive, pleasant and helpful..They even sang along with us when the birthday cake arrived.. i would certainley go again....

1  Thank scarymary70
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We booked this for my sons 18th and couldn't be more pleased. The staff albeit young could not do enought to cater for our every needs, we took banners etc over earlier on in the morning and were put up prior to us being seated and our foil confetti was scattered over the table. The food was hot and there was a fantastic variety of starters and deserts. Gravy could have been a bit thicker and the beef was a bit tough but other then that we could not fault it. We booked for 1.30 and had the table until 5.15, we were not rushed, plates were cleared discreetly between courses.
House wine was £15.95 a bottle and not a bad quality. It was approximately £3.00 dearer per head than the nearest carvery of this standard but you do get what you pay for and can go up as many times as you like. Under threes eat free over that they pay £7.95 which is a bit steep when you think of the average appetite of a three-seven year old but as it was so good I was happy to pay.
The only thing which annoyed me was when I booked, it went through to a 0800 number and I was told a booking of this size 10 adults and three children could only be booked in at 5.30, even though the carvery was not fully booked. I nearly refused the slot but the receptionist did say that I may be contacted before then and be offered an early booking. Thank goodness two days later the village rung diresct and informed me I shouldn't have been told that.
I definitely cant wait to go back and would book for any occasion

1  Thank scraggyaggie
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We live nearby, so went for a Friday night meal with six year old. Wife and I both chose from the pre-7pm menu, which was excellent value. The food was very good and service very attentive and friendly. Good children's menu with nice, thought out activity pack. There were a couple of large parties at other tables who got rather loud and boisterous, but generally the atmosphere was pleasant.

Only real gripe was when we asked for the bill and got a talk about the inability of the till to register the children's meal properly, and how consequently we would have to go and see someone at the till to sort it out. Made to feel as though we were at fault. We really didn't need to know this and were treated to the same explanation when we went over to the till to try to pay. This was unnecessary and just left a bad taste after a good dining experience. Also meant there was no way to leave a gratuity so they lost out there too. Surely they can find a way to programme their system so you can pay at the table without a long lecture on the IT foibles of the establishment.