“GREAT”

Ranked #37 of 556 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had lunch last friday at The Wavendon Arms.The scallops,beetroot and goats cheese was very tasty and well cooked.Outside it was pouring,the wind was howling so I opted for the Spotted Dick pudding and custard,Again really tasty and wonderful comfort food in May!
Make sure you book,it was full!

GM-Wav, General Manager at The Wavendon Arms, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for your comments, pleasing to see you have been before and enjoyed it equally in previous years. I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback and hope to see you with us again in the near future!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,021)

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I had heard a lot about the Wavendon Arms so i was looking forward it.

We arrived in good time, and we were sead as soon as we saw the seater/waitress. We thought the décor was very nice. Light and airy but with some traditional touches. The restaurant was very busy, there was a lot of suited business men eating and drinking.

We ordered drinks, then a few minutes later, ordered our food.

I ordered the Ribeye steak cooker rare, as did my sister hers medium and my dad had the Gammon, Egg and chips. We received everything within 15 minutes of ordering. Everything was cooked perfectly and well seasoned.

The staff were all very friendly
We will definitely return.

Thank you for your response, I'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit with us and we lived up to your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Had lunch at The Wavendon Arms recently and will not go back again, have been a couple of times previously and have the same opinion that the food is overpriced and definitely not value for money.
I had Seared Tuna salad £14.95p - the tuna was a small piece and although nicely seared and still pink inside the salad was salad and with no potatoes or anything with this I felt it more like a starter, nearly £15 for a piece of Tuna on leaves was ridiculous.
Service was good.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Our first visit to The Wavendon Arms, or Wavvy Arms as it is known locally! It was a busy Friday evening and the bar was buzzing, with meals being served there as well as in the restaurant. The menu offered a good choice with the prices being marginally above average. We ordered wine which didn't appear so we had to ask again for it, then it came sans glasses so the waitress had to nip off and fetch some. When I booked I mentioned that it was a birthday meal, nothing can have been noted as there was no sparkler in the pudding or anything... or maybe it was because the waiting staff were rushed off their feet. This meant it lacked the special touch. We had a 3 course meal and the bill came to £155 for 4 of us including a bottle of wine and a bottle of prosecco. I would go again but next time I would aim for the pre-7pm set menu which looked like it offered really good value for money. The Wavvy Arms was better than average in terms of food choice and quality, but as a first time visitor and given a choice I would mark this restaurant as just good rather than very good on grounds of service. When you talk to people in Milton Keynes this place has a great reputation, but I didn't feel that it lived up to it on the night of our visit.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went there for an anniversary lunch, restaurant very well presented, food OK but service was poor long waits for food, and this spolit the occasion. May go back again, but unsure at present, have been to better in the area