“Average food, friendly service.”
Review of The Wavendon Arms

The Wavendon Arms
Ranked #44 of 565 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Very promising on arrival, friendly staff, pleasant decor and lovely open fire. Expectations were high for our large family gathering. Food choices were pre-ordered which meant very quick service, great kids menu. However, the food could of been so much better. The shared Mezze was overpriced (£11.95) for what you actually get (dessert spoon sized portion of baba ghanoush, hummus, and tzatziki, plus flatbread and 4 small aubergine slices covered in dukkah). A couple of us had the Cannelloni for main, it didn't taste like a restaurant dish but more like a ready meal you would have at home. Another person in the party had the tiger prawn and chorizo linguine, it was supposed to have crab in the dish as well, although struggled to find any. The only enjoyable dish was the white chocolate brulee.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,034)

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I'm surprised at the bad reviews on here, we've been her twice for Sunday roast and both times the food was amazing and the service was smiley and attentive. We've not lived in the area long so not sure when it was renovated but the bar and restaurant area are bright and homely with a log fire burning in the middle.

As a group we've tried the beef, chicken and pork roasts and all were delicious. I'd go so far as to say that the beef roast was the best I've EVER had outside of my mums kitchen. The gravy/ jus was so tasty that I had three jugs of it and it was never too much trouble to ask Lily our lovely waitress to get us some more! My niece had the 'fish and chips' which came out as beautifully battered goujons, crispy and lights, she loved them.

We will go back here, no question about it.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I booked on line and the first table we were given for four was in the main part of the restaurant and there were two other parties who looked like business people and one party was very noisy so we asked to be moved to a quieter table which the waitress did without fuss and we sat at the top of the restaurant looking over the garden. The service was reasonably quick given the restaurant was not busy. The food was good as was the attention from the waiting staff. I would say this restaurant is fairly expensive but I think that is due to where it is. I had a voucher for a free glass of prosecco as I had just joined up to be a friend of the Wavendon Arms and also there was a promotion on line for 25% off the entire food and drinks bill which made the cost more realistic for the quality of the food. The chips are served in a little bucket and were hot. All the mains were fine as were the desserts. The bar area looked comfortable. I would always check the web site for special offers in future before visiting this restaurant.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We ate here last Wednesday evening. There was 10 of us and it was for a business meeting.
The food was delicious, however, the service did let it down.

There was one waitress bringing the food out and so it took her over 5 trips to and from the kitchen.
The steaks came out first but then the chips and peppercorn sauces came out last!

We work in hospitality ourselves so it was a little fustrating to see the lack of training the staff seemed to have for the price tag attached to the menu!
I run a pub which charges £8-£10 for main meals and this was £15+ and the service didn't match the price!

Wouldn't put me off going back but they need some improved staff training!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

The setting is lovely but the food was very disappointing. Starter of risotto balls was practically inedible as they were so spicy. Main course of roast chicken was ok with plenty of roasted veg. Dessert of profiterole filled with chocolate gelato was awful, really dry and unpleasant. A shame because a little more attention to the food would make this restaurant a really desirable destination