“Excellent place to eat..”

Harvester - The Fountain
Ranked #166 of 540 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At The Fountain Harvester in Milton Keynes food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to eat..”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Excellent food. friendly nothing to much trouble...also had an Excellent christmas dinnern here would reconmend it

• Visited January 2013
ManagerFountain, Public Relations Manager at Harvester - The Fountain, responded to this review, August 3, 2016
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! The team and I are so pleased you enjoyed your experience and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kind regards

Rachel

“Good food”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Had an enjoyable lunch with family and friends, good choices and various offers. We will be going back again soon.

Visited July 2012
Good afternoon,

Kind regards

Rachel
IOW
“Cremated Chicken”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Ordered BBQ chicken to find it cremated and pink inside. Salad unimaginative and slopped everywhere like a school canteen. Tables could do with a revamp. Cutlery just thrown on. Better experience in McDonalds.

1 Thank IowBeachbum
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Better, but still poor.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was reluctant to return to The Fountain, as my previous experiences were terrible. But we had a voucher for 20% off the whole bill so i swallowed my pride and the feeling that it wouldn't be great and went for it.

The restaurant was busy as it usually is on a Wednesday lunchtime, and we were seated with 60 seconds of getting through the door. Upon being seated we noticed that the restaurant was very cold! There was a sign by the front door explains there was some problem with heating. We were served by a friendly waiter called Henri, who took our order and told us to hang onto our voucher until the end of the meal.

Once we had ordered, (I had the 8oz scotch beef blue cheese burger, my dad and sister went for the flame grilled chicken breast burger each) we went to the salad bar. The salad bar was well stocked, so I cautiously selected what I wanted, the iceberg lettuce was very limp, but this wasn't surprising given that it was swimming in water. They must have not heard of such a thing as a salad spinner! Having filled my glass with my Pepsi Max™refill I sat down to wait for our food.

When our food arrived (after 17 minutes) it looked okay, but having tucked into my burger there was a problem. The blue cheese was missing from my burger. I called Henri over and he apologised and went to the kitchen to get it rectified. When he returned he said the kitchen had run out of blue cheese, but they failed to inform the front of house team. I had plain scotch beef burger instead, although I had to wait 10 minutes for it, so I was still eating when my dad and sister had finished.

It wasn't a great experience, so I definitely won't be returning.

1 Thank mrmfield21
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“The usual kind of Harvester”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

There are 3 Harvesters in Milton Keynes, this wouldn't be my first choice. The pub area is a bit grimey. The restaurant staff are not very friendly or efficient. Service at the bar just to get drinks is slow, even when not busy. The salad bar is not replenished frequently enough. If you like this type of dining and particularly want to go to a Harvester restaurant, try the one at Northfield, M.K. Staff are much more friendly and professional. Much cleaner restaurant.

• Visited December 2012