“Good food and good service”
Review of The Swan Inn

The Swan Inn
Ranked #95 of 555 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: This Little Gem is a beautiful 13th century thatched country pub & restaurant, which has undoubtedly changed over the years, yet retains a wealth of original features & oozes a rustic, rural charm. (Just remember to duck when entering!) Our orchard beer garden is ready for summer & is the jewel in our crown. Have a nose around and you'll find all sorts of wonderful herbs and fruit, all of which are used in our kitchen... You'll find us in the heart of the original Milton Keynes Village, the perfect backdrop to savour our delicious menu. Everything is freshly made in our open kitchen and changes in line with the seasons, using the best local produce we can get our hands on, served in the comforting surroundings of our restaurant. Something to note... If you think your veggies are top of the crops then bring them along...we accept them as currency! Accompany your better half, family or whole party ...we cater for all, providing half portion sizes for children's meals, customized set menus for your party & un-intrusive service for those special nights out for two. Planning a shindig? Just let us know & we'll take all the hard work off your hands...(It helps that we love a party!) We can't fail to mention that we're a proper pub ...Boasting top credentials from Cask Marque, you'll find a nurtured selection of real ales in our bar (2 of which change weekly) along with some great lagers, premium spirits and a wine list as long as your arm! We're located just a stone's throw away from the centre of Milton Keynes, so whether you've had a day at the office, been cheering on your team at Stadium:mk or had a hard days shopping at thecentre:mk, we're the perfect spot to stop & recharge those batteries! We look forward to welcoming you soon! Wanida (General Manager)
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We booked a Mothers Day meal at The Swan as we were not able to get a table at our usual restaurant, so we had never been there before. They were serving a simple set menu with a selection of roasts or a lemon sole or vegetarian option. The venue was nicely lit and we were shown to our table straight away, which was sooner than expected as we had arrived early. The service was excellent with a charming and flexible waitress and food arrived promptly and was declared delicious by all six of us. After we had finished we were able to transfer to a different area to have coffee and give presents. The price was also very reasonable. We are now converts and wil stop going to the other inn and return to the Swan in future! Well done The Swan, you have won some more custom by being so good!

1  Thank John E

Reviewed March 5, 2013

we visited this pub for a family occasion. we booked a table in advance which is wise as it was sunday lunch and despite it being empty when we got there it sooned filled up and it's obvious why! as a pescatarian there were a few options but if you're a full vegetarian the one criticism I have is the choice is limited. However what they did offer (lentil shepherds pie) was delicious and the salad fresh. the stick toffee pudding dessert was amazing. we also had 2 wheelchair users in our party and the pub had no problem accommodating them. I'm originally form milton keynes and often return to visit family and whilst this was my first visit to the pub I doubt it will be my last!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We took the inlaws to an evening meal here. This was the first time i had uses this restaurant and wont be the last. The food was excellent and the open kitchen is a treat. The pork was sublime.
A couple of niggles - the ambient temperature was uncomfortable unless you where near a window and when offered the cheese plate there should be an option to pick a smaller portion of chosen cheeses rather than all of them.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

The Swan Inn is a lovely pub in Milton Keynes village, serving delicious Sunday lunch. My roast beef was one of the best I've ever had.

Service could be better & it's a little bit pricey - expecially the drinks - but The Swan is definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We visited on a Saturday night on my birthday and I had initial concerns when the bar only had one bitter available out of 4 - not the best start. We went through to the restaurant which is very impressive after the fire they suffered a year or so ago. The menu is extremely appetising but when told by our server that, at 8pm, they had run out of fish & chips, there was only one special and they had no white Rioja, we did begin to think this was not going to be a great evening.
All earlier concerns allayed though when the food and wine started to arrive. I had their salmon & thyme fishcakes which were divine and my wife had a mixed platter for one, humous, olives, artichoke, sun-dried tomatoes, which was huge ( I had to help her out !!). For mains my wife had their remaining special, home made steak & mushroom pie with creamy mash and veg whilst I went for the slow roasted pork belly and mustard mash. Both these dishes were just fantastic, that's the only word that can describe them. They were so good, and so filling, that we simply had no room for dessert.
Overall we had a great evening and definitely left satisfied and feeling that we had received great value for money.

Based on our experience I would certainly recommend and I'm sure the shortages were purely aone -off.

1  Thank RobP