“Great night out..”

Las Iguanas - Milton Keynes
Ranked #29 of 532 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Cuisines: Mexican, Brazilian, Latin, Spanish, Central American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Walk through the doors of Las Iguanas and find yourself transported to Latin America, full of rich, vibrant colours, quirky features and custom-made wooden mosaic tables made especially for the restaurant from sustainable woods in Brazil. Each restaurant is unique and the staff love bringing unusual things back from their travels, ranging from large lobster sculptures to giant drums. The philosophy of Las Iguanas is to serve delicious and authentic Latin American food and drink in an environment which evokes the very best of Latin life. With recipes dating back to the 16th century, the food successfully fuses native Latin American Indian, Spanish, Portuguese and African influences. Working hard to ensure that everything comes from the best possible source, Las Iguanas is proud of its fresh GM free food and top quality ingredients.
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
“Great night out..”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We were in the area for the Transgender Day of Remembrance, after the service we needed feeding, We hadn't booked a table and went in on the off chance. We were asked if we would like to wait at the bar until a table was ready, It didn't take more than a couple of minuets which was a shame because i was enjoying the banter with the bar staff... the service we recieved was excellent, courteous, polite, very professional, friendly even, struggled to make a decision on what to eat, so much looked good, we felt under no pressure to order, once ordered the food arrived quickly and was very enjoyable and very reasonably priced, so in conclusion, good food at a fair price, nice relaxed atmosphere and first rate service, i would happily eat there again..

• Visited November 2013

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere good service”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Obviously you have to like this kind of food but portions are decent and prices reasonable. Good bar if you just want a drink and nice exterior tables in the summer in a square with lots of other bars and restaurants. Service can be a little slow at busy periods . Go early if you don't want to wait

Visited August 2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“A bottle of Sangria”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We have been here on a few weekends ,this particular review regards a fri evening at approx. 6am.The restaurant at this time was half full,with the usual early evening crowd of people socialising after work.We found a table and ordered a bottle of Sangria(around £15).This particular sangria was slightly bitter compared to previous drinks here but was still pleasant enough to drink.No food this time,we popped over to Nandos , but in the past the various dishes we have ordered have been tasty .I would recommend Las Iguanas for those going on a "crawl" or just for a casual meal and drink...thank you Las Iguanas

• Visited November 2013
Penzance, United Kingdom
“This Place has Buzz.”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Popped in for a drink and stayed the whole night. Its just so relaxing to sit at the bar have a few drinks, Friends arrived so we stayed and had a meal too. Great cocktails to start with. Good quality, hot , fast food in a great atmosphere. We LOVED it.

• Visited October 2013
Princes Risborough, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My visit to Las Iguanas was pretty uninspiring to be honest.

As mentioned in my other reviews, I have a gluten and dairy intolerance which means finding food that is suitable for me is not always the easiest task. They had a menu that showed gluten free options with a little symbol, however when I asked for the steak (which for me is a pretty good staple for eating out) they said that I could have it but only with salad as the chips were dipped in flour. Steak with no chips is just a little bit wrong, but after a long conversation with the waiter I ordered rice instead which wasn't too bad. They also seemed unable to process the 'no dairy' part as well, so I just had it plain which is fine by me.

When the food arrived the steak was cooked to my specification, but the meat wasn't that spectacular and the accompaniment were less than to be desired (rice and a few cooked cherry tomatoes.) I was with quite a large party of friends and they had tapas, which everyone seemed to enjoy. The cocktails on happy hour were a bonus too.

The waiter was reasonably helpful, however unfortunately when he was serving the food he dropped one of the dishes on the floor and sprayed my boyfriend's £200 coat, diesel jeans and shirt in red sauce! I'm sure he'll write his own review, but lets just say he wasn't very happy and the management team didn't seem to want to help there and then. He has been asked to send them the dry cleaning bill, lets hope the sauce comes out.

As soon as we had paid the food bill we got evicted from our seats very quickly, even though we were still buying cocktails and drinks...My advice, visit Nando's in The Hub instead, the food there is always cooked really well and the service is good.

• Visited October 2013