“Over priced. Poor value.”
Review of Ask Italian

Ask Italian
Ranked #130 of 568 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our ASK Italian restaurant in Milton Keynes' Xscape venue offers visitors a trulydelicious Italian meal. We source ingredients from Italy, choose fresh produce, and prepare every dish to meet the highest standards of Italian cuisine. This is how we make it back home: beautiful stone-baked pizzas, risotto and pasta made with panache, salads, meat and fish dishes bursting with flavour. If you're heading to Xscape for a day's shopping, we're here so you can give your feet a rest. If you're coming for Snozone's skiing, the Ellis Brigham climbing walls or Airkix indoor sky diving, make time to refuel at ASK Italian afterwards. And if you're seeing the latest release at Cineworld or planning a big night at the Casino MK, Revolution or WonderWorld nightclub, a large Italian meal is the perfect way to start.
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Just had a very disappointing trip to Ask at the Snow Dome MK. Calamari was greasy and made us feel ill, goats cheese salad was all dressing and barely any goats cheese and the final bill of £35 was far too much for what we received in terms of service and quality.

Avoid!

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Popped in for some tea with my wife and three kids. It's overpriced for what it is but we we're using clubcard vouchers so didn't really effect us. The food was pretty good but took a long time to arrive. Trying to get someones attention was very difficult as there were too few staff for the number of tables they were trying to serve - sad example of trying to maximise profits by overcharging and under delivering. False economy in the long run if they don't do something about the service. I suspect it's not the fault of the restaurant itself and rather a problem with head office policy. It means ASK are overworking and underpaying staff and will struggle to retain good staff. Shame.

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I've been going to this restaurant for a while now and it had started to go down hill, but lately it has been such great service the last couple of ones the staff all seem to be happy to be there the food is delicious as long as they keep it up I'll keep going back

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Went on a date here a while back now and it seemed they were trying to set a romantic ambiance with dimmed lighting and distant-but-friendly waiting. However, the music they had picked was Sisqo's "Thong Song" and the waiter, when asking if I wanted parmesan, managed to grate cheese over my lap for about 5 minutes as he spaced out and didn't appear to hear me asking him to stop. The food was nice but a bit bland.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I took my teenage son, who was hungry after an all-day ski lesson at the Snozone, to Ask Italian. We were quite pushed for time so we couldn't relax and have a full 3-course meal therefore he ordered a main pasta dish (linguine carbonara - £9.25) and I ordered the starter funghi al forno (£5.55) as I wasn't as ravenous as my son. We didn't have long to wait before our meals were brought to the table.

My funghi al forno was nice but maybe it lacked a bit of seasoning (there was no salt or pepper on the tables for me to add seasoning). My son's linguine carbonara was rather a small portion (he thought) for a main course and, again, it lacked seasoning despite having freshly ground pepper added to it by our waitress at the table.

Perhaps if we hadn't been pushed for time and had ordered a 3-course meal then my son's main course might not have seemed so small if he had filled himself up with a starter and had a pudding too.

So, I have to say that the venue and staff were really nice and the food was good but I would have liked to add some seasoning to mine; my son thought his dish was too small but, of course, teenage boys can eat more than 4 other people put together so perhaps he isn't the best judge of portion size!

I think we will try Ask Italian again when we have more time to order from the full menu.