“Security poor!”

Best Western Milton Keynes Hotel
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed August 30, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Veronica P

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Was surprised to find no disabled parking spaces. Had to park at end of car park. there were a few spaces near the entrance and all had been taken except one which was blocked by a plastic bollard. You have to call someone to reception using the phone on the desk as the hotel is attached to a pub.Someone came very quickly. I was told there were no disabled spaces,i looked out to the space blocked by the plastic bollard but was not offered this.it had been reserved for someone, on what basis I don't know. But I was more surprised by the 'and that's the end of story' attitude. I wasn't offered help with my bags so had to make two trips to the car park and it wasn't even suggested that I could park in front just to unload.So I was left wheezing and in pain.in the morning I noticed two cars parked right in front even though there were no marked spaces.this was not offered to me as an option either. I had go to the car park again around 2300hrs as I had left my phone in the car. to note; althoughthe car park has lighting it wasn't alight so theres no point parking under a lantern.
I didn't eat there but I looked at the menu and the prices are very reasonable. The room wasn't bad.Pluses are: it appeared clean(i'll come back to that) there was a trouser press,iron and ironing board and a fullsize kettle. the drinks tray was nicely presented with some nice biscuits. 7There were also lots of sockets,important in this age of charging batteries. I counted 7 of them!
The negatives are that the rooms have keycards. mine stopped working and had to be reprogrammed however at night the door front door is locked and there is no receptionist so if your key stops working whilst you are on the outside I don't know what you do. there is an emergency number so remember to take that with you if you are going out at night. I couldn't get the free Wi-Fi despite following instructions.The toilet was very close to the wall. Teabags were just taken from a regular box i.e they were not individually wrapped. The worse par was really the bathroom. Im a bit concerned about a pedal bin not having a plastic liner.Also when I pulled back the shower curtain in the morning I found 9 black hairs in the bath. A bath is easy enough to rinse and they were highly visible. I decided to put my glasses on and look at the floor. Was amazed bythe number of hairs,all black.Im grey so they cant be mine and also there was one ther a good 30cm long by the radiator. My head is shaven so theres no way its mine. Its one thing to mop a bathroom but this should be done first so that its dry by the time the room is finished being prepared and then the vacuum can be passed everywhere including the bathroom. The state of the bathroom left me a bit concerned about what I was walking in on the carpet.
The worse part is check-out 10AM is really too early. in fact I have never experienced this before.it didn't help that this one particular day I was in no rush. I made one trip to the car about 915AM and on my way back the woman at reception asked what room I was in. I told her and added that I was leaving yet. Despite this,ten minutes later at 924 to be precise, the housekeeper came into my room!! Talk about push someone out!!!

Room Tip: pointless if you have mobility problems
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel was fine for one night no longer it does need a lick of paint free parking and a hungry horse on site which was great and the food very nice. Room was a fair size bathroom was a little dated main problem with this place it the walls are paper thin we heard people on the loo having sex talking nightmare so if you want sleep dont stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2013

stayed 2 nights, Room very clean and a good size.
Evening meal in the bar, was very good and well priced and a huge choice to choose from.

Staff very friendly and efficient, will use again when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Good hotel for over night business trip.Lovely breakfast and staff.Only critisim it was a bit cold in the room but I am generally a cold person so wouldn't put that as a down side to this hotel.Two of my collegues stayed at the same time and didn't have a problem so must have been me.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I'm glad I was only staying he one night. The room was in a fairly poor state of repair mouldy bathroom ceiling, shower leaked and had to be left in the bath to prevent the dripping noise from keeping me awake. Door lock was loose and needed to be slammed to engage the lock so was weary when leaving the room. Staff not very friendly and reception only staffed in the morning, had to call the bar for somebody to check me in.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Overpriced £60 for an outdated bathroom with mouldy grouting, no sink plug, loose toilet flush, no soap, no liner in the bin, condensated double glazing, rotted windowsill, unfriendly female receptionist. Doors had to be slammed to trigger locking mechanism.
Pub food - pub food standard, blokes pub.

Room Tip: Stick with Premier/Holiday Inn for business trips.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business