All reviews caldecotte arms caldecotte lake bletchley park the pub velux window lovely view of the lake restaurant next door attached restaurant walk in shower safari park cooked breakfast family room first floor woburn abbey ample parking no lift no air conditioning
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This Premier Inn is pretty much the same as the others. Room was very nice and overlooked the lake, very pleasant indeed and lovely to walk around as the weather was beautiful. The problem I had was with the breakfast. After recently staying at another Premier Inn which was buffet style and they had vegan or non dairy marg but at the Caldecotte Inn there wasn't any which means for me no toast or crumpets as they really don't taste the same without spread on them. There was soya milk but it was sweetened which spoils the tea, if I wanted sweet tea I'd add sugar, just a thought for the future please. Staff were pleasant and helpful, room fine as they usually are. I went for this inn as it was very close to Bletchley which was the purpose of our stay and I had read about the lake. Would recommend but didn't like the restaurant which is another review somewhere else.

Room tip: ask for a room overlooking the lake if possible
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Having stayed at quite a few Premier Inn sites I can say that this location is the best yet. It is situated overlooking a beautiful lake with swans and ducks etc. We went on a lovely walk around the lake and also admired the many bird species in the bushes and trees. The Premier Inn itself is modern and we had a room with a view over the lake. All this in itself was lovely however what made our stay special was the wonderful service and welcome/farewell from the lady on reception - Kannitha. She was really friendly and has wonderful customer service. She asked us if we were staying for something special and we said it was our wedding anniversary. The next time we saw her she fave us a bottle of wine and a card. We were so touched by this lovely gesture. She is a credit to Premier Inn - they are lucky to have her. The breakfast is served in the adjoining Green King pub. The cooked to order was OK but the vegetarian sausages were just like uncooked stuffing. The quality of the products - coffee, yogurts and juices etc were not up to the ones you get if it is a proper Premier Inn breakfast so this was disappointing. I would definitely stay here again but avoid the breakfast.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Beautiful setting , lovely lady on reception however the man that worked in the evening ( I think his names David) was very rude and patronising to me and my friends. Other than that the hotel is lovely , we had rooms facing the lake which was beautiful.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Good stay (1 night ). Clean and spacious room with a great view of the lake.Staff very friendly and helpful in hotel and restaurant. Very close to our visit to Bletchley Park (about 2 miles) would stay again

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed September 8, 2019

The purpose of our one night stay was to visit Bletchley Park but it is fair to say that we enjoyed our stay here the evening before very much.

Bletchley Park is a very short drive from this Premier Inn so a good place to stay for an early start. It is a quirky Premier Inn as it is built around a very old historic building. It also has a fabulous location overlooking the lake.

Some rooms do face the lake, unfortunately ours didn't. It is a Premier Inn built to fit in with its historical surroundings so our room on the first floor facing the car park on first impressions did seem a little claustrophic as the ceiling was slanting down and it only had an attic style window. However, it is fair to say that we did have a good nights sleep, we were able to open the window quite wide to let air in (no air con in this PI) and there was also a fan in the room. So no problems there at all. Nice clean room and bathroom (as I would expect from a Premier Inn).

I only really have one negative about this PI (and in all fairness it is not probably in the remit of the PI to sort this problem out). The pub attached is not your bog standard Brewers Fayre etc, it seemed to be a more independant pub......and read on, we thoroughly enjoyed it. The only downside being that when the weather is fabulous as it was when we stayed you want to sit outside and enjoy the view over the lake. Unfortunately so do a lot of people who like to smoke/vape......and there were fag ends all over the place. Not a nice job to clean up fag ends so the people who throw them on the floor should be ashamed for doing so. I have no problem with people smoking, that is their decision but it would be nice to have a designated No Smoking area outside where people who don't want to smoke/vape can enjoy a drink and the view without breathing in other people's smoke/vaping and wading through their discarded fag ends.....maybe something for the adjoining pub to consider.

So, however, moan over. We had a really lovely meal in the evening and were lucky enough to sit by the balcony in the restaurant with the french doors open overlooking the lake. We were also lucky to be there with live entertainment . A young lady with a very good voice who sang a good variety of songs.......so unusually for a Premier Inn we spent the whole evening in the pub over several glasses of wine and thoroughly enjoyed our evening.

Breakfast in the morning was also really good......yes a typical PI breakfast, except that your order was taken at the table and the breakfast was fresh, (excellent poached eggs).

So all in all if the pub could sort out the outdoor seating area and make it a little bit more user friendly for those that do not wish to smoke I would definately give this PI a five star rating.

Room tip: Rooms at the rear of the hotel have views over the lake
Date of stay: August 2019