“Great Location, but noise from other guests an issue!”

Premier Inn Milton Keynes South Hotel
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Chepstow, United Kingdom
“Great Location, but noise from other guests an issue!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed at the hotel whilst working in the area. I parked in the Large carpark at the front of the hotel, which was free and always had spaces.

Check in at the hotel was friendly and welcoming, seemed very genuine and not robotic. The gentlemen that checked me in gave me my Key (A PROPER KEY! NOT PLASTIC!) I was given the times and location for Breakfast/Evening meal. Very informative check in.

The room (No 28) was a nice size room with what seemed like 2 single beds pushed together, made for quite a nice size bed but could feel a lump through the centre of the bed. There was a large Velux window in the room, my room looked over the large carpark area. There was Tea and Coffee facilities in the room, but a very small amount, so I did have to request more which was given with no issues at reception. There were extra pillows if you needed them. There was shelving and drawers and a waredrobe for clothes, plenty of space.

There is WIFI available for 30 minutes free after this, you have to pay.

Bathroom, the bathroom was nice and clean, with a bath with shower over it, all the flooring was tiled. Nice and bright area. There was Dove handwash near the sink and Imperial Leather gel for use for Bath/Shower.

There is a pub that is joined onto the Premier Inn, it is typical Chain Pub food, great menu at a reasonable price. Steak & Chips £9.99. Fully licensed bar of course and the prices were not too bad at all.

There is a Receptionist at night and really want to thank him, during my cigarette trips, he had the time to stop and chat and gave me some fantastic advice on the traffic volumes and various other local information. Thank you! Sorry don't remember your name, The date of stay was 30th April.

THE NEGATIVES
Lots of noise from other guests at night (Midnight and later) Doors banging, loud talking/shouting, people running through hallways. This disturbed me a couple of times but did not affect me too much, but a little disappointing.
The bed, the line through the centre of the bed (it was 2 singles pushed together) felt uncomfortable, but again I just slept on one side!
The carpets on the stairwells were looking very grubby and could do with a clean.

Overall Summary
Nice clean hotel room at a reasonable price, could do with better soundproofing from interior noise and perhaps rethinking the single beds together idea in the rooms. I enjoyed my stay the food was OK and staff pleasant.

I would stay again if on business in the area, but I would be tempted to go for the Hilton instead.

Room Tip: Perfect room would be to to look over the lake that is next to the hotel...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mrwurzal
Rizwan A, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes South Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you very much for your time in writing such a fantastic review for our Hotel.

I am glad to know that you had a great experience during your stay with us. It is always nice to know that our team are delivering the high standards to each and every guest staying with us. The location and the lake view are just amazing. At Premier Inn we believe in value for money and I am glad that you have recognised that by mentioning the price. Our Aim is to make sure our entire guest have an exceptional experience and such a positive comments always helps our team to deliver more.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and for your recommendation. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Kent
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed here for one night after visiting Bletchley Park which is only just over 2 miles away. The location was excellent - we asked for a lakeside room and a balcony which we were lucky enough to get. The room was good and to the usual standard for Premier Inn. We ate in the Caldecotte Arms which is attached to the hotel and although a little hesitant because some of the reviews were not good, we were pleasantly surprised at how good the food was - four empty plates and very good value for money - two mains £12.00 although if two of you had the same meal it was only £10.00. Service needs looking at as two meals turned up and then a fair wait for the other two. Would certainly eat there again if we stayed. We were lucky with the weather and managed a walk around part of the lake - took about 30 mins. All in all a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view - there are only 4 rooms with a balcony but worth an ask!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Rizwan A, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes South Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to know that you had a great experience during your stay with us. At Premier Inn we all go extra mile to deliver exceptional guest service and a great good night sleep. Positive feedback like this always helps to put smile on team’s faces and helps to deliver more.

Please be assured that your feedback will be passed on to both the team in the Hotel and the Pub next door.

Once again let me take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback and recommendation.

Hope to see you again soon.
Paignton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2013

After a shopping expedition to Bicester followed by Milton Keynes (phew!) this Premier Inn offered some well-needed R & R. Pleasantly located by the lake, the hotel was clean and the rooms were well-appointed in the usual style of the Premier Inn chain. The staff were also efficient and courteous. Reading other reviews of Premier Inns in the MK area we chose this one as it seemed the quietest (what I really mean is that there was no children's play area!!) and we were not disappointed. The next door, Caldecott Arms (Fayre & Square chain) was no different to a Harvester or a Beefeater. Enough said! A pity it did nor serve real ale. Oh well!
Another good value stay at good old Premier Inn !!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris P
Rizwan A, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes South Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am glad to know that you had a great experience during your stay with us. It is always nice to know that our team are delivering the high standards to each and every guest staying with us. The location and the lake view are just amazing. At Premier Inn we believe in value for money. Our Aim is to make sure our entire guest have an exceptional experience and such a positive comments always helps our team to deliver more.

Retford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here as part of my birthday treat, and the room was both spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was a little tired, but very clean and functional. The only negative was a very noisy extractor fan in the bathroom, but it didnt detract from our enjoyment. The front desk welcome was very good, and each time we passed there was someone there to offer assistance. The room itself looked out over a beautiful lake, and had a balcony so that you could enjoy it! We used it as a base for a visit to Bletchley Park, Home of the Codebreakers, and at 10 minutes drive, it was very convenient too. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the lakeside - the view is stunning
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rizwan A, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes South Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at Premier Inn. Our site is very much known for its traditional windmill and the quiet lake view. I completely agree with you that the Hotel is set in such a beautiful location, which certainly takes the cherry on the cake. I am also pleased to know that you enjoyed our service, clean and comfy beds and the Pub next door.

Please be assured that your feedback will be passed on to both the teams in the Hotel and Pub next door.

Once again let me take this opportunity to thank you for your time and recommendation. Hope to see you again soon.
Gloucester
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here for a night in Feb 2013. The rooms were lovely and clean and the staff very friendly. The setting is lovely and would of been perfect for a lovely walk around the lake if the weather had been better. It was snowing when we stayed so didn't get to go for a walk. The restaurant served good food qucikly. I would stay here again when visiting family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write us such a positive review for our Hotel.

We are glad to know that your first impression and experience with Premier Inn was great. It is always nice to know that our team are delivering the high standards to each and every guest staying with us. These positive feedbacks motivate our team to deliver more and go extra mile to make the guest journey an exceptional experience. Your valuable feedback will be passed on to the team in both Hotel and Restaurant.

Thank you once again for your feedback and recommendation. Hope to see you soon.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Lovely comfortable room. Great greeting on arrival. Breakfast one of the best we've had at a Premier Inn with friendly and amenable staff. Really convenient for Milton Keynes. Loads of parking close to the hotel. Only negative, and one which will probably never see us visiting this Premier Inn again - the hospital disinfectant smell that clings to the back of the throat in the corridors and bedroom on the ground floor (didn't smell this at the entrance or the restaurant). It wasn't a nice disinfectant smell that you would associate with cleanliness - this smell had the distinct aroma of death about it. Having lost two eldery relatives recently it is a smell I can't get out of my mind. Pity, as otherwise it was great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mandy9245
Dear Guest,

Hope to see you again soon.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The premier inn Milton Keynes South is a real gem, ample parking for both hotel and attached Fayre and Square restaurant, check in was quick and the receptionist was very polite, I ate in the restaurant and the food was very good and reasonably priced. Room was exactly what you expect from premier inn, spacious and clean, shower powerful and hot. Lovely quiet night sleep and one of the beat PI breakfasts i have ever had. If you are in the area I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Rizwan A, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes South Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013