A days shopping in Milton Keynes, not every mans idea of a Saturday well spent but at the end of the day its nice to rock up to a pleasent place to stay. The Premier Inn at Willen Lake certainly offers that. The site is in an excellent location, Willen Lake is one of the most visited leiesure lakes in the country or so the web tells me. The greeting from the staff was cheerful and welcoming, to be honest Premier seem to have that pretty well cemented in to the model now. Certainly those we have stayed at in the past year have been really consistent in the level of service we have received. We were placed in the annex to the main building, provided with a key for the outer door and off we went. Again the room was consistent with what we have come to expect, we paid £45 and it was worth it, comfortable bed, very clean, good shower we later discovered and we had a balcony something i had not seen previously at a Premier Inn. We stepped out to see what was visible from our balcony and were pleasently surprised. It wasnt a day for lingering on a balcony, but we had a view across Willen Lake and of the surrounding path. Plenty of opportunity for bird watching although several varieties of Duck, some swans, Moorhens and Coots were all we could see with the ubiquitous seagulls swooping and diving as they will. I imagine that on a nice Spring or Summer day it would be a very nice addition to the room indeed.
We did'nt fancy driving back to the Town that evening so choose the eat in the attached Fair n Square Restaurant, to be be fair, it is pub grub so dont enter here expecting Gourmet food themn whinge on your nearest review site. The menu offered plenty of choice, catered for veggies and could have done with having a few more fish dishes, but was adequate on a cold winter evening (i am told its spring but its not behaving that way). The service was self order and then to table it was prompt, the food was hot and tasty and the young lady who waited on us was extremely pleasent and happy to engage with us. EWhat i mean is it wasnt a surly drop the plate and run experience as in many of these chain style eateries.
In the morning we chose not to breakfast we did have some snacks with us but to get up in leisurely fashion and head home to do Mothers Day duties and start my other favority past time decorating ( note tongue firmly in cheek). Check out was smooth no bills to settle and a little discourse was had with the reception staff about whether they were better than the staff at nearby Fuston Lake, they claim they are but i would say nothing to choose between them, both very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Willen Lake is Ideally located within easy reach of the M1, The Lakeside facilities include various water sports, Aerial Extreme and play areas for children. Other local attractions include Gulliver's Land and the Ecopark. For great shopping Milton Keynes shopping centre is only 2 miles away. Our Milton Keynes East Willen Lake Premier Inn has everything you'd expect, incredibly comfy beds in every room and an onsite restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Milton Keynes East (Willen Lake) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Milton Keynes East (Willen Lake) Hotel Milton Keynes
- Premier Inn Milton Keynes East (Willen Lake) Hotel United Kingdom