“Good value, Friendly staff”

Premier Inn Milton Keynes South West (Furzton Lake) Hotel
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed here for two nights. The hotel has ample free car parking and is right next to a lake which makes for a lovely view. The staff were always friendly and helpful, they always said 'Good Morning' or 'Good Evening' as we were passing through reception and they were very helpful with advice of what to vist in the area. The room itself was clean, comfortable and quiet. We would definately stay here again if we were back in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 13, 2013

A new premier inn for us. One night stay at furtzon lake for the other half and i.
The hotel was in a nice location and was in keeping with every other pi we have stayed at.
The other half liked the wardrobes and storage in the room. They had doors which is something i dont recall coming across before.
The duvet was one of the softest we have slept under.
Bathroom was a bit small tho, ideal for the ronnie corbetts amoung us.
hotel has 3 floors but no lift so be aware of this. Also no shaver adaptor anywhere in the room.
One little niggle was the noise insulation. The windows are wooden double glazed but not very well. Tho bearable, we could hear the noise of the traffic drifting across across the lake at night.
Otherwise, friendly staff and tho we didnt have a chance to visit the fayre and square, if its as good as many weve been to, nuff said.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed at the hotel 5.10.13.
At check in, very unfriendly night porter did not even ask us if we wanted breakfast, didn't mention the good night guarantee, was uninterested.

Fire alarm went off at 2.30am, whole hotel evacuated, faulty sensor, room 226.
3.30am, fire alarm went off again, this time night porter cancelling alarms at the panel without investigating if there was a fire.

Bath was scratched and stank really bad.

Upon checkout, no apology for overnight problems, rude staff and no offer of a complimentary breakfast as compensation. Just told the hotel and fire alarm was old, and this was expected in a building of this age to get some false alarms. (erm, what about a good nights sleep!)

Water feature was drained and full of rubbish, hotel run down, worse than bates motel. AVOID IT at all costs!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank madnessinfo
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Milton Keynes South West (Furzton Lake) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for my wife,s 50th from the 29 to the 1st of Oct..They made us so welcome thank you .Just got fed up with waiting to be served in the bar for food.But not hotel,s problem.Not far from Woburn Safari park were we went for the day then shopping at Milton Keynes.We had a great time .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have to say i enjoyed my stay with the premier Inn, the staff were amazing especially Natalia who was very welcoming and really looked like she cared about the customers and her staff. The room was comfortable and suited me for what i needed.
The view was very nice outside and the lake made for a nice walk.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed here for a meeting in central London (not brave enough to drive into London). Having met my colleagues in Milton Keynes and told them where I was staying I was assured "its a lovely place" - and they werent wrong.

Very easy to find (although slighlty confusing finding the road in), this hotel is set beside a large lake complete with ducks and geese. Went for a walk in the morning (unfortunately I arrived as it was getting dark) and found the geese have attitude - they seemed to prefer the grass and footpath to the lake, and walking along the footpath got me honked at by a few of them! Clearly the geese enjoy breakfast just as much as me.

Plenty free parking, reception very well staffed. The attached "Fayre and Square" is also a pub in its own right, despite being very busy the service was excellent. Food arrived promptly, although the batter on the fish and chips contained lots of spice - what appeared to be pepper - a warning on the menu would have been good in that respect. Typical pub grub. Total bill for Fish & Chips and a pint of lemonade was £8.50

Breakfast was nothing special, I had to ask for plates for toast and there were no cornflakes. One girl was running round replacing plates and filling juice and water jugs as fast as she could - they need a bigger stand for the cereal!!

Hotel is a beautiful rustic brick building.

Room Tip: My room was on the ground floor, overlooking the access road and car park. Some rooms seem to overlo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed here recently for business and picked this Premier Inn in MK above the others because I'd stayed here before and had a good experience.

I was greeted and dealt with by Diana at the reception desk and she was exceptionally helpful, polite and friendly in getting me booked in and giving me the standard information.

I was in a disabled room because the inn was fully booked so it cost a little more but it was bigger than a standard room and wasn't a problem at all. It's also very near the restaurant so I didn't have far to walk in the evening / morning.

The room had an old fashioned (CRT) TV in it which took me back to my childhood and was a little surprising as most places these days have flat screen TVs.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business