“very nice, will definitely go back”

Premier Inn Milton Keynes South West (Furzton Lake) Hotel
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
London, United Kingdom
“very nice, will definitely go back”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

great location. a bit cold being near the lake but everything else was great. great location if you are after a bit of peace and relaxation away from the hustle and bustle of the center. restaurant next door for your convenience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
MKCSWManagement, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes South West (Furzton Lake) Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your stay with us, it really makes all the hard work worthwhile to read that you enjoyed your stay.

All of the points that we directly control seem to have made a clear impression with you all, your comments about cleanliness, staff and comfortable stay just makes all we are trying to achieve feel noticed..

I will be sure to make my team aware of your review, hearing that you would definitely stay again is all we can hope to hear.

Thanks once again for your feedback and please feel free to get in touch should myself or my team be of any assistance in the future.

01908 523200

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Korean first
Broadstairs, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The staff at this hotel are the most helpful that I have come across in a long time, nothing was to much trouble. The only bug bear was that the breakfast was a bit pricey(£8.25) if you are a small eater like me, but my husband and son had a great time filling up their plates over and over again!! Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a cheap, clean and comfortable stay.

1 Thank Donna J
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2013

After camping in Derbyshire Easter 2012 and getting snowed in in a tourer, I decided this Easter to book into a hotel. The premier inn at Furzton Lake had family rooms at a reasonable price. I booked for 9 nights. We had a really nice welcome from Lynn upon arrival and the room was really big and more importantly clean. The family room had a double bed and two singles which was great. The en-suite was spot on and there was always plenty of hot water. I booked the breakfasts and the offer was for the kids to eat free with a paying adult so that was good. The food was nice. I only found 2 faults. 1. The fried eggs had solid yolks, but not really a problem as they will cook poached and boiled ones to order. 2. The hair dryer has this daft button you have to keep held down when using it. I have very long hair so I did find this a pain. Overall it was spot on and I wouldn't hesitate to go back. Also if you are thinking of using it as a base, it took me about 8 minutes to get to Gullivers. The centre MK not as long as that.

Dear Guest,

WOW what a review.... Reviews like this are what makes us realise i guess why we enjoy so much repeat business. It really does seem like we made an impression and that makes all our hard work worthwhile.

I am more than sure that other travellers will find your review most helpful. I will be sure to make my team aware of your review and in particular Lynne.

To get a named mention usually means that someone has made a great impression and for that we are all really pleased.

As for the hairdryer please contact myself or my team directly and we will arrange for you to have a 'conventional' plug in hairdryer in your room on arrival should you decide to come back and visit us again..

In the meantime if we can be of any assistance please feel free to contact us on 01908 523200.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2013

After previous stays at this hotel during Easter and Halloween, we were looking forward to seeing what was being done for this Easter. Unfortunately, apart from a Tombola, the usual effort of decorating the reception and having an in room "hunt the chick for a prize" was not present this time. :( Much to the disappointment of our little one who always associates this hotel with this game.

Also, despite calling previous to our stay to get a lake view room, the note on the computer was missed and we had to go to the restaurant to have a meal before our lake view room was ready.

Our room was spacious and of the usual Premier Inn quality except for the bathroom door looked a mess on the inside and could have done with a bit of attention/repair.

Staff were helpful enough. The hotel just did not have the same wonderful greeting/atmosphere as we had previously received on arrival. I think we had been spoilt on previous stays!!

Dear Guest,

Please let me firstly apologise for falling below your expectations on this occasion....

It would appear that a simple message being missed has caused us to lose that wow factor. Over Easter there was a charity tombola in operation as this we felt meant at least our adult guests would get something out of the 'instant win' style of a tombola...

In rooms that we knew children would be in there was also another little surprise in operation which i can only guess got overlooked due to the same 'missed message'

For that we are truly sorry.....

It would appear that we still scored in many areas and for that we are thankful.

I really hope you will feel like visiting again and if myself or my team can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Paramali, Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Very pleasant and friendly staff, large clean room and adequate bathroom. Unfortunately, breakfast is only served until 9.00, so we were too late. Very convenient for MK and surrounding areas. The lake makes the whole area attractive and must be very appealing i

Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for leaving us valuable feedback on your stay with us at Furzton, it really is very much appreciated.

I am sure other travellers will find your review helpful in deciding where to stay in Milton Keynes.

Your comments on staff and cleanliness just make all our hard work worthwhile and we really hope you will look to pay us a visit again in the future.

If we can be of any assistance in the meantime please feel free to contact us on 01908 523200.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights last weekend.The hotel was really clean and comfortable and the staff were very friendly and polite.
The rooms (we had 2-one for my wife and i and the other for our daughters)were very clean and spacious(tv's could do with updating) .The restaurant adjoining the hotel was very good.Large selection of food and very reasonably priced.
The problem started when we went to bed.Whenever someone near our rooms turned a tap on or flushed the toilet the noise was shocking!Put the plugs in the bath and sink and covered the overflows and closed the bathroom door but to no avail.Was woken up 4 times during the night.
Told reception about it and overheard them saying its usually rooms in the 40's that have that problem.
Got offered our money back on the way out but its not about the money.Just wanted a decents night kip!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MKCSWManagement, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes South West (Furzton Lake) Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank You first of all for taking the time to review your stay with us at Furzton Lake. Clearly there were many positives surrounding your stay and these will be shared, both with my team and with the management team of the adjoining Fayre and Square Pub/Restaurant.

I read with interest your comments regarding the plumbing, in particular that of the comment made at reception. To elaborate I would like to point out that we have recently had some exploratory work undertaken in a particular area of the hotel and this appears to have been successful. However your feedback is extremely valuable and i would really like to request that you get in touch with myself or my team on 01908 523200 so that i can ascertain which room you stayed in.

We 'Guarantee' our stay with us for a reason- we genuinely want people to enjoy a good nights sleep, served by people who care.

Your comments on our service and cleanliness are much appreciated as these are areas we pride ourselves on at Furzton Lake, Thank You...

I really hope we can look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Rob Woodman.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

we stopped over here for one night and found the hotel to be very clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the food in the adjoining pub was good value for money with friendly staff there as well. bedroom was very clean and the bed very comfortable. As we booked well in advance we got a very good rate would stop here again well looked after

Room Tip: book early for great rates