Premier Inn Milton Keynes South West (Furzton Lake) Hotel
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Wales
“Good overall hotel”
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Not a bad hotel, chek-in was quick and room was clean. Good bed and nice pillows made for a good nights sleep. Breakfast was the usual hot and cold buffet with a decent choice for the money.

Plenty of free parking which is nice to see these days.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MKCSWManagement, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes South West (Furzton Lake) Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you very much for leaving your feedback about your recent stay in our Premier Inn Furzton Lake. I am glad your overall experience was good and you have enjoyed our clean comfortable rooms, location and quick check in service. I hope to see you again in future if you are in this area.
Reception Leader

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at Furzton Lake on three occasions and have found the staff to be very helpful and welcoming. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The hotel is situated in an area beside the lake and traffic noise is not a problem. The restaurant is situated in an adjacent pub and the usual Premier Inn breakfast is supplied, buffet style, with ingredients being topped up as required. The only problem we found was that the water features between the pub and the hotel lacked maintenance and contained a considerable amount of litter.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MKCSWManagement, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes South West (Furzton Lake) Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you for your review about your stay at Furzton lake Premier Inn. I am glad to hear that your recent stay and all other previous times you both had a lovely stay with us here. Also thank you for your comments about our staff here, they are always trying their best for all guests to feel welcome and looked after during their stay, so they will be pleased. However, I am really sorry to hear about the water fixture outside the attached pub not being maintained, as it does belong to the pub and I will be passing your comments to the management team there. I hope to see you soon and to welcome you both here again in future.
Old Warden
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Friendly and warm, great location, and good food in the restaurant. Very nice stopover if you are visiting local attractions like Woburn, Bletchley, or travelling for business, etc. Would recommend. Kiddie-friendly environment too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest, thank you very much for leaving your feedback about your recent stay in our Premier Inn. I am happy that you had a great stay here, loved our location by the lake and of course we are not far from city centre and other great family places around here, so thank you for willing to recommend us to the families too. I hope to see you again in future and thank you again for your nice comments.
Ellesmere, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as a stop over in Milton Keynes and was very pleased with the hotel.
The location is excellent, not too far from the town centre, only about 5 minutes by car.
The hotel itself seemed quite new and was very clean, the staff were friendly and happy to help in any way.
My room was very nice, cleanliness wasn't a problem and the bed was amazingly comfy, noise was a problem from nearby roads, although there were a few kids running up and down the corridor at night, through no fault of the hotel.
Overall I was very pleased with my stay and I recommend it to anyone planning to stay in MK.

• Stayed October 2012
MKCSWManagement, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes South West (Furzton Lake) Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time and writing your feedback about your recent stay in our Premier Inn Furzton Lake. I am glad that overall experience was great, liked our helpful staff service and comfortable clean bedrooms. I am very sorry about the disturbance caused by other guests in public areas, but you are welcome to contact our 24/7 reception staff and they will do their best to resolve any issues during your stay in future. So I hope we will see you back again in future and thank you for your comments.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stopped here on a quick visit to Milton keynes. Its a good Premier Inn with comfy beds, could do with a decent tv but had all the free view channels so cant grumble. receptionist were very welcoming to us and my 3 yr old. The restaurant is attached to the hotel so no need to cross the carpark in the rain ( like quite a few other ones). Food was good and mainly a £10 for 2 deal so keeps it a cheap night. Paid for breakfast in the morning and it was as good as the ones at the Hilton. The hotel is set in lovely grounds with a large lake a minutes walk away. i think it would be great in summer but a bit too cold this time of year to really appreciate it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest, thank you so much for leaving your review about your recent stay here at Furzton Lake. I am glad you had a great experience here, had a warm welcome in reception, comfortable and clean bedrooms and had good meals in the attached restaurant on both occasions. I completely agree about our lovely location by the lake and it is very pleasant to have a little walk around in the summer. So we hope to see you here again soon or even in the summer.
Old, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Very nice welcome from the reception staff when I arrived here. This is a fairly old fashioned Premier Inn - lots of dark wood in the corridors and those awful titchy CRT TVs. But the rooms are decent sized, clean, and comfortable.

Regrettably my room over looked the smokers' area for the attached pub with a lot of rather loud smokers puffing and chatting away until quite late. Whilst it wasn't a huge issue that night it would have been had I wanted an early start.

And then to breakfast. Premier Inn normally do a cracking breakfast whether in their own restaurants or in the pubs a lot are next to. Sadly this was not the case here. A very poor show - only tinned tomatoes, undercooked, very salty bacon, tasteless dry sausages, and so on. Not good value for money at all.

I'd certainly stay here again but wouldn't want to overlook the pub's outdoor area, and I'd never eat here again, it was awful. I know the pub isn't run by Premier Inn but that's no consolation at all!

Room Tip: Make sure you're not overlooking the pub's smoking area unless you like lots of noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
MKCSWManagement, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes South West (Furzton Lake) Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guest,
Firstly, many thanks for choosing Premier Inn, Furzton Lake to stay during your recent visit in Milton Keynes.
More Importantly, I thank you for your time to write a review about our hotel. I was happy to hear that your overall experience within the hotel has been good. However, not so pleased to hear your comments regarding our neighbouring restaurant. Please accept my apologies for the shortfall in service and the quality, I shall be passing on your feedback for action.
Once again, I appreciate your time for writing comments about our hotel and you can always contact us directly to request room away from the pub's courtyard in future.
We look forward to welcome you again in near future.
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is an older Premier, the TV is an old CRT portable, but it was very clean and comfy.
The mattress was excellent, pillows good and fluffy (unlike Travelodge) and the shower was brilliant.

Very quiet.

Food in the attached resturant pub was excellent, hot and staff were helpful.

I wouldn't call Furzton Lake Central MK though, its off to one side of of the city and a taxi to the Theatre is £5 each way instead of £3 for central travel.

Room Tip: You don't get a choice, its pot luck
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, thank you for your comments about your recent stay in Furzton Lake Premier Inn. I am happy you had a great stay here and enjoyed our quite location near the lake. Also thank you for a positive feedback about our attached pub next door and I will be passing comments on to their management team. I am glad you found our rooms clean and comfortable as our team always try to deliver a great standards, but I am sorry about our old-fashioned TV's, which we hoping to replace sometimes next year. Once again, thank you for leaving your comments and hope to see here again soon.