Premier Inn Milton Keynes South West (Furzton Lake) Hotel
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
North Wales
“A great weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

I'd not stayed at a Premier Inn previously so didn't really know what to expect. A friend had booked our rooms on-line some weeks before so got a really good deal for us, cost-wise. The room was spacious, the bed extremely roomy and comfortable, the bathroom facilities spotlessly clean. The room initially felt a bit cold but by using the control panel on the wall it soon heated up to the temperature which I required and maintained it the whole weekend.

The reception staff ( Roxanne and Olga ) were delightful! So friendly and helpful the whole weekend even though they seemed to be on duty for a very long time. I have mobility and sight problems and on arrival Roxanne immediately set about finding me a room which had easy access, for which I was very grateful. These two ladies are a credit to the Staff and employees of Premier Inns.

The food at the attached restaurant was of good quality and very reasonably priced. The Carvery ( two for £6.00 ) on Friday evening was outstanding in every respect. However, on Saturday evening there was very little food left, they had completely run out of turkey, carrots and roast potatoes yet were still taking orders for the Carvery. So there were some rather disappointed people who had ordered and paid for a Carvery meal. Perhaps the communication between the kitchen and bar staff should be improved so that the Staff taking food orders are aware of the situation if food is running low? We all felt that the drinks were very over-priced, though. All the waiting-on staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. We were able to reserve a large table in an area with a nice view with no problem.

The location is beautiful - very peaceful despite the proximity to traffic and the walk around the lake is lovely.
We were a group of eight people meeting up for a reunion. The only slight downside to the Inn was that there is no sitting area for a group, other than in the bar / restaurant which would not have been ideal after we had eaten our meal, so we all piled into one of the rooms to do our chatting!

We all agreed that we would love to stay there again but wish that Premier Inns would have a straightforward pricing system so that the advertised "£29" room really WAS a reality all the time! We paid this amount by taking advantage of a special on-line offer many weeks ago but when I checked on line the day before for the current price, it would have been around £137 for the same room if booked just a day or so before. The variable price structure is the only thing which would deter us from staying at a Premier Inn again, as the prices fluctuate so much.

For my group, though, this was a perfect choice of accommodation, location and with outstanding service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MKCSWManagement, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes South West (Furzton Lake) Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you very much for your comments. I am very pleased that you had a great stay with us, enjoyed our location and facilities here. I am glad we could help to acommodate your requests and you can always contact our 24/7 reception if you have any requests next time prior your arrival. Thank you again for such a lovely review, this will motivate our team even more to deliver a great service in future.
Olga Evans
Reception Leader

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Korean first
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights over the half term with my 2 children. From arrival we were greeted by a friendly member of staff (Lynne) who interacted with my daughters, explaining everything to me and even helping me up the stairs with my suitcases. The family room was much bigger than expected with a double bed, single bed and fold up bed ( the fold up bed was quite uncomfortable according to my eldest but with the two spare duvets in the cupboard, we just laid an extra layer on top of her mattress and this was fine). Several spare pillows also.
Bath and shower worked fine, with plenty of hot water.
Breakfast was very good value, with both my children eating free as I paid for a premier breakfast, this entitled them to eat as much as they wanted of both English and continental breakfast. Things did run out eg clean glasses and plates but staff soon rectified this.
We ate at the attached Fayre and Square restaurant every night. It was very good value, quick service and lovely hot food.
Lynne on reception was able to give me local knowledge of the area and did so with a smile.
Only thing my children complained about was having to leave!! And happy children = happy mother!
Would definitely recommend, was an ideal base for Woburn safari park and Gullivers theme park.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, thank you for such a lovely comments. As you have noticed we are not too far from great locations and city centre. I am glad you and your kids had a great time here and our staff could help and looked after you. Once again, thank you for your review and hope to see you all again in future.
Olga Evans
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

We had a very good time staying in this perfectly located hotel. Our room was quite spacious and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful especially Lynne who was very welcoming with a good sense of humour. Breakfast was eat as much as you like which was ok but it seems that the restaurant was understaffed. You could see that the few staff on duty were struggling to cope with meeting customers demands, some teapots were not cleaned at all. Overall, we would stay in this hotel again and again as everything was perfect for us, apart from the breakfast which can be a lot better. I would have rated this hotel 5/5 but the restaurant let it down.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest, thank you for your review. I am very happy that you and your family had a lovely stay with us here. Also I am glad that our team, especially Lynne, have met your expectations in frindly and helpful service. However, not so pleased to hear your comments regarding our neighbouring restaurant. Please accept my apologies for the shortfall in service, and I shall be passing on your feedback to the restaurant management for action. Once again, thank you for lovely comment and hope to see you here again soon.
Derby, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

Excellent Premier Inn, all staff were very friendly, and in a really pleasant position by the side of a lake.
Popped down to the attached pub for a late(ish) pint at 22:30 on a Tuesday. It was closed!!!!
Didn't need breakfast, and didn't eat in the pub, looked a little expensive, and far too many '2 meals for £xx' offers for a single traveller to take in.
10 min drive or 45 min walk into the middle of MK along the excellent MK readway paths.
More or less on the Millenium Circular Route, (12.5 miles) if you have your bikes.
The vending machine was out of service, and there didn't seem to be any alternative shops/pubs locally.
After all the moaning, I'll finish off by saying, if I need to, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: No lift to upper floors. Some rooms have lake view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MKCSWManagement, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes South West (Furzton Lake) Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you have enjoyed our location ,but I'm sorry about restaurant opening times and our out of order vending machine. I am disapointed that our reception team didn't let you know on arrival about restaurant times and as it was bank holidays it was only open till 22:30 and for the same reason vending machine couldn't be fixed and they were shut for bank holidays. Thank you for your comments and i hope to see you here in the future again.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

hotel was good food was good the only quibble i had was there was no lift i enjoyed my stay the staff were very helpfull and it was in a nice location

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad you had a great time here and enjoyed our location. I am sorry to hear that you had some difficulties to get upstairs, but next time you are very welcome to request a ground floor room by contacting us prior arrival and our staff here will do their best to help. Once again, thank you for your review and I hope to see you here again.
Kind Regards
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

Stayed in the PI over the Jubilee weekend and the rooms and bathroom where to the normal standard of any premier inn however the building itself is a bit dated. Check-in was slow and the receptionist Lynne made little jokes about it which I didn’t find very professional. There is a problem with the plumbing in rooms 338 and 240 which they know about however we were still put in one of these rooms. During the night I was woken 3 – 4 times and thought someone was in my room. Lots of noise coming from the pipes in the bathroom, to be honest it sounded like trapped air in pipes or something.

Breakfast was underwhelming compared to other PI’s I have stayed in before.

Due to my poor sleep the night before I tried to get an hour before we had to leave however due to the hullabaloo the cleaners were making alas no extra hour’s sleep for me.

In saying all of this we did avail of the money back guarantee seeing as we didn’t sleep and on check out the receptionist was very professional (however on seeing us complaining another couple with kids saying the same thing had happened to them) so this seems to be an ongoing problem.

Hopefully they will sort it out soon!

Room Tip: Ask not to be put in rooms 240 or 338
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Milton Keynes South West (Furzton Lake) Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Many thanks for your review.

It is very important to us that our guest's enjoy every aspect of their stay. Your feedback is very much appreciated as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. We do hope that your refund in line with our Good Night Guarantee reaffirmed to you our commitment to ensuring our guests enjoy their stay, please be assured that your comments will be passed onto the Management Team at the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Norwich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

Lovely setting, had a great walk around the lake on the last day before leaving. The staff were brilliant, very helpful and always with a smile, and the room was maintained very well.

The only problem was the Restaurant attached to the Premiere Inn, this was just bad. They never had enough staff to cope with the number of guests, the food was of low quality (lower than i expected for a budget inn). Breakfast was a shambles, never enough food for all of the guests and people had to wait for items (they couldn't even work the toaster properly).

The hotel i would recommend, the restaurant i would not, find somewhere else to eat.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family