“21st Birthday Treat”
Review of Xscape

Xscape
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This sports and entertainment complex features indoor snow slopes, climbing walls, bowling lanes, a multi-screen cinema and a variety of interactive games.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I like to have a practice ski before our annual holiday however we always use the one in Hemel Hempsted but this one in Milton Keynes is just the best. We brought my daughter her for a treat on her 21st birthday. She was studying at Bedford Uni and we travelled up to spend the day with her. We had an hours skiing before popping to Pizza Express (next door) for a birthday pizza.
I love this place and wish it was a lot closer to home as it beats the Hemel Hempsted one hands down. The slope is wide and long. I highly recommend it for those of us who can ski to get in a bit of practice before holiday its just a shame its not closer to home. They offer skiing lessons and payment includes ski and boot hire and if necessary you can hire the cold weather clothing if its your first time. Lockers are provided. Its ideal to learn to ski as its better than a dry ski slope, Its just like the real thing and you can experience the button lifts.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Family day out. Ski ing for an hour, then a Subway lunch, then cinema for Les Miserables before a meal at Ask (an Italian). Really excellent day, all under one roof.

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

So first let me say i have an unlimited card so the price doesn't bother me and because of that i get 25% off food and drink so the overpricing there does not really affect me either!

However i must say the staff at cineworld xscape are the rudest,slowest members of staff i have ever come across. So firstly whenever u queue for tickets they take at least 25mins to serve you because all of the box office tills are never full, u can buy tickets from the concessions stands but no-one advertises that as there is usually 2 people serving and by the time you get to the front you have missed the start of the film!!!! Now i like to mix my drinks so when i got to the front i politely asked if i could have a coke,fanta and sprite mixed together. The reply i got was "we are not allowed" i responded "well everyone in luton does it and your collegue did it for me just one week ago" and they said "well my colleague was wrong and i can't do it, i just can't" by this time i am kind of angry because i had just been waiting 20mins to be served and had i known this would happen i wouldn't have queued up so i went and asked another staff member who told me that actually it was at their discretion and they could do it if they wanted too!

So to sum up i love the cinema, the layout the screens especially the new dbox feature, i love the fact parking is easy but i DISLIKE pretty much every staff member! I am going to try and see if there is another big cineworld with nicer staff

1  Thank Rachel260387
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I love this place and wish it had been in existence before I first went skiing in my late teens. I highly recommend it for those of us who can ski and snowboard to get in a bit of practice before holiday; as it's not just getting the ski practice, it's also familiarising oneself with the whole experience and getting back into the swing of putting one's boots on, the lifts etc. etc. With the -3 temps and fake snow, it feels quite authentic and even in the height of summer makes me feel that refreshed alpine feel!

If you've never skied before- I would highly recommend some lessons here as then you don't waste so much of your first ski / snowboard hols learning the basics, although you will still need lessons as most people do, even when they ski well.

G8 for kids as there are snow pup lessons and also in Xsape there's a climbing wall to run off steam on.

Lovely outdoor gear shops to inspire those wondering what 2 wear on the slopes. Restaurants and cinema to relax/ collapse in afterwards.

Go for it- it's g8 fun!!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have had 4 skiing lessons here and each one has been great, i wasn't very confident but with each new instructor came different methods which helped me find a method that really helped me. I went when the lessons were half price and thought it was definitely good value for money and i look forward to going back to improve.