“Live in London & need 2 practice your skiing/ snowboarding before holiday?”
Review of Xscape

Xscape
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This sports and entertainment complex features indoor snow slopes, climbing walls, bowling lanes, a multi-screen cinema and a variety of interactive games.
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I love this place and wish it had been in existence before I first went skiing in my late teens. I highly recommend it for those of us who can ski and snowboard to get in a bit of practice before holiday; as it's not just getting the ski practice, it's also familiarising oneself with the whole experience and getting back into the swing of putting one's boots on, the lifts etc. etc. With the -3 temps and fake snow, it feels quite authentic and even in the height of summer makes me feel that refreshed alpine feel!

If you've never skied before- I would highly recommend some lessons here as then you don't waste so much of your first ski / snowboard hols learning the basics, although you will still need lessons as most people do, even when they ski well.

G8 for kids as there are snow pup lessons and also in Xsape there's a climbing wall to run off steam on.

Lovely outdoor gear shops to inspire those wondering what 2 wear on the slopes. Restaurants and cinema to relax/ collapse in afterwards.

Go for it- it's g8 fun!!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have had 4 skiing lessons here and each one has been great, i wasn't very confident but with each new instructor came different methods which helped me find a method that really helped me. I went when the lessons were half price and thought it was definitely good value for money and i look forward to going back to improve.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Family day trip for some sledging and ice sliding. Sledging is only on small round plastic tea trays but great fun for all the family. Kids preferred the ice sliding. Plenty to see around the slope - be sure to check out the sky diving viewing gallery - another day trip to be had! Plenty of parking. Choice of restaurants. Please note that photos of activities are taken and available to purchase but beware of photo quality! The prints we ordered were so poor we asked for our money back. Please check the photos before paying for them.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Everything under one roof, not much more you can say about an entertainment complex. Cinema is fine, and if you like skiing its convenient.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I've visited Tamworth and Hemel Hempstead indoor slopes - but this one beats them hands down!
The Milton Keynes slope is long enough that you can spend more time on the snow than the lifts (so long as you don't go too fast!). The snow was good quality and nicely groomed.

We visited on a Saturday morning when it was quiet then again in the afternoon when it was much busier and the slope had suffered a bit from all the traffic.

If you have a choice, visit first thing in the morning if it's at a weekend.