“Great but some of the hardest holes I've come across”

Mr Mulligan's Pirate Golf
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great but some of the hardest holes I've come across”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

After wanting to come and play for ages I finally convinced my other half to give it a go. I enjoyed myself but it is by far one the most challenging course I have played! It was really well maintained and thougth out. I did get annoyed at one point at how many times my ball ended up in the water but maybe I should learn to play!
A great day out if your patient.

Visited October 2013
BGLGolf, Front Office Manager at Mr Mulligan's Pirate Golf, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for your comments, we pride ourselves on having one of the best and most exciting courses within the UK. Our holes all have recommendations at the tee off of how to play the hole, this also advises an easy option and a more difficult option so players can select how to play. Kath Cloughton -Events Manager

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great option for a unique date”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Took my girlfriend here six months ago and had a great time. It's inexpensive, great fun, competitive and is by no means a quick activity. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Visited April 2013
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great way to spend an afternoon”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Had a good visit here with the kids and really enjoyed it. It was £21 for a family of 4, so not too expensive.

There's a full 18 holes, all of which (including the surrounding scenery) are well looked after and entertaining for the kids. The course is well thought out and there's quite a few interactive bits like the raft on a rope pulley that you have to use.

Highlight for the kids was me falling into one of the streams that go round the course and soaking my feet.

It is all outdoors so make sure you are prepared for the weather. As my kids are only 4 and 6, we took quite a long time and stopped to let other players overtake us. I imagine that it could get a bit cramped and queues build up on sunny days, but it was fine on sunny but cold autumn afternoon.

Visited November 2013
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Fun but felt rushed by the people behind us.”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We took our kids for their first golf experience at Pirate Island last weekend. They were very excited and when we arrived there was virtually nobody playing. We had great fun for the first little while, but unfortunately we seemed to have speedy gonzales' family behind us and with all the tutting and huffing, we felt rushed to complete our go, and infact even missed several holes entirely in a bid to keep ahead. We'd have normally just let them play, but trying to explain to a 3 year old that the person behind you is going to go ahead of you and he has to wait is nigh on impossible.

Disappointing experience all in all. Staff didn't seem particularly interested and lacked a smile which didn't really help the experience either. For the money it cost us (there were 9 of us), I'm not sure I'd bother going back and risking disappointed kids again.

Visited October 2013
Thank you for our comments and we are really pleased that you had a great day out. We do get some players who play the course faster than others and then they feel held up which is no fault of yours. We do have a 7 shot rule for each player on each hole which should alleviate the problem of people getting backed up. We hope it will not stop you from returning to us. Kath Cloughton -Events Manager
Bucks
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Party time... or maybe not!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Fab attraction for my husband and son, however the food took a very long time to come out and we were left to keep the kids entertained... not what the party hostess has paid for.

Visited September 2013
We are glad you enjoyed the course but would like to apologise about the wait on your food for the birthday party. The hostess should have let the kitchen know 10 mins before you were due in so the food would be ready for you. We are investing in walkie talkies so our party hosts can have easier communication with the clubhouse to alleviate these problems going forward. Kath Cloughton - Events Manager