“Really...?”
Review of Planet Ice

Planet Ice
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Milton Keynes
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Really...?”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I am really surprised at the negative reviews, as I have enjoyed all of my visits to Planet Ice.

The decor isn't all that, but as I went for the ice rink, I can't say I was at all concerned, as I was too busy having fun.

Personally I feel lucky that there is an ice rink in Milton Keynes, rather than having to travel an hour away so that I can spend more time admiring the decor.  I think some of the reviewers here need to count their blessings.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Ember24

Hertford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Filthy”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We visited this venue today for an afternoon out with our teenage children. Our first impression was pure filth, the corridor leading to the cash desk looked like it hadn't been cleaned for years. The first pair of hire skates was falling apart, ice rink was fine. When a member of our party enquired about a skating aid we were told it was £3.00 for half hour, considering we were there for 2 hours this seemed really expensive. Very cold for spectators around the rink, this we expected. When we enquired if there was a warm spectator area we were told to go to the cafe, this we did, we walked straight back out, It was so dirty and smelt of very old chip fat. On a positive note the children enjoyed the skating, if the management spent some time cleaning the venue I'm sure more people would visit.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Chipper583
London, United Kingdom
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“In great need of a refurbishment”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The car park behind the venue was very confusing, had to ask random people if I can actually park there. It would be helpful if the signage is improved. My first thought on entering the venue 'is it got left behind in the times'. It first opened it's doors in 1990 and that's the last time to 'me' that any major works took place. All the ceiling tiles in the foyer have been painted, which looks very nice, but it doesn't cover the fact the venue is in need of a urgent face lift. The floor was worn and old and the ice skates were pretty much knackered and I couldn't wait to remove from my feet.

When I first went on the ice I found it hard to grip to the ice, as the ice was wet, which caused me to fall over (my first time ever). The staff were very quick to rescue me. I prefer to skate at Alexandra Palace and won't skate here again.

The website is very good.

I hope the proposed refurbishment will get the go ahead soon.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank CrystalPower
Ashford, United Kingdom
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 154 helpful votes
“Planet ice.....”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Oh dear...old...ageing....dirty..... What a shame that this facility is so tired & staff so not interested in the customer..... The facility is well used due to lack of local competition; but it could be 100% better. It needs some TLC, a good clean, new staff who like their job. I suppose it's a reflection of society today. A shame as my daughter loves this as a treat, but each time we go...I always feel the same way......

Northampton, United Kingdom
“great Fun!!!!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

me and my family visited the ice rink in milton keynes, just after christmas and had a wonderufl time!! the prices weren't too shabby compared to a rink at a garden centre we had visted the week before, and the ice pad was HUGE!! The staff were a great help, and the hire skates weren't as bad as they looked, though they could probably do with some TLC. Generally the whole building could do with a bit of work, it does look slightly dated and run down, which is a shame because it could be so much better! Overall though was a fun day out and we will no doubt visit again :)

Visited December 2012