“Fantastic”

Mii & U
Ranked #25 of 540 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are an Oriental Cafe, serving freshly prepared dishes. We're located within our Oriental Superstore in Milton Keynes. Although not very grand, we serve nicely prepared and presented dishes from the Orient.We've also started to open in the evenings, every Thursday, Friday and Saturday, until 9pm (last orders).
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

It's such a simple concept - delicious,high quality food, very friendly and helpful staff, very relaxed atmosphere. Eat then wander round the attached shop. Haven't been there in the evening, a delight yet to enjoy. I loved the flexibility of the menu, they were very accommodating to requests.

1 Thank ros w

Buckingham
“Not bad but the best?”
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Popped here for lunch today after seeing the reviews.
As said, this is the Chinese version of a greasy spoon - plastic tables and chairs, pots of cutlery an sauces on the table.
We had a few dishes between us - prawn toast which was ok, soup which was good, ribs which were a bit bland but ok, Katsu curry - again ok and char-Sui pork and duck which was - ok!
The prices are superb here don't get me wrong and its great to have an Asian restaurant open lunchtimes. £22 for five dishes and drinks. Service was also fast.
However sorry to say but personally the food was just average for me. I've had a lot tastier stuff in the area.
It's really the prices and portion sizes here that set it apart. But for me the best Chinese food (meat/ingredient quality and taste) in MK- no. The number one restaurant in MK? Really not seeing that in any way shape or form. People will say atmosphere isn't everything but its certainly something. Ill probably go back for the value aspect but won't be making detours. It's now open evenings as well but please have a look at the place before you decide on a romantic meal here :)

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Don't be put off by the environment”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Have been wanting to go here for a while but it's a struggle as only for lunchtimes but as of 28th feb it will be open on Thurs, Fri and sat evenings.
We ended up walking through the shop to get to the cafe as we entered through the wrong main door but this was probably due to being distracted by sheer excitement of the promise of Chinese food as I've been on a no carb diet for a while. Waitress was lovely and friendly. We decided to get a couple of dishes to share: prawn crackers, sesame prawn toast, chicken Katsu curry and chicken massaman. All main dishes are generous and come with rice and salad garnish making it good value for money. All food was yummy however in hindsight would probably not have ordered the sesame prawn toast as wasn't needed. We weren't able to finish our meal but the waitress kindly boxed up our leftovers to take away. Drinks are fair priced, I found my passion fruit juice sickly sweet and unable to finish but my friend enjoyed her coconut juice.

Will be returning at some point to sample other dished from the menu.

London
“Consistently excellent food”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Time to write a review having tried most things on the menu now. Every dish I have tried has been a culinary delight, an explosion of diferent herbs and spices amongst the freshest ingredients, the benefit of being located in a chinese supermarket I suppose,its fresh every day. The staff are friendly and helpful, if you want any variation on the menu they do it without hesitation, so just ask! Take my advice and try the sushi, it's the best I have ever had, I used to regularly vist the Japan centre on Piccadilly where they make it in front of you, but this beats it by a mile. Think Wagamama but more flexible, much tastier, no rush to get rid of you and at least half the price. Long may it continue, well done.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank CCrunch
London, United Kingdom
“STILL AMAZING!!!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Have been coming to Mii&U in MK for a few months now, whenever i have the chance.
I have been having some really nasty experiences these last few weeks trying some other new restaurants, but it is a real relief to come back to Mii&U and find the food is still great and truly amazing - I have been going through the menu, trying different dishes every time i come - i still have a long way to go.
The very helpful waitress told us that from the 28th February they are going to open in the evenings on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, a new menu with many more new dishes added - i expect the prices to be a little higher for the evening menu, but i hope they keep it reasonable, because i have got used to the fantastic lunch time menu prices!!
Can't wait to try it out.

• Visited February 2013