“Not bad, awful Santa”

The Centre: MK
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed December 8, 2014

They tried to make more of an experience this year for Santa's Grotto. I thought the wrapping paper making and Reindeer food was good for the children and my 3 really enjoyed that part.

But when we went in to see Santa I could have swung for the old fella when he opened with the line. "I hear you two have been bickering this year, that's not good at all" My poor twin's faces dropped, he tried to redeem himself with "But I hear you look after your little brother".

It felt more of a lesson than a meeting with Santa and he couldn't understand my girls at all, the Elf had to interpret for him.

2  Thank Barry F
in 6 reviews
"great shopping"
"per hour"
in 7 reviews
"pay and display parking"
in 3 reviews
"plenty of places to eat"
"food outlets"
"lots of shops"
"multi storey"
"bhs"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed December 7, 2014

We always look forward to taking our grandchildren to Milton Keynes near Christmas so they can see the beautiful Christmas display.

What a disappointment, infact I told my son not to take his family this year as there is nothing worth seeing. In past years the whole area outside JL had been filled with marvellous displays for the children, with bridges to walk over and pirates ships etc. This year the Christmas market scene has taken precedence and the childrens area i.e. display is virtually non existent with 2 huge Igloos and a small train ride with a few frosted trees.

Great disappointment as it looks like they are more interested in making money than pleasing the families who make it their annual event to visit every year.

3  Thank annie48Northants
Reviewed December 7, 2014 via mobile

We took our 2 young children here this year and was totally disappointed. It seems like they are concentrating more on making money out of the poor people who visit rather than the magic of Christmas. The display is awful, the rides too expensive, we paid £6 for one tiny go round on the train amongst the polystyrene snow men and fake xmas trees which seemed like it lasted 30 secs! Stalls full of stuff that you could buy cheaper in the supermarket. MK has to pat it self on the back for having one of the worst, unimaginative displays in history this year.

3  Thank WayneR1512
Reviewed December 7, 2014

after taking out 1 and 3 year olds to see the display last year which was great, we thought we would take them again this year and what at total let down.
seems this year was all about money making, very disappointed and wasted journey wish would of read reviews before travelling there.
wont be going there again.

1  Thank dee h
See more reviews
Reviewed December 7, 2014

We have been regular shoppers at The Centre MK for years. This years display was the worst I have ever seen. No coherent theme, nothing to see unless you pay the OTT fees for the ridiculous train ride, even if you are foolish enough to stump up nearly £10 for a family of 4 (before thinking about the stupid money for Santa) there is still nothing to see.

Milton Keynes displays have been on a downward spiral for years. Hopefully this year will be its nadir and they can learn from this greedy, money grubbing scrooge like approach.

If they had a pretty display with a good theme people will buy food and drink, they will linger. There will be a pleasant atmosphere.

TBH I would rather they forgot about Santa as it only leads to overpriced resentment. Try and recover the spirit of Christmas instead of this cynical and expensive concept.

3  Thank FordPrefect421