“Good hotel for a one night stay.”

Premier Inn Milton Keynes Central Hotel
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Luton, United Kingdom
“Good hotel for a one night stay.”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, rooms we're tidy, staff we're helpful, parking was cheap enough. Some views from the hotel are better then others. Ideal location to see the centre mk. All in walking distance if bars/night life. Food next door is pricey I know it's nothing to do with the hotel but that's who they recommend. A walk over the road is cheaper options. All in a good stay. Premier inn is our favourite budget hotel!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeanette U, Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes Central Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Milton Keynes Central Premier Inn.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will return to us soon. I have passed on your feedback to the rest of the team.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Somerset
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Just stayed for one night, Very friendly staff. Room was spacious and comfortable and very clean Only problem was the insomniac upstairs who also seemed to have brought his pet elephant with him!

Beefeater restaurant next door was very good. Had an excellent dinner and breakfast there - great value food and excellent staff.

Having to pay for parking is a pain but nothing the hotel can do about it.

Would definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Norwich
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed in this hotel when we visited xscape snozone. The hotel was perfect and I couldn't fault a thing. It was clean, comfortable and the staff were friendly. The location was perfect- literally across the road from xscape with a wide variety of restaurants to choose from!! I would definitely recommend this hotel and is would also recommend the premier breakfast which is wonderful value and very good quality!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us here in MK and hope that you will return to us soon. I have passed on your feedback to the rest of the team.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2014

the location of this hotel was in what looked like a housing estate,was not easy to get to if you weren't driving,when we got there the wano one on the desk when someone finally came she didn't seem bothered about helping us she was rather rude the handrails were being painted and we wasn't advised of this when we checked in the room itself was lovely very spacious the only complaint I have was the bath was quite high up I struggled to get in and I also slipped getting in as it was slippery from my husband having taken a shower which could be dangerous for children also there was not instructions on how to operate the shower,the noise was horrendous at night the people above us sounded like a herd of elephants and it was constant til about 4 in the morning tried to book into the restaurant but was told it was fully booked which if you are staying in the hotel you should be able to get a meal at the restaurant I have stayed in a few premier inns before and would go back again but I would not go back to this one again

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Having stopped at quite a few premier inns over the past few years, I expected this one to be pretty much the same high standards as the rest, and in most aspects it is. Pleasant staff, rooms are of a decent size, clean, good tv and ok bathroom. And one more thing that's a definite plus is the beefeater restaurant next door. Lovely surroundings, nice food and The waitress could not have been friendlier. So after the meal I settled in for the evening.

Now comes the deal breaker. The noise from people walking above me was just horrendous, I've not come across this at premier inns before, but this place was really bad. At first I thought it was some guests above me having a good time, but after a while I deduced it was anyone who was walking down the corridor to their room. Honestly it was like the floor magnified the sound, bang bang bang all night and all the following morning. I thought it was a herd of elephants with clogs on, doing the fandango above me!.

If you read another review about room 24, Which I was very close to in number, that guy mentions the poor sound insulation, albeit in a slightly different way. But there must be issues with it in some way or another. I didn't mention it when leaving, as I don't think there is really much they can do about it, without spending a lot of money soundproofing the offending areas. It just seems to be a design flaw, or maybe its a converted building?. I'm just speculating though.

As I eluded to in the title, most things about this place are good, and don't get me wrong I like premier inns. But the noise issue was just too much for me , after all I've gone there to sleep.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor, maybe higher up its quieter, but I wouldn't bet on it.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank batradger
Shropshire
Reviewed December 16, 2013

What a happy stay,felt safe and warm(Christmas week end) great breakfast well worth the money ,served hot and plenty of it! We will be going back many more times, home from home!
And we went to this casino and came away a winner!
Winners all around.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Do not stay at this hotel if you are in Room 24. I found out after a sleepless night that the room 24 is actually above the kitchen and with obviously poor soundproofing I was kept up until the early hours. According to the helpful receptionist is room has been complained about before, so you have been warned! Cant fault the cleanliness or the quality of the room but as for the "good night" guarantee, I was not offered my money back so don't trust it its just a marketing gimmick.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel if you are in Room 24, its above the kitchen and very noisy.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Oliver T
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Milton Keynes Central Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.