“Good, but...”

Travelodge Milton Keynes Old Stratford
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We stayed in for just a night at the weekend, did not have great expectations, so was actually surprised when we saw the new refurbished look of the room and how clean everything was. We booked a family room with a king size breed and a pull out bed for or child, there were two of these breeds instead, which happened to be a good thing :-) However, of room seems was right next to some sort of water pump which was going on and of every now and then which accounted for great inconvenience because of its noise. My wife did not have good sleep at all, same as my child.

Room Tip: Justmask for a room away from the stairs and you should be fine.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Milton Keynes Old Stratford

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Heavy banging noise from the floor above as insulation was poor!!! Then in the middle of the night woken by heavy traffic! As room was right beside the motorway!!! Clean room but the bed was hard. POOR

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Lj S
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Ideally located about 10 mins drive from centre of Milton Keynes. Family room was plenty big enough for myself, husband, 17 and 10 year old children, Although close to road, minimum noise through modern double glazed windows. Very clean and great value for money..

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Julie K
Reviewed August 10, 2014

stayed 9th aug; all good nice and clean room, comfy bed .lady and reception was very prompt and efficient , not much nearby but was at a gig in wolverton and only a short taxi trip so it was a fantastic location for that. thanks again

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vocey
Reviewed August 4, 2014

After driving 3 hrs to get here we were stood at reception for well over ten minutes trying to get a staff member to appear. There was a sign saying they were away helping other customers and to ring the bell for assistance. The "bell" consisted of a base unit to a portable phone, which we stood pressing every minute at least. We then pressed it a few times in succession and eventually someone came out!

We very quickly got handed out room key and some brief directions to the room, I then explained how annoyed we were that we had been left waiting for so long. The girl then said we can't have been pressing the button as she has it on her at all times and would have heard it. I was suprised that she didn't apologise and told her to check the CCTV then as we had been there for ages pressing it multiple times. No point arguing as she wasn't exactly going to do anything about it apparently.

Anyhow, the room was okay, better than some Travelodge locations. The bathroom was tiny but functional, with a shower and no bath, that suited us fine. The room was very spacious, so spacious that it looked a little odd. There was a small wardrobe, a long desktop and a small coffee/tea area, also a TV with about 6 channels.

The bed was comfy, although quite firm. The bedding seemed clean, nice plump pillows, reminded me of Premier Inn.

The major issue here is that it is next to a main road. The noise inside the hotel wasn't too bad, but outside it was horrific, even with the windows closed and earplugs in. We were there for the Ford Fair, so there was probably more loud cars in the area at the time, but still, the window are not very sound proof at all for the location. TAKE EARPLUGS! It's your only hope! The carpark is also right next to some windows on the ground floor, so that will be noisy, and we had the bins and the motorway next to us at the back.

Wouldn't stay here again unless I really had no choice! No a great location for the heart of Milton Keynes either, much better hotels about.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2014

7 of my family stayed last night in 4 rooms. very reasonable price and the meal they had in Buddies was given the thumbs up.
However our Grandson was on his way back to London when he realised he didn't have his wallet.
He rang us and we popped round there. He was over the moon to discover it had been handed in by a obviously very honest cleaner. it wasn't just the cah but as a builder he had lots of cards and trade cards etc etc.
Thank you so much Travelodge, you have great staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This hotel has recently been refurbished, so the rooms are very clean and in excellent condition. Our room was very spacious, the bed had 4 lovely fluffy pillows and was really comfortable. There was a shower and a bath (toiletries not provided). Upon entering the hotel I was surprised at how small the reception area is but obviously this doesn't effect your stay, the gentleman on reception wasn't rude or anything like that but he wasn't as warm as I felt he should have been. The hotel is attached to a Buddies USA Diner where the menu is extensive and reasonably priced. For £35 a night on the weekend the FIA World Endurance Championship was at Silverstone I feel bad for having any criticisms but I do and I think it's an important one. There was music coming from outside, i'm not sure if it was coming from Buddies or somewhere else but it went on until late, you could also hear the traffic on the road outside. I was shocked at this because the windows look fairly new but they are not very good at keeping out noise. The internal doors from the stairs bang shut, they are not soft closing and people wandering around the hotel corridors at night had no consideration for those who were sleeping. I was being jolted awake by the bangs from the doors all night. I must point out that the bangs didn't seem to bother my husband though. As I am writing the review I have given it a 3 based on the fact I didn't sleep properly because of the door banging, if this hadn't happened the location, cleanliness and standard of the room would have definitely earned it a 5.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Travelodge Milton Keynes Shenley Church End
Jurys Inn Milton Keynes
Jurys Inn Milton Keynes
#4 of 35 in Milton Keynes

Been to Travelodge Milton Keynes Old Stratford? Share your experiences!