“Great value for the money, friendly and helpful staff”

Novotel Milton Keynes
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
GreenLeadersBronze level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great value for the money, friendly and helpful staff”
Reviewed October 7, 2010

this is a great hotel for a family. Great offers for the weekends, nice and relaxing atmosptere, nice place to go with kids, they could play in the designated area in the lounge. Staff are very eficient, friendly and helpfull. Check in and out it was easy and fast, kids even get a little welcome gift, gym- well equipped and pool and sauna great. We've loved the food, we could order anytime room service and we felt welcomed and looked after. We'll definately go back there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Sthandi10, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, October 12, 2010
Dear Sir/Madam.

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Novotel Milton Keynes. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Sharon Thandi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Orpington
Reviewed October 4, 2010

We stayed in this hotel a few weeks ago when visiting the area. It's quite clean and well worth the £49/£59 advance rates. However, we would have felt extremely ripped off if we'd payed the full asking price, which is in excess of £120 - it really isn't worth that much.

The rooms are spacious and have a good shower, although the shower curtain is one of those annoying 'clingy' ones that sticks to you. The bed was very comfortable, and the curtains did a good job of blocking out the light. There is no air conditioning, so I would presume it gets quite sticky in summer. There is a swimming pool within the main building.

The bar/restaurant is disappointing. Beer is pretty much limited to gassy lagers on draft and whatever they have in bottles with no real ale in sight. It is all extremely expensive, so we only had one and then went out elsewhere - I've been to cheaper pubs in London. Ditto the restaurant. Breakfast is £14/person - again, we went elsewhere.

I would definitely consider this hotel if returning to the area, but would avoid the bar and restaurant, purely on the basis of the unreasonable mark-up on everything.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Sthandi10, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, October 5, 2010
Dear Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Novotel Milton Keynes, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

Dave, the prices in our bar and restaurant are set prices from our Head Office but I can assure you that your comments will be passed on to them.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back Novotel Milton Keynes and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Should you require any further details regarding this message, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Brisbane
Reviewed October 2, 2010

Booking and pre-paying, accepting all the conditions is no guarantee of a room at this establishment. We arrived on 21 Sept 2010 to discover the standard room double bed + covertible sofa 3-night booking paid for online @accorhotels.com on 16 June 2010 was not available until 22 Sept...Novotel Milton Keynes sent us to Ramada Encore in the Milton Keynes city centre where our first night's accommodation was arranged (and cost us an additional GBP8.50 for parking). Second two nights spent at this Novotel were fine. Selected for location, and having to pack and unpack an extra time during this holiday was most inconvenient. I travel with two disabled family members (70 year old spouse and 22 year old Trisomy 21 daughter) and appreciate all the assistance I am given. Finding hotels with triple accommodation is difficult - particularly booking online for adult aged "child". Disappointed hotel couldn't live up to their online "contract" and that no on-site accommodation could be "found" for international guests travelling from Australia.

• Stayed September 2010
Dear Sir/Madam.

We did have indeed a technical failure in some of our rooms on the days you have stayes but I can assure you that your comnments have been shared with all the team here at Novotel Milton keynes.

Yours sincerely

Emsworth
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I loved this place and have booked to come again in October. I hope it as good as I am bringing 3 different family members with me who are all looking forward to this wonderful hotel. The staff could not have been more helpful - they let me book in early and then, when I left a load of stuff behind they offered to send it to me or keep it until I came back. The swimming pool was great and I can thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Dear Sir/Madam.

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services..

Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Hotel was recommended by a family member, i travelled almost over 2 hours to arrive at the hotel and have everything that was promised not to be available!

Called a few times prior to our stay to ensure that we were celebrating a special Anniversary together and to arrange something special, i was promised this would be done. To my surprise my partner had arranged for the same without me knowing. We both arrive to a room with absolutely NOTHING! (When we were promised).

We arranged for breakfast in bed the next morning- which never arrived- we then called to see where our paid for breakfast was, to hear '' they had not recieved our requested order'' we had to wait a further 45 minutes plus to finaly have our breakfast at lunch time- it arrived cold, burned!! something i would'nt even feed to a dog!!

Wrote a letter of complaint about all of the above to the hotel manager, and did we get a reply? NO!!

This hotel ruined our anniversary, and im more upset than anything else as they were aware that we were celebrating a special occasion!

Not impressed!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank balvirkaur
Dear Sir/Madam,

I can assure you that your feedback has been shared with all the team here at Novotel Milton Keynes and that re-training has immediately been organised to ensure this isolated incident does not occur again.

Should you need any further details regarding this message, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards,

scotland
Reviewed September 21, 2010

A very noisy group decided to party ALL NIGHT in the room next to mine.There was no-one on reception to deal with them,and when asked to be quiet they simply moved to the next room along-still noisy even there.Neither myself nor my colleagues who had a room on the same corridor slept at all.I was told that the party would not be leaving the next day,so I cancelled the next night's stay and went somewhere where I could sleep.Staff seemed unconcerned,but I certainly won't be going back because they were not even trying to deal with the situation.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank scottie0060
Dear Scottie,

I can assure you that your comments regarding the noise during your stay have been shared with all the team here at Novotel Milton Keynes and the procedures have been reviewed with all the staff to ensure these incidents do not happen again.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2010

We stay here a lot throughout the year to see relatives nearby. The hotel is well positioned only a few minutes drive or cab journey to the City Centre. It's a 3 star type hotel but benefits from having a pool steam room & sauna, modern contemporary surroundings & decor and a good restaurant serving good food. The buffet style breakfast is also very good. We have had many a stay at around the £59 mark inc breakfast which beats most other offers where breakfast can be an additional charge. Staff are friendly & helpful.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Sthandi10, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, September 21, 2010
Dear Steve & Suzie,

Thank you for your comments which you posted on Trip advisor on 20th September 2010. It is always a pleasure to gain good feedback regarding the Novotel here in Milton Keynes. I have today shared your comments with the team here at the hotel and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Kind regards