“Really enjoyable stay with great staff that go the extra mile”

Novotel Milton Keynes
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Me and my Wife stayed at this hotel as we were planning to visit London for a day trip. We decided it would be best to stay here and make our way to London using the Train service from Milton Keynes to London Euston. I only booked this hotel using their own website on Thursday last week. I paid £118 for 2 nights B&B. We arrived on Friday 6th August in the middle of the afternoon. I had asked for a room on the second floor which they obliged by given us room 245. The room was clean and tidy and there were plenty of clean towels. We made good use of the Swimming Pool and leisure facilities (Gym, Sauna & Steam room). These facilities were included in the room rate and were very good. Novotel Milton Keynes also has a very special "Ace Card" - on Sunday they serve breakfast until 12 noon and also offer 5pm Checkout on Sundays at no extra cost. This is what I call listening to your customers wishes and making it happen!. The breakfast each morning was first class. I have stayed in lots of hotels and this breakfast was the best - the choice and variety was really great. I must make a special mention to a particular Indian Gentleman who was helping to serve on Sunday morning. I did not get his name - only that he was young and not particularly tall - wearing a pink shirt. His level of service was outstanding and he is a credit to they company. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and we will certainly be staying again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Sthandi10, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2010

I would like to thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience of the Novotel Milton Keynes on Trip Advisor. It is always great to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay and are looking forward in returning back to the hotel. I have today shared your comments with the team at the hotel and in particular to Sundar (who was on shift that morning in breakfast), and i look forward to welcoming you back personally upon your return visit.

Reviewed July 22, 2010

we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, the staff members are really helpful,

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Sthandi10, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2010

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your positive feedback regarding the Novotel. Your comments have been shared with my team and we look forward in welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed July 20, 2010

Hotel Clean and well presented
Great Food at dinner and Breakfast the following morning was 5*
Welcoming Bar
Staff are the number 1selling point of this hotel, FAB!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Sthandi10, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2010

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Novotel Milton Keynes. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Please feel free to post your comments on www.tripadvisor.com to tell others about your stay with us.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed July 18, 2010

great bedrooms fab rooms for familys,staff could not do enough to make you feel welcome .free carpark,short walk from town center

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the positive feedback you posted on trip advisor. I have shared your comments with all the team here at the hotel, and we look forward in welcoming you back to the Novotel.

Reviewed July 18, 2010

I stayed at the Novotel while I was in Milton Keynes for a business meeting so really didnt expect too much. When I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The entrance to the hotel really makes you feel like you've arrived!
The reception staff were really friendly and helpful and check in went quite swiftly. They were expecting me, had taken into account my request for a quiet room.
Dinner was good. The staff were friendly, informed me of the specials and once my order was taken left me to read my book in peace - not like other places where they are always asking stupid questions.
The bed was lovely and firm - just right for my back - allowing me to get a wonderful nights sleep.

Overall a great stay and will happily come back again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed July 6, 2010

I stay quite frequently in milton keynes and picked the novotel this time due to the fact that it had leisure facilities. I was extremely disappointed with my room as it needed a serious overhall. It was scruffy, the strip lights flickered on and off...very annoying and the bed needed throwing away. The room needed modernising, things like a flat screen tv with good reception would have made a big difference.
My main problem was with the room service which i had on the first night. It had obviously come straight from the freezer to my plate and tasted like it had been there a while. Little touches like not serving the sauce in cheap sachets would have also been better...or bringing cutlery up with the meal?!
My advice is, if your staing in milton keynes...stay at the Hilton!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank live0ut0fsuitcase
Sthandi10, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2010

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent booking at Novotel Milton Keynes.

I have had now the opportunity to share your comments with my housekeeping and F&B departments and re-training has been carried out immediately to ensure that all your concerns have been adressed.

This is certainly not a true reflection of the high quality upon which we pride ourselves at Novotel and I can assure you that I have implement retraining measures this morning with the management teams at the hotel. I am available if you wish to discuss this matter further.

Once again, may I thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to my attention, as we do value our guest’s feedback in an effort to improve the quality of our services. I trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Novotel in the future.

Should you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed June 1, 2010

We always stay here when in MK, which is a couple of times a year.
For £50 per night per room we had a large quiet room, a clean functional bathroom, an excellent breakfast, use of the (small) gym and the pool. My only complaint would be that the bed is a king not superking. Apart from a pub, there's not much nearby but the city centre is only a 5 mins drive.
There was a (wedding?) party in the function room but our room was far enough away from it that we could not hear it.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Sthandi10, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2010

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at the hotel on 1st June whilst visiting Milton Keynes. It is good to hear that you visit the hotel regularly and are overall pleased with the rooms, leisure facilities and the Elements buffet breakfast. I have passed on your comments to our head office with regards to the size of our beds as currently all of our beds are of king size. I will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and hopefully meet you at the hotel.

Kind regards