“terrible!”

Novotel Milton Keynes
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Do not book this hotel. It is dirty, smelly, uncomfortable,
It is not like other Novotels.
Our toilet was very smelly, bathroon is dirty, carpet had marks and dirt on,..3 nights hell!Requested uppor rooms but put into ground floor.. No wifi can be connected in the room.
Poor service with alarm calls, over all. Avoided breaffast and pool after seen the room standart of cleaness. Will not stay again..

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bircan h
Scox456, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and I am disapointed that your stay did not go well. I know that your stay is not representative of the usual level of service we provide, and if you find the time I would like to hear, more so I can address any issues where needed.
My email address is h3272-gm@accor.com.

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

The room we had was comfortable but the smell of the drains was not good. Also the house keeping staff walked into our room and gave us extra pillows, which we didn't request. Children were running up and down the corridors at 7:30am. Will be complaining to hotel management.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Scox456, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback and of course I am sorry. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss. My email address is h3272-gm@accor.com.

hotel Manager

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We spent 3 nights here, my partner on a course but I stayed at the hotel and it was lovely, the swimming pool was great unless there were baby classes on and the young parents could be a little jelouse and unfriendly, but the staff were always caring, kind and knew that I wa on my own during the day and saw to my needs and constantly asked if I was enjoying my stay. We did not have to pay for the meals thanks goodness as breakfast was £16 which I feel is extortionate and the main meals are £20 + and are made to highest restaurant standards ie: a small portion of everything, chips came in a lovely little basket on your plate that contained 6-8 and a measly lettuce leaf and a slice of tomato and the smallest piece of chicken I have ever seen, alsways hungry. If you can afford this then it is a real treat. Lovely rooms and accomodation and so comfortable the best nights sleep ever as good memory foam mattresses no expense spared.

Room Tip: I don't think you could choose a wrong room they are all fantastic with highest refurbishment an...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Scox456, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for leaving your feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the team here were attentive to your needs. I will certainly pass your feedback regarding the food portions to our kitchen team.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back to Novotel Milton Keynes in the future.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend with my family and friends the hotel is well appointed for all locations in the area.The staff are friendly,helpfully and welcoming. The rooms are basic but very clean as is all areas of the hotel. There is a small pool with steam and sauna along with a very small gym. Breakfast is excellent including little extras such as yoghurt drinks which the kids particularly enjoyed. The only let down on this hotel is the price of the drinks over six pounds for small glass of house wine is extortionate along with around £2-50 for a Capri Sun for the kids. I would reccomend staying at this hotel but I would keep away from the bar.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Bodie1974
Scox456, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and I will certainly give your feedback to the Food & Beverage Manager regarding our prices at the bar. In comparison to other hotel bar prices we are very competitive but when compared to pubs and clubs I know we are at the higher end of the scale.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I loved the staff at this hotel (especially the bartender and restaurant staff). Everyone super friendly!! I loved the hotel itself, the sofa bed was ready for my daughter when we arrived. My one issue with them is that I read it was centrally located for shopping and I found that to NOT be the case. My daughter and I had a day alone while my husband went to Millsbrook proving grounds and by the description I thought we could walk to shopping and we actually had to take a cab. We could have walked it (shopping about a mile and 1/2 away but there were no sidewalks). We were however located across the street from gas station. So we could get junk food/soft drinks there.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Scox456, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your kind words, and I am truly glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Fantastic room, service, clean hotel, lovely swimming pool for children. main evening meals In restaurant small and over priced. child friendly hotel, would recommend and stay again. Great value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Scox456, Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Guest

I am truly glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back to Novotel Milton Keynes in the future.