“excellent hotel, good location for business in MK”

Novotel Milton Keynes
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wakefield, West Yorks
“excellent hotel, good location for business in MK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed one night on business, had been here for daytime conferences perviously but hadn't stayed over.

I arrived fairly late by train, quick check-in, room nice and big (and dark for some good sleep), room service ordered and good quality, up early for a meeting nearby.

Faultless service, great facilities and location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Slagier11, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Novotel Milton Keynes. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
Thanks again and kind regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Malaga, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

The experience in genral well. good rooms and views, but many points you improve, the first of which is that there are too few staff so the service is slow and bad (they did not change the towels two of the four nights we stayed, and soaps bathroom, one day I asked them to wake me up and they did not so I lost the tour bus and had to take a taxi for a cost of 100 pounds, for the night if you ordered something I had to go down to pick they had no staff to bring it to the room) The quality of the bed and bedding is high and very comfortable, there is always coffee, tea and biscuits in bed, have a safe, showers are good, but the WC is separate from the bathroom and no sink so if the bathroom is occupied you have a problem, another problem is that being non-resident of UK, I had to make several phone calls from the hotel, first called reception to inquire rates call both locally and internationally and they said they did not know that I should make the calls and when I checked out, they would tell me what it took to make the calls, then got to talk personally with the receptionist and told me that from that phone had could not make outgoing calls, but I tried and I could make calls, for a call about 3 seconds to charge me £ 2.50, exorbitant price, during my stay I made 4 or 5 calls less than 1 minute duration each and they charged me 21 pounds, a real steal. The location of the hotel is located 5 minutes from the center of Milton Keynes (£ 3 taxi ride), 40 minutes from Luton Airport and 1 hour from central London. It has a pool, steam and sauna very well maintained and clean although the sauna was not working, have only a free internet computer in the living room of the hotel, they could put some more, and an XBOX 360 for children also in the living room near the front desk, the hotel is small and cozy. The hotel was really busy during our stay, we stayed in two rooms, the only thing I liked was the confusion of the employees about the calls and how expensive these were, for that if I knew the rates at any time I was informed had made calls from my phone with a sim bought in the mall.

Room Tip: 224 and 228 good rooms, ok view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Slagier11, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
I really appreciate your positive and constructive feedback.
I will share all the details with my hotel team to review point by point your critics, to take actions if required. This hotel is running a 24hrs room service and I am very surprised to read that no staff were available to provide this. My apologies for this and contact me directly if you wish to give me more details about it.

Regarding the towels, I will review this with my Head Housekeeper. It is possible that how you displayed the towels after usage have been misinterpreted, as we invite our guests to help us in looking after the environment by re-using their towels.

Also, I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied by the hotel rates for phone calls. We display the rates in our room directory to avoid any misunderstanding. I will still check with our front team to reinforce the knowledge of it.

Thank you very much for staying with us and I hope you still had a good time with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon at the Novotel Milton Keynes.

Essex, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

This is my 2nd stay at this hotel as its only 30 mins from Silverstone for motor racing! I stayed here last year for the F1! I stayed here with my son on 13 April to go to the Endurance Racing. We had an Executive room on the 2nd floor. There were no problems with the room and our room rate incl continental breakfast which you picked from the menu. Breakfast was nice and very sufficient before a hard day watching racing! We will be staying here again in June for 4 days for F1!

• Stayed April 2013
Slagier11, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your visit and for coming back.
It is very nice to read your feedback and I am glad you have again enjoyed your stay at the Novotel Milton Keynes.
I look forward to welcoming back for the F1 event.

BLACKBURN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We (2 adults and a 11 year old) stayed in a standard family room for a weekend in the middle of April , for which we paid around £140 for B & B which i thought was a bargain price , the check in was speedy and efficient , the room which was on the ground floor was big enough , i thought the choice of TV channels was poor , there were some satelite channels but basic free view channels were missing the bathroom was fine and the overall cleanliness of the room was good. There were some maintenance work being carried out in some of the nearby rooms but it really didn't have an effect on our stay

We used the fitness suite which had everything you need , treadmill , rowing machine , cross-trainer , exercise bikes and free weights , the sauna and steam rooms were brill , the pool maybe on the small side but was more or less empty when we used it so no great issue there , although i could imagine if 10 or more people were in it would have seemed crowded , the changing rooms are far too small though

The breakfast is served to 12pm at weekends and i thought the choice and quality was very good , i think somebody should perhaps be keeping a closer eye on the hot breakfast 1st day had to wait for beans and bacon , 2nd day had to wait for hash browns and sausages , didn't have any other meals or drinks from the bar

The location of the hotel is very good if looking to go shopping as the centre of Milton Keynes is little more than a 5 minute drive away

Overall we had a very good stay at this hotel , its a great value for money hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Slagier11, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for posting your review. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I took notes about the breakfast buffet and I will certainly follow up with my Head Chef.
We do have processes in place to avoid shortages on our buffet and we will reinforce them with immediate effect.
Thank you again for choosing us and I hope we will be part of your next visit.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night in March. We were having a day out for his birthday and this was the closest Novotel in the area to save driving home.

We had upgraded to a privileged room which came with the usual nespresso machine. Lovely! Shame about the lack of flavours for the pods, but a minor complaint! It was a good sized, clean room and as we asked for a quiet room we were at the end of the corridor. On arrival we were told there was a party going on in the hotel but luckily as we were so far away we didn't hear anything. The noise nearer the front of the hotel was rather loud though so it's probably best to check if they have any functions on if you want a good nights sleep!

The worst thing about this hotel was the awful breakfast. Undercooked sausages being the biggest worry. Having stayed in a few novotels/mecure hotels around the country the standard here fell far below what we have come to expect. We are not really breakfast people but as it's usually so good at novotel we like to book a rate including breakfast. Very disappointing.

Also, the room service options in the evening are terrible. After a long day out and a bit of a mix up we returned to the hotel at 11pm very hungry. Our only choice of food was 2 cold sandwiches which was nice enough, but you really would expect more. Not a very good birthday meal for my boyfriend!

Overall, it was a handy stopover but definitely not what you would expect from a novotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the corridor as it seemed much quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Slagier11, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for staying with us at the Novotel Milton Keynes.
Reading through your experience, I will certainly review our breakfast offer. We tend to have good feedback but I will personally speak to the Chef to understand our failure on that occasion.
And I completely agree that ordering sandwiches so late in the evening is not a perfect birthday meal. But you could have ordered any hot meal from the menu before 11pm from the bar area.
Again I really appreciate your comment posted in this website and I thank you for trusting the Novtel Brand.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

What a great value for money hotel. The staff made our visit pleasant & enjoyable. Not only were they attentive with our requests, they were all friendly, cheery & helpful. They couldn't do enough for us.

The hotel has a swimming pool & sauna & steam room which adds to the experience.

We stayed as we were visiting Gullivars land with our children & it was great. The location was excellent too, 5 mins drive to both the shops & Gullivars land.

Breakfast was excellent with a wide choice of food and plenty of it.

Would definitely recommend this hotel. Only downside I can think of is the prices of the food & drink.

• Stayed April 2013
Slagier11, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest, I am very happy to read your very positive experience at the Novotel Milton Keynes.
Thank you very much for staying with us and see you soon!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Good size room for family of four. Cot and sofabed for my two sons. It is particular good value if you book early. Beds are very good.
Con- we expected free wi-fi but found it is a pay service. As most of the hotel bathroom, the ventilation is not good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest, I am very pleased to read your great comment. Many thanks for sharing your feedback.
Regarding the ventilation, I will follow up with my Maintenance Manager to review this, making sure we have no issues throughout the hotel.
Thank you again and I hope to welcome you back very soon at the Novotel Milton Keynes.