“Good value for money but room a bit dated”

Novotel Milton Keynes
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We usually love Novotel but this time we were a bit disappointed.
The bedroom and the bathroom are dated compared to other Novotel where we have been. Hopefully the bed was comfortable. Corridors and stairs were cold.
The staff at the reception is efficient and helpful. Some waitresses from the restaurant seems to be unprofessional (cutlery missing, do not provide the ordered dessert...).
However the food was good and the breakfast was delicious with a vast choice.
Large car park and hotel very quiet.

Room Tip: Don't do like us : don't forget our swimsuit
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Slagier11, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting your comment about your recent experience.
I am very disappointed that you did not fully enjoy your stay at the Novotel Milton Keynes.
I will review your feedback with our head office and with our F&B department to bring immediate improvements.
I hope to welcome you back soon and hopefully you will be able to use our pool.
Thank you again for your loyalty towards our brand.

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for one night on the way back from north England, really nice clean hotel, was very busy on a Saturday night didn't stay for breakfast,
They bathroom looked a bit dated but ok, hotel is ok overall had good night sleep a good value for money

• Stayed: March 2013
Slagier11, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Guest, Many thanks for posting your comment and for visiting us at the Novotel Milton Keynes. I am glad that we were meeting your expectations and I hope we will be part of your future plans.
See you soon and very best regards.
Sylvain Lagier, Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel is okay, although could do with a little updating. We stayed in an executive room, so we had iPod dock, coffee machine and bath robes. The dock was great (Bose), the Nespresso coffee machine had 3 pod supplied and the bath robes were clean but had the texture of sandpaper.

Won't pay the extra next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Slagier11, General Manager at Novotel Milton Keynes, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Guest, thank you very much for sharing your experience which I can read was not what you we were expecting. Please do accept my apologies. The upgrade to an Executive room includes a list of added values which make it special: free internet, Bose system, bathrobes, slippers, bathroom amenities, late checkout till 4pm, Nespresso machine, mineral water on arrival, free local calls. I hope that we will still get another opportunity to welcome you back at the Novotel in the near future. Kind regards, Sylvain Lagier, Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was disappointed with my recent stay here. I had never been to million Keynes before so booked an evening away. Paid £55 for a Saturday night, room only rate. Not a bad price but the pictures on the website are very very misleading. The rooms need a huge overhaul. The toilet is separate to the bathroom and both the ceiling and walls are covered in artex. This is not portrayed in any images on the website. The bed was hard and creaking, the carpet had brown stains on it. The bathroom plug wasn't a tight fit so the bath emptied as it filled and the room was just very tired overall. There was no point making reception aware of this as I had already heard a guest complaining but there was nothing that could be done as the hotel was full.

I'm sure I read somewhere that it's in walking distance of the centre, well it's not. The receptionist nearly laughed at me when I asked how to walk to town, she said its very difficult and is at least half an hour. She pointed out on a map that you'd have to walk round the houses because the roads that lead directly into town don't have any paths. A little tip though, get a cab. Book it and its £3 from the hotel to the centre, expect to pay £6 if you jump in a hackney carriage.

I didn't eat at the hotel so cannot comment on that aspect.

Overall I feel really let down by the Novotel brand, certainly not the fashionable slightly more up market chain I thought they were!

I should have stayed at Encore by Ramada or Jury's Inn and paid for the parking instead of free parking at the Novotel and paying for taxis!

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for staying at the Novotel Milton Keynes.
I am sad to read that your expectations were not met. We do not intend to lie with our pictures on our website and they are the true reflection of our hotel.
The city center is few minutes driving distance. If you found "walking" word somewhere, I would be very pleased to take immediate action to rectify it.
We are a good location with indeed free parking and full hotel facilities. Taxis only cost around £3.60.
Thank you again for choosing us and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed with 2 children who both stayed and ate huge breakfasts for free with the room rate. Very clean pool, good range of gym equipment for a small hotel. Great location, only 5 minute drive from xscape, about 15 minutes to Bletchley Park. Asked for and got a very quiet room. Only downside was that room was boiling hot in spite of thermostat turned right down, but that is very common in other hotels too. Good breakfast and staff all friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor away from reception are quietest
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your feedback. It is very nice to read that you and your children enjoyed the stay at the Novotel Milton Keynes. I will check the room temperature with my Maintenance Manager as well, to identify the reason of the matter. Many thanks again for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Novotel is a great hotel when compared to what is on offer in Milton Keynes.

If you are not bothered about going into Central Milton Keynes or just want a night out there then it is ideal as it is out of the centre a wee bit but taxis are cheap.

Rooms are very good and the upgrade when you arrive is also good.

Breakfast and food is also good and the health club again good.

If you don't want to drive a bit further then this is one of the best in Milton Keynes but price wise you can get stately home type deals nearby for only a little more.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest, I thank you very much for posting your comment and for choosing the Novotel. I understand that you have the choice within Milton Keynes region in terms of accomodation and again thank you for visiting us. I hope we will be part of your journey in the near future. With Kind regards, Sylvain Lagier, Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The rooms are always cold, I visit 1 night a week in business, disappointed to find ants in the bathroom and a noxious smell in the separate loo. This was my favourite Milton Keynes hotel - I am giving them another chance, so we'll see.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing the Novotel Milton Keynes. I really appreciate your feedback and be sure that I already spoke to my Maintenance Manager who ensured me that our heating system is definitely working. Should you meet any issues with this please do not hesitate to contact a member of my team to assist you. I am greatful that you are trying us again and If you wish to contact me directly please email me on h3272-gm@accor.com