The hotel - and especially the rooms - could be described as 'charmingly English', or as 'somewhat outdated, needing a lick of paint' - depending on your preferences.
Staff was very friendly and helpful, but they could do with more staff at breakfast: the breakfast staff was working their a** off, but still I had to wait for over half an hour for my (good) breakfast.
The rooms could do with an upgrade. Especially with respect to isolation. I woke up each day when the person in the room opposite mine left his room at 6.30 (he was trying to be quiet), and I could follow the night time activities of the couple in the room next to mine in more detail than I wanted.
Since the rooms are beyond walking distance from the city centre - and public transport in MK is appalling - I was hoping for more 'entertainment' in the rooms. The telly only had 4 channels (even Five wasn't on it), and the wifi (expensive!) had too weak a signal in my room.
To finish off, some plusses: bed was comfy, room and bathroom were clean, staff friendly, breakfast of good quality, and the surrounding Ouzel valley park is stunning. Prices are acceptable.
Great hotel for a quiet, romantic weekend. Less suitable for business trips - although being at walking distance from the Open University is a major plus, if that's where you need to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel, an indulging experience in a tranquil setting unique to Milton Keynes. Woughton House (formerly the Mercure Parkside House) has joined the MGallery hotel portfolio which is a collection of boutique hotels offering bespoke design and a rich heritage. Woughton House offers 50 beautifully appointed bedrooms from delightful small double rooms to classic superior rooms and beautifully appointed privilege rooms to the stunningly designed junior suites. The award winning Seasons Restaurant classic British dishes a modern twist with much of the ingredients sourced from the local area. Afternoon tea is served daily between 12noon and 4pm with the scones, cakes and sweet treats all homebaked and created by the team of talented chefs. Set in acres of gardens and overlooking the pastures of the Ouzel Valley Park, Woughton House is a modern country house hotel just minutes from central Milton Keynes. The hotel offers free wifi and free car parking to all visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel (was Mercure Parkside House) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Parkside Milton Keynes Hotel Milton Keynes
- Mercure Milton Keynes
- Accor Milton Keynes
- Woughton House - MGallery By Sofitel (Was Mercure Parkside House) Milton Keynes, United Kingdom