Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel (was Mercure Parkside House)
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Fantastic wedding venue”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

My now husband and I had our wedding ceremony here on Sunday 6th July 2014 and Nicola who we dealt with from booking the venue to helping on the actual day was great.
All members of staff we dealt with in between times were bright friendly and efficient.
They helped make our Wedding an incredible day and the location and look of the hotel and the way the grounds are kept is excellent. There is plenty of parking (we had 50-60 guest's and that only took up half of one carpark.
Overall a very pleasant experience and we would definitely recommend them to friends ans family. In fact a friend of mines son has chosen to use the venue on the same date next year for his wedding, partly due to seeing how it was set up for us :-)

• Stayed July 2014
Nicholas B, General Manager at Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel (was Mercure Parkside House), responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Congratulations! And thank you so much for your kind review!

I'm delighted that everything went well for your special day and I'm sure that we'll deliver the same standard to your friend at his wedding next year!

We hope to welcome you all back soon!

Nicholas Bees

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed overnight for a friends wedding. Our room was a little shabby, especially the bathroom. Finding hairs in the drawers was particularly unpleasant. Room service delivered an overcooked pizza and an awful onion gravy which ruined a tasty sausage and mash. Breakfast in the morning arrived late and cold. A raw sausage is never a good sight on a plate. Most disappointing was the attitude of reception staff when we told them of our experiences. He just nodded and gave us the bill. He didn't even acknowledge the fact that the Earth Bonding was not attached properly in the bathroom I would have thought this to be particularly dangerous. A real shame as this hotel has bags of potential to be something quite special.

1 Thank Adrian S
Thank you so much for reviewing the hotel. I'm really disspointed to read of the issues that you faced during your stay. I am currently investigating your comments with the team as I find them unacceptable, and as you can see from our other comments, out of character for the hotel!

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel where I'd be happy to discuss your comments.

In the meantime, kind regards

Reviewed July 13, 2014

On check it we were seen (not greeted or welcomed) by a very rude male in the check in desk. Not the greatest of starts! However on entering the room, we were pleasantly surprised. We stayed in room 30 and had a lovely view of the garden. We only stayed 1 night as we were there to see Pearl Jam at the Mk bowl. The location is perfect for that. The decor was lovely, bar garden well equipped and lovely to sit in soaking up the sunshine.

Sadly, check out was very much the same as check in, slow, long and not at all professional.
We were not asked how our stay had been, not wished.a good day and not even thanked for our customer. In the hotel industry, this is unacceptable. Mecure, I suggest some customer service training for all staff is in order!

1 Thank Davison74
Thank you for your review. I'm delighted to see that, on the whole, you enjoyed the hotel however I was really dissappointed to read your comments regarding the welcome and departure. I shall certainly investigate this as our Front Office Team our the first and last impression of the hotel and generally receive very positive comments from our guests.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future, in spite of the issues, and I hope that you enjoyed the concert at the Bowl!

portsmouth
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night as part of a wedding party. We were in the coach house rather than the main buildings, only issue was benign ground floor we couldn't leave the window open and didn't want to waste electricity leaving the air conditioning on while we weren't in the room. The reception was lovely and staff who brought round food and drinks were pleasant. Breakfast in the morning was by far the best part of the stay, massive choice, all fresh brought out at regular intervals. Room was clean but seemed slightly over the top - if cushions for the bed are your thing then I thoroughly recommend it, but definitely seemed to be aimed at the older end of the market than we are used to! Otherwise a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2014
Thanks for your review - I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I also really appreciate the fact that you didn't leave your Air Conditioning running in your bedroom, although with the heat lately you'd be forgiven! Next time we'd be happy to put you on a higher floor if you wanted to leave your windows open.

I hope to welcome you back soon!

Stoke-On-Trent
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I have been using this hotel for about 4 years now usually for about 8 nights a month but considerably less than that recently as business has taken me elsewhere. Using other hotels has demonstrated just what a high standard of operating this hotel delivers compared to others. Highly recommended. Super food too!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Peterroyturner
Thank you so much for your considered review. It somehow means more from a) regular guest to the hotel and b) a regular traveller - and we really appreciate it!

I hope that your travels don't take you too far from us and that we get to welcome you back to the hotel very soon!!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before, but last night was a very different experience? A very bad one! three of our cars were stolen from the car park, two BMW's and one Hyundai. All new cars. I had a group of 14 staying over for business, we all went for dinner at 8.10 pm when all this has happened. The thieves have gone in our rooms took the car keys and went off with our three cars, few people had credit cards missing also other valuables, The hotel staff were very unhelpful and and had offered no apologies, also they over charged our bills with drinks that we had never bought. Do not ever stay here, and if you have to then always keep your car keys and other valuable with you at all times.

Room Tip: Please do not leave your car keys or other valuable in the room whilst you're have dinner or dri...
Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank 123BSH
I'm really sorry that you felt that the team were unhelpful in the aftermath of this most unfortunate incident, which is still under investigation by the Police. I know that my colleague Rob was here all night with you, your colleagues and the Police trying to help wherever possible and certainly I, and a few of my colleagues came in that night to assist as well. This has never happened to us before and so was a new experience however I can assure you that we have taken several steps to ensure that this isn't repeated in the future and I have been dealing closely with the Police and Insurance companies in the following weeks and doing everything that I can to aid in their investigations.

If there's anything further that I can help you, or your colleagues with, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2014

It has taken me a while to get round to writing this review, but just wanted to say what an amazing team you have at Mercure Parkside, in particular Nicola West.
We got married on 1st of Feb and we had an fantastic day, all the staff were wonderful and couldn't do enough for us!
The location is great although you are in the centre of Milton Keynes, you get that lovely country village feel, the décor is contemporary and suited us down to the ground. The bar area was great as it gave guests somewhere to escape the music and have a quiet drink in the evening.
The food was amazing and exactly what we wanted and very generous portions.
All our guests commented on what a great day it was and a big part of that was down to the staff at Mercure!
I can't recommend this hotel enough!

Thank you all so much for the best day of our lives!!

Mr and Mrs Teckoe

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for your wonderful review and for taking the time to write it! We really appreciate it. I'm delighted that the day went well and I shall certainly make sure that the team see your comments.

Congratulations to you both and Happy 6 Month Anniversary in August!