“Amazing wedding venue”

Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We celebrated our wedding at this wonderful hotel. The staff, food, setting, and service was truly wonderful. We cannot praise enough for making our day so special
All our guest have given us lovely comments about the venue nothing was to much trouble for Nicola and her team
Shall be returning in the future for any celebrations we may have !

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
MariusParkside, Guest Relations Manager at Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments posted previously. I am very sorry that no one has responded to you and thought that I would take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to post a review and that your comments are very valuable to us, please don't hesitate to contact us on H6627@Accor.com to give us further feedback regarding your stay.

Since you previous stay the hotel has changed ownership and has undergone a complete refurbishment and now stands as one of the top 4 star properties in Milton Keynes. We do hope that you will visit us again on your next visit to Milton Keynes to experience the refurbished property,

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I enjoyed the afternoon tea experience with a group of friends and on arrival we were amazed at the choice of teas available to pick presented in a presentation box. When the teas arrived they did so in individual teapots with accompanying timers to ensure the tea was brewed for the correct amount of time. The subsequent feast that arrived consisted of yummy sandwiches and scrummy cakes. The variety of sandwich fillings and cakes available were plentiful, so much so that we almost didn't have room for the warmed scones!
Overall it was a lovely afternoon and we were looked after by our waiter brilliantly and efficiently.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Woughton, Manager at Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Milton Keynes Parkside. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a lovely afternoon tea it was a present from my daughter for Mother's Day would go again staff lovely and helpful and very polite nothing was too much trouble cakes and sandwiches were very nice and the best bit was the champagne really nice

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank beeshamill

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Second time staying down in Milton Keynes in as many weeks for work and chose this hotel as my second choice as my first choice hotel from my previous visit was not available. I have to admit my colleague and I were pleasantly surprised on our arrival. You seem to go from roundabout to roundabout as is the norm in this area to a hotel that gives you the feeling you are in the middle of the countryside even though you aren't. Checking in was smooth and quick and we were dealt with by a friendly and informative member of staff. I was allocated room 33 a double room with a side garden view. The room had a small seating area, a desk/writing area and small flat screen TV. There was a complimentary tea/coffee making facilities which included a delicious flapjack and sachet of hot chocolate. There was a small fridge/mini bar (although empty) and also an iron and ironing board located inside a large wardrobe. The bathroom was a good size in tasteful decoration and I had ample hot water/pressure throughout my stay. My colleague stayed in room 28 which was a mirror image of mine but had twin beds instead. We didn't eat our evening meal at the hotel (see separate review) as we just liked the look of the pub situated around the corner. We did have a couple of drinks in the comfortable bar area before we went out and again the staff were genuinely friendly. Outside the bar are some lovely benches/umbrellas which would be nice to have a drink outside but it was far too cold during our visit. We both had a very comfortable nights sleep, I guess due to the quiet location despite it being around the corner from a housing estate (a nice one but you wouldn't know it was there). We both had cooked breakfast in the morning which was very good although its cooked to order which means you can't keep going back like you would in a buffet style for more. That said there was an abundance of toast brought to us and a good continental selection of cold meats, cereal,yoghurt,fresh fruit and pastries if you want more.
All in all a very good hotel if you want a nice quiet night whilst staying in Milton Keynes and you want to switch off from work. We paid £65 for bed and breakfast and this included free wi-fi. The only thing that would make this better is some sort of fitness centre or swimming pool. I went for a run and there are some good open green spaces for you to go should you wish.

Room Tip: Room 33 was right at the end in the corner so very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Strangely but quaintly situated in the "countryside bit" of a housing estate,surrounded by lovely landscape & close to a popular pub. An efficient and delightful young Spanish receptionist ,fortunate to be allocated a "prestige room" which was cozy but perfect for one ,might have been a little tight for 2.
Fabulous to have a nespresso coffee machine ,a touch of class and very appreciated as a fussy caffeine junky.Small minibar which they will stock on request.Room clean and fresh.Wi Fi available in the lounge area.
Parts of the hotel do look a little worn but still charming ,I am told by colleagues that some rooms are nicer and quieter than others. I had no problems with water pressure but colleagues did , there is plenty of hot water.
Food in the restaurant is generous and good, the lady in charge of the restaurant was very charming and professional.
F&B manager really needs to expand his wine list a little and ensure that he keeps his stock levels adequate as unacceptable when you have such a limited list to run out of wines!
Breakfast really good and cooked to order, fire needs to be lit earlier in the evenings in cold weather as adds to ambience.
Overall would be happy to stay there again as was made very welcome.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Susan C

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Just spent a wonderful time having afternoon tea. Fabulous sandwiches, cakes and scones with a glass of champagne and choice of teas which come in individual artisan tea pots. The waitress was attentive without being over powering. There's no mention on the website that the hotel serve afternoon tea, only picked up on this because of another trip advisor review. Really impressed and will definitely do it again.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Tripadvice55
Woughton, General Manager at Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Milton Keynes Parkside, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Milton Keynes Parkside and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel for one night whilst on business in Milton Keynes. The hotel is tucked away in a lovely quiet location with more than adequate parking faclities. The staff in all areas of the hotel are very polite and friendly, nothing is too much trouble for them and they all go about their work with smiles on their faces. My room was in the main house, warm comfortable, spacious and very quiet - no noise from outside or late night people slamming doors, Bliss!!!! The food was excellent both at dinner and in the morning, i was actually served a l lovely hot breakfast, tea with extra water and toast all made for you with a choice of cold buffet to start.

The hotel looks a little dated in places but is excellent value for money and one of the most friendly places I have actually stayed in. I will definately book again - I had a lovely comfortable nights sleep, excellent food and a home from home experience with their friendly staff. Thank you

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com