Strangely but quaintly situated in the "countryside bit" of a housing estate,surrounded by lovely landscape & close to a popular pub. An efficient and delightful young Spanish receptionist ,fortunate to be allocated a "prestige room" which was cozy but perfect for one ,might have been a little tight for 2.
Fabulous to have a nespresso coffee machine ,a touch of class and very appreciated as a fussy caffeine junky.Small minibar which they will stock on request.Room clean and fresh.Wi Fi available in the lounge area.
Parts of the hotel do look a little worn but still charming ,I am told by colleagues that some rooms are nicer and quieter than others. I had no problems with water pressure but colleagues did , there is plenty of hot water.
Food in the restaurant is generous and good, the lady in charge of the restaurant was very charming and professional.
F&B manager really needs to expand his wine list a little and ensure that he keeps his stock levels adequate as unacceptable when you have such a limited list to run out of wines!
Breakfast really good and cooked to order, fire needs to be lit earlier in the evenings in cold weather as adds to ambience.
Overall would be happy to stay there again as was made very welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel, an indulging experience in a tranquil setting unique to Milton Keynes. Woughton House (formerly the Mercure Parkside House) has joined the MGallery hotel portfolio which is a collection of boutique hotels offering bespoke design and a rich heritage. Woughton House offers 50 beautifully appointed bedrooms from delightful small double rooms to classic superior rooms and beautifully appointed privilege rooms to the stunningly designed junior suites. The award winning Seasons Restaurant classic British dishes a modern twist with much of the ingredients sourced from the local area. Afternoon tea is served daily between 12noon and 4pm with the scones, cakes and sweet treats all homebaked and created by the team of talented chefs. Set in acres of gardens and overlooking the pastures of the Ouzel Valley Park, Woughton House is a modern country house hotel just minutes from central Milton Keynes. The hotel offers free wifi and free car parking to all visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Parkside Milton Keynes Hotel Milton Keynes
- Mercure Milton Keynes
- Accor Milton Keynes
- Woughton House - MGallery By Sofitel Milton Keynes, United Kingdom