“Fabulous customer service”

Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel (was Mercure Parkside House)
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Luton, United Kingdom
“Fabulous customer service”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The staff were excellent when I attended a conference at the hotel. Their service was exceptional - friendly, efficient, professional and they genuinely cared. I could not
fault them in their customer service. I would definitely recommend using the hotel to run an event.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Woughton, General Manager at Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel (was Mercure Parkside House), responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us again and for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Barry Winter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
southend
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We used this Hotel as our base when visiting The British Heritage Museum and also Bletchley Park with my parents. We were pleasantly surprised by the spacious rooms (27 & 28) which provided everything you might need i.e iron,ironing board,trouser press, tea & coffee making facilities, hairdryer etc
We booked bed, breakfast and evening meal and we were very impressed with the standard of the meals. We thoroughly enjoyed our three course evening meal which was both delicious and beautifully presented and also the vast selection of choices for breakfast which were constantly replenished. It is worth noting though that this Hotel does not appear to sell House Wines and the cheapest Red was £32.

The staff on reception and in the restaurant were very attentive and effcient.

I have only two criticisms of the hotel, firstly the room was too hot and it seemed impossible to adjust the temperature and as we were on the ground floor didn't want to leave the window open.
Secondly there was an evening function on at the hotel so it was very busy and there were a number of young attendees who were slamming doors and shouting in the corridor outside our room until the early hours - I eventually got up and made them aware that some people were trying to sleep!
That apart, I would recommend the hotel and would choose it again if staying in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We have noted your comments and these have since been addressed.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Darfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This lovely hotel is in the beautiful village of Woughton on the Green. We stayed there recently for a wedding and couldn't fault the place. The bar and reception area is very welcoming. Our room was very nice and comfortable with tea/coffee facilities , hairdryer and tv. The staff were friendly, polite and extremely helpful. The food was really good and the breakfast second to none. Couldn't fault the place. There's also a great pub, Ye Old Swan, a few minutes away. Will definately stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Barbara C

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice hotel and attentive staff. We ate dinner and breakfast there and the food was good. Our room (#34) looked straight into one of the function suites, so we were glad that there no functions on! There was no view either. Room as well appointed. Free wi-fi in bar and an hour free in your room.

Room Tip: If you do not like being overlooked by the functiion suites may sure you get a room that is not over...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suzywac
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I have noted your comments about the rooms overlooking the function suite and please feel rest assured that the room allocations are done according to our events.
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I've just returned from a weekend conference here, I'd stayed at this hotel once before, about 15 months ago. I'd remembered the excellent staff and the fantastic food - both of these things had made a good impression before but were even better this time. What I'd forgotten was how well equipped the rooms were - my room certainly had everything I could need although I didn't spend much time there as the bar and lounge areas were rather inviting. A selection of newspapers to pick up and read ... a large bowl of fresh fruit on the reception desk ... the "nothing is too much trouble" attitude of the staff - so many little touches that mark this out as a well run establishment. I have to mention again the enthusiasm and friendliness of the staff and the awesome buffet breakfast. I would happily stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank SusanfromSouthsea
MariusParkside, Guest Relations Manager at Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel (was Mercure Parkside House), responded to this review, September 19, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments posted previously. I am very sorry that no one has responded to you and thought that I would take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to post a review and that your comments are very valuable to us, please don't hesitate to contact us on H6627@Accor.com to give us further feedback regarding your stay.

Since you previous stay the hotel has changed ownership and has undergone a complete refurbishment and now stands as one of the top 4 star properties in Milton Keynes. We do hope that you will visit us again on your next visit to Milton Keynes to experience the refurbished property,

Kind Regards,
Guest Relations Manager
Herts,UK
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The hotel is in delightful area with what in the summer will be nice grounds. The hotel bar and restaurant are good with a rather nice period feel. However on check-in the receptionist was somewhat indifferent and hardly made to feel welcome. The room I was given in the Coach House was tiny with no outside window, just a skylight. The bed was tight against one wall and bathroom was very small and with an odd layout. This room was completely unsuitable for a couple and probably just about adequate for an overnight stay for a flight. The sink was more one I am accustomed to seeing in downstair occasional toilet than a 4 star hotel. The fittings were fine, but the shower whilst promising turn out to be barely adequate.

I am a Accors Platinum Card holder and stay many nights each years in hotel rooms and I can say this was the smallest and most unpleasant room I have stayed in for many years. The local Travel Lodge would offer a much better standard and value.

The breakfast was good, but lacked options and I am frustrated when having to pay £15.50 for toast and coffee.

Room Tip: I suspect tis hotel would offer a great stay so when checking in, make sure you avoid the Coach Hous...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Victa
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for Mercure Parkside House. I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I have noted your comments and will be looking into them.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We have really enjoy to stay at your Hotel, it have exceed our expectations and the friendliness from the staff made a pleasure to stay there.
Special mention must be given to Jessica for her professional manner and friendliness

"We will be BACK!"

Regards
Leon

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Leon-Dublin-Ireland
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and will pass on your comments to the team. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.