Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
“Lovely but rooms need a makeover!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here on a Saturday nite recently,and the hotel is very nice with friendly staff! But the rooms are in need of a makeover! As there is paint and wallpaper peeling off in places!! But we had everything we needed! And although it was annoying that they wouldn't do a deal for me that I had on O2 moments which was 40% off rooms!they did do me a reduced room rate which was nice! Would stay again as its a great location for things to do in Milton Keynes!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Dazza101069
Woughton, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Parkside Hotel (soon Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel), responded to this review, March 11, 2013

Barry Winter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Although the hotel was nice rooms clean and service friendly I had my bank card drivers license and a cheque stolen from my wallet I cannot prove that it happened at the hotel but that was the only time my wallet was left unattended for the three nights I spent I'm Milton Keynes

• Stayed January 2013
Barry_Winter_GM, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Parkside Hotel (soon Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel), responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Sir,

I am disappointed to hear that an alleged crime has marred your stay with us, but equally I am surprised that it was not reported directly to the hotel team or management. We treat such matters with the upmost seriousness. I kindly request that you contact myself or my assistant general manager in order to discuss this in more detail.

Thanks in advance,

Cumbria
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Having had enough of the large chains, useful though they are for business, I took a random booking at the Parkside Hotel, Milton Keynes. Only a couple of miles from Milton Keynes centre. Now, Milton Keynes is fine, however, the lovely location, ease of access and excellent team emphasised that its only a few steps to wonderful green spaces and a country-style hotel with the most fabulous fresh food. I paid a little extra for the upgrade, and enjoyed a Nespresso coffee machine, four poster bed and truly home from home. I would recommend this hotel for anyone on a shopping trip to MK, business or even for couples for a bit of time out. Snow covered the grounds and I look forward to seeing the hotel in spring. I have already booked in next week! And can be cheaper than the "big boys" in town!

Room Tip: Go for the upgrade if available, although I can't imagine there are any bad ones ? Some noise fr...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MariusParkside, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Parkside Hotel (soon Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel), responded to this review, September 19, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments posted previously. I am very sorry that no one has responded to you and thought that I would take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to post a review and that your comments are very valuable to us, please don't hesitate to contact us on H6627@Accor.com to give us further feedback regarding your stay.

Since you previous stay the hotel has changed ownership and has undergone a complete refurbishment and now stands as one of the top 4 star properties in Milton Keynes. We do hope that you will visit us again on your next visit to Milton Keynes to experience the refurbished property,

Cheddington, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Our party of 9 attended the New Year's Eve marquee disco and buffet and had a fantastic evening. The marquee was beautifully decorated and the evening a great success.
The selection of starters was vast - fantastic quality and presentation. Our table was one of the last to be 'called up' but there was an endless supply of fresh platters arriving throughout.
The carvery was superb only to be followed by an amazing array of desserts. The 'icing on the cake' was the enormous chocolate fountain which remained in situ until midnight!
We liked being able to remain at our table and chat amongst ourselves whilst still enjoying the music from the disco next door.
Our room in the Coachhouse was lovely with a high ceiling, beams and loads of character. Breakfast was faultless.
ALL the staff were polite, efficient and obliging. A big thank you to all, both front of house and behind!! .
Great value for money and an experience we will definitely consider repeating.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Woughton, General Manager at Mercure Milton Keynes Parkside Hotel (soon Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel), responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us over the festive period. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed at the Mercure Milton Keynes Parkside Hotel for 2 nights last weekend while attending a small family wedding. The hotel is in a great location, All the bedrooms we saw were clean and well equipped. The hotel seemed quite quiet but this isn't surprising as we were there in January. The wedding was off-site but the hotel staged the wedding meal, Every person in the party loved the food and the service was amazing.

To be honest I would struggle to fault our stay in anyway. I think the thing that made our stay so memorable was the service. Of the dozen or so staff that we met, ALL were great and couldn't seem do enough to help us. ... I hope that this message is passed on to all the staff, THANKYOU All SO MUCH.

If we ever need a hotel in the area again, we will definitely be rebooking.

11/12 Jan 13 ... room 44/45

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We spent a wonderful New Year's Eve. We booked table in the marquee and shared dinner with really nice people. The food was good.. but desserts were delicous!
The staff were very friendly and polite. We want to repeat next year :).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Towcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Went to the New Years Eve in the marquee. Pretty as a picture and the staff where all friendly and helpful. Food was excellent, just kept coming and liked the fact the disco was in an ajoining room so you could talk but still hear the music.
Our room was clean, breakfast was excellent.
Great New Year had by our whole table - thank you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends