We booked this break approx 3 wks prior direct with Hotel. Our kids are 10 and 12 so we were advised a family room would be allocated. On arrival we found our room only had a double bed - however once back at reception this was quickly and efficiently resolved. As all family rooms were occupied we were upgraded to an executive king with double sofa bed. Fantastic room - lovely huge bathroom with sep shower. We found all staff very friendly and helpful (special mention to Kerry in the restaurant who was brilliant at accomodating our kids who are fussy eaters !) As priority club members we were delivered newspaper of our choice both mornings and we were also given a 2-4-1 voucher for drinks at the hotel bar (also another couple for the confusion re room at check in - so they were very welcome, athough I felt bar prices reasonable for a hotel) Breakfast very nice - all fresh, and evening meals had good variety. Impressed that we could use our £20 per head value against bar meals/room service or put towards a la carte. Kids eat free and had choice of everything on all menus. Excellent location to shops, Xscape, were not charged for parking although on check in were advised it would be £5 per day. Enjoyed gym and pool. We paid £200 for the 2 nights for 4 of us (and our kids ate like adults!) OK - being given a nice upgrade is always welcome, but I felt it was fantastic value for money and we would certainly recommend this hotel - the best we have stayed in for a while - and will be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Milton Keynes is a spacious, purpose built city centre hotel, offering 166 bedrooms all with high speed internet access and 10 meeting/conference rooms. Xscape - the largest real snow indoor ski slope in Europe is just 10 minutes walk. Other local places of interest include The National Bowl, Bletchley Park Station X, Woburn Abbey & Safari Park, Silverstone Circuit (home of the British Grand Prix), Milton Keynes Theatre & Milton Keynes indoor shopping centre The Centre: MK Millbrook Proving Ground is only 14 miles from the hotel, making us an ideal base for the DVD Event in June. Our special offers include our Woburn Safari Park, Whipsnade Zoo and New Ski packages. Spirit health club is available for guests and members, facilities include a fully equipped gym, steam room, male and female saunas and a heated indoor swimming pool. The Holiday Inn Milton Keynes is the ideal base to explore Central England with both Oxford and Cambridge within an hours drive. The M1's junction 14 is only 10 minutes from the hotel. Milton Keynes Central Rail Station is only a 15 minute walk from the hotel and with 100 trains travelling between London and Milton Keynes everyday you can be in central London in as little as 40 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Hotel Milton Keynes
- Milton Keynes Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central United Kingdom