Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsshopping centreexecutive roombar areahealth clubcentral locationsteam roomcar parkgood sizeboth morningsleisure facilitiesstayed here for two nightsreception staffbars and restaurantsvery pleasant staysaturday nighttea and coffeefull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2010

Really nice hotel, the staff were all very friendly and quick to offer help and directions. Nice food and the bar serves peroni!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank mikesmith999
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2010

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay, the team were helpful and you enjoyed the Peroni in the bar!!
I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2009

We booked these rooms at a good rate. We have stayed before and have always been pleased with the hotel. It is situated right opposite the centre MK so we just walk across the road and we are into a great shopping centre. The reception staff are always friendly and helpful. Check in was quick. The rooms were bright and airy. We booked two rooms this time - an executive room for our four children - age 18, 16, 11 and 5 and a standard double for me and my husband. Both were spotless,quiet and the beds were comfy. The younger children especially liked the fact that their room had sliding shutters which when opened looked down onto the centre of the hotel. . The swimming pool was shut when we arrived (Sunday evening just after xmas) and our youngest was slightly bored, on hearing this the manager brought a colouring book and crayons to the room. The older children watched a film which was quite up to date and cost about £7. There were also playstation games in the room for £1 a day but they were limited .
On the downside our TV didn't work well and when we arrived the executive room was only made up for three not four, This was quickly and painlessly remedied by the duty manager who gave us a complimentary room for the stay much to our 16 year old daughters delight - she escaped her three brothers!!! Breakfast was first class and check out was again quick and easy. Parking was straight outside and cost £5.
We will definately be returning.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2010

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay on TripAdvisor!
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that my Duty Manager was able to assist in the way they did.
I very much look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed December 10, 2009

On arrival the staff were extremely friendly helpful and polite.
The room and bathroom was spacious and had large floor to ceiling windows, the bed was really comfy and you have an option to have your preferred type of pillow by just calling room service.
I rang down to room service for an iron and ironing board, almost as soon as i put the phone down the ironing board was delievered to my room.
Superb customer service was received at all times.
The breakfast the following morning was buffet style which a large variety of yogurt, fruits, full english breakfast, pastries, toast and cereals.
Check out was quick and hassle free.

The hotel is situated in a perfect place. It is within walking distance to the nightlife however is not too close that it disturbs your stay. It is also within walking distance of the shopping centre and other local attractions.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
MiltonKeynesBilly, Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2009

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay in our hotel.

I was extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all departments looked after you on your getaway with your friends.

I do hope to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Milton Keynes very soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2009

Good points: Friendly helpful reception and waitress. Poor bar staff and not enough of them: big queues. Big pool if a little 'smelly'. Big bed in my room and big room (335)
Bad points: toilet had not been cleaned and was disgusting. Bathroom door had been kicked in and was damaged with splinters of wood sticking out. Wardrobe door would not close properly and therefore got in the way of the damaged bathroom door. Bedside lamp had been smashed and repaired badly. 1 Lift out of 2 was out of order and we never did find the stairs. Thank god there was not fire!! The place has a '70's tatty feel about it and there are no windows looking out to be found - a bit like staying in a box. The food was poor and expensive - I had a steak which was mostly grissle. We had to be up and away early but they could not bring us some continential breakfast at 7am - they gave us a bag with some fruit in it when we checked out and a yogurt but still charged us the full price for breakfast: that was poor customer service I thought although the thought was there. As we were up early, we were in bed by 0930 but for some odd reason the phone went at 10.30 and someone asked me if dinner was OK. Not sure why they did this as I had not complained about anything. The phone rang again at 22.40 just two rings, but I unplugged it after that...Bizzare. Holiday Inns vary so much but this one is at the lower end of the scale IMHO. Having said all of that, I would stay there again! Being British I did not complain at the hotel - just moaned when I got home!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
MiltonKeynesBilly, Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2009

Good morning,
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

I am pleased that you were happy with the size of your room and that you thought the Reception team and your waitress were friendly and helpful.

I am sorry though that there were clearly some issues with maintenance during your stay. The standard of your room is not usual for us and I apologise that there were a number of things either broken or not right that you had to contend with. We endeavour to make sure that all of our rooms are in full working order but we clearly missed your room.

I am glad to see that you would stay with us again and I trust that when you do, your experience will be more in line with our usual high standard of service delivery.

Many thanks again for taking the time to write. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2009

Can't get more centrally located than this Holiday Inn, within comfortable walking distance to the shopping centre. Should be able to pick-up a room for £50 quid.

However, they don't respect Platinum PC upgrades and the rooms are a little under-par compared with the rest of the chain. There's limited parking....and they don't pick up the phone (too few staff at this hotel).

Beware of the bar. They add 10% service charge to all drinks even if you collect them yourself (and still have the cheek to put out a tip tray). It's hardly discretionary as you don't get told about it!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
MiltonKeynesBilly, Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2009

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.
I am sorry that as a priority member you felt you weren't looked after. We do our best to upgrade our members to the next best available room whenever possible.
I also thank you for your comments regarding the bar service. This is not something that should happen and the team have been clearly told about this.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again soon.
Matthew Loe