“Value for money summer weekend break”

Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Colnbrook, United Kingdom
“Value for money summer weekend break”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed this weekend for a wedding. Many guests used this city centre hotel.. Staff could not do enough. Real value for money..hotel slightly dated but as i said value for money-breakfast dear if not part of BB deal.
Bar will stay open so long as you wish to drink. I will stay again

Room Tip: Ask for suite if traveling as family
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Rehal,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review to the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted to read that you had such a great stay and it is always a pleasure to read that the team at the hotel delivered great customer service, and I have shared your comments with the wider hotel team at our morning meeting today who were equally thrilled to read your comments.

Thank you once again and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Wayne Bowring

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Andover, Hampshire
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My second stay at the Holiday Inn Saxongate MK. Wow. Consistent with my first. Staff? Amazing. Room? Amazing and so so clean. Room service? Took about 20 minutes for our hot , delicicious Bourgignons to arrive. First Class.
I stayed in room 132 and enjoyed a mini bar , sadly not enough spirite :( my ONLY criticism. the Breakfast was EXCELLENT. Overall outstanding quality and service. Looking forward to my next stay. Tony Dyer

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tony1104,

Thank you for your comments you posted, I am delighted to read that both your stays at the hotel have been great, the team at the hotel will be delighted to hear this at our daily meeting.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Several friends stayed here for the night and had a very nice stay. The rooms were spacious clean and comfortable. All staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. Breakfast included a great selection and having Starbucks on site was an extra bonus! Excellent value for money couldn't fault it all round! Thanks Holiday Inn.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Welltravelledguest,

Thank you for your comments you posted on trip advisor, it is always a pleasure to read that our guests had a great stay and I will be sharing your comments with the wider hotel team at our daily meeting who will also be thrilled to hear this.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Visited as a part of a charity event put on by the Round Table. Room was clean and comfortable with great air conditioning in this heat which was not loud like you get in many hotels.
I always judge on 2 things. The shower in this case hot and powerfull so 5 out of 5 and the breakfast. A buffet breakfast which had a good selection but was not very hot. Did like the toast and jam which was not in the usual silly sachets. 4 out of 5
They did put on evening food as well which was pretty good and the restaurant was a good venue for the charity auction. I would stay again

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Tim M
Thank you for taking the time to post a review to the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted to read that you had such a great stay and enjoyed your function with us,and I will be sharing your comments with the wider hotel team at our morning meeting today who were equally thrilled to read your comments.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The location of this hotel is excellent in Milton Keynes, a short walk to the Hub for dining, very close to Midsummer place shopping centre and not far from Milton Keynes Central for trains. A little further to the snow dome area but still ok to walk. Parking seems ok though I didn't have a car myself.

Unfortunately that's where it ends for me, I had many other issues during my stay. I stayed for over 2 weeks and was put into an inside facing room so unless you want to share everything with bar/breakfast patrons you have to keep the timber doors closed all the time so no natural light at all.

Room was small in size but ok for me though no actual closet, just a hanging area near the door. Large bathroom, heated towel rail didn't work. Minibar didn't seem to be working, always warm. Free water everyday and chocolate most days a nice touch. Air con wasn't the greatest. Room was serviced well every day. Wifi was included for my room type but did cut in and out quite a lot.

Terrible trouble with laundry service, lost one day, and took 3 days another. (Form should be clearer so you don't have to waste a day by having it returned to ask a question). Once used the laundry form it was never replaced, had to ask each time. Obviously this would only be if staying for a longer stay.

Room service menu was ok and meals were ok too, once was a little burnt and once was not cooked properly. Breakfast buffet doesn't really compare to many other hotels however the staff were generally quite friendly which was nice as front desk staff weren't as friendly. I was woken up in the middle of one night by the police banging on my door as they were looking for someone!! I asked the next morning and it didn't sound like everyone had had the pleasure, from the unapologetic front desk staff member.

One thing that I found annoying was the scent that seems to be pushed through the air con in the lift area and hallways of each floor, it was very strong (to me) and because my room was close to the lift it was always in my room too. I guess it was meant to be a nice perfume but to me it was just too overpowering.

Even though my overall experience was quite negative, I would stay again and give it another try as others have not had such experiences as me and I'm hoping a good portion of my issues were just bad luck!

Room Tip: Ask for an outside facing room!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear SydneyParkLocal,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor.
I was very disappointed to read that you stay was not a truly great guest experience that we aim to deliver to our guests.
please be assured we will increase our efforts to deliver our goal in our goal in providing great guest experiences and satisfaction, I pass all your comments onto the department Mangers of the hotel to ensure that some corrective training is carried out.

Once again please accept my apologies and if I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

Sidcup
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our third year staying here for the weekend of the British Grand Prix. Very helpful staff, complete with guides and directions to get to the circuit - turn left out of the hotel, left again, and then join the A5 and you are there in about 20 mins.

The rooms are comfortable and there is a good selection at the bar.

Aside from all that, many of the F1 travelling fraternity seem to stay here, so there are some great conversations to overhear in the bar.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Petercraske,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip advisor
I am delighted to read that you had such a great stay with us during the grand Prix weekend and you enjoyed your gifts, I have shared your comments with the wider hotel team at our morning meeting today who were equally thrilled to read your comments.

Shropshire
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was here on business for a few days. It was £150+ a night which included no breakfast, no internet access and no parking. All of which I had to pay extra for. Now I wasn't paying for the room myself but even so this seems excessive. Plus of course you have to spend the time in Milton Keynes which is surely punishment enough?

I was also given a disabled room. No problem with having disabled rooms in hotels but I am not disabled. This means that the sink at knee level and the shower that only extended to my chest were not the most useful to me.

I stayed at the holiday inn express 5 mins away the other week, paid half the price and got free internet, breakfast and parking - wonder where I will go next time?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jaseandlou
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear jaseandlou,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip advisor, I was disappointed to read that some aspects of your stay did not meet your requirements.

With regards to the rate you paid for your stay with us to one of our other brands, this reflects the market we trade in and we a 4 star full service hotel where as the other brand offers different service levels

Thank you once again and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future,