“Regular visitor, no complaints”

Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Singapore, Singapore
“Regular visitor, no complaints”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Having visited the Milton Keynes Holiday Inn 4 times in the past year (each a week long stay), I can safely say I have never had any complaints.

The staff are friendly and welcoming, breakfast is always hot and fulfilling, the rooms are always spotless and frequently cleaned, and gym, swimming pool and sauna are hygenic and user friendly.

As I am required to visit Milton Keynes often for work, I am glad that the standard of the hotel is so high. Due to this I have returned time and time again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jblogsweb
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Jins186338
Thank you for taking the time to post a review to the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted to read that you had such a great stay and I have shared your comments with the wider hotel team at our morning meeting today who were equally thrilled to read your comments.

Thank you once again and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future

Wayne Bowring

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
London
Reviewed March 17, 2013

As a ihg platinum member this hotel unfortunately brings back images of the worst of British hotels of he 1970s and 80 s when Milton Keynes was an exciting new city and this their only hotel. Whilst mk has grown up and matured, this hotel has been left festering in a bygone age of poor decor, terrible service and disgraceful management with minimal investment In either the building or its staff in the intervening period.

I have had to stay here on a number of occasions before due to our company having an office nearby, ihg membership and limited other options. Although there are now many other options I naively through hi mk would have moved with the times - but unfortunately not!

My platinum membership warranted a pretty mediocre dark and depressing rook overlooking a central atrium, which means ou ave no natural light, ventilation, or indeed privacy unless you keep your curtains pulled the entire time. Furnishing is outdated wood and 80s colours. Bathrooms are very outdated and difficult to use - shower is dangerous as controls and safety catches were broken.

However this could all be overlooked had the service not been so appalling. Having travelled late, I got to the hotel at 10.30pm ( perhaps why I got such a poor room). I asked if I could get room service and was told not a problem. I went to room and started to call room service, however to no avail over and over. I eventually phoned reception who put me through, again only to be cut off again. Again phoned reception, who said they would take an order ( reluctantly ), however when I tried to order from the menu I was informed that I was too late for hot food. As it was now 10.45 pm and the menu said full menu until 11.00pm I questioned this, however was informed that 10.45 was last orders. Having stayed in up to 50 ihg hotels a year I know this is not he case, I asked to speak to the manager,and was surprised to hear that the unhelpful person on the other end of the phone was the duty manager. When pushed, he then admitted the chef had already left and again reluctantly he would make something from the limited night time menu. What actually turned up was a disgrace, I hadn't seen worse food in any uk hotel,of a any star rating for a very long time - it was in edible

When I was leaving reception apologised and asked for an email address as the manager wanted to apologise. However an email never appeared. Whilst all in all this is pretty unacceptable, the incredible fact is that this hotel charges up to £288. Definatly a contender fro rip off Britain.!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank JKlondon09
Dear JkLondon09

Please accept my apologies for the elements of your stay that were not to your satisfaction. It is certainly disappointing to read that we did not deliver on a truly great guest experience. I along with the hotel management team review all guest comments to ensure we can rectify any shortcoming that are experienced so please be assured we will increase our efforts to deliver our goal in our goal in providing great guest experiences and satisfaction.

Once again please accept my apologies and if I can be of any further assistance please let me know

Kidlington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed here for our wedding anniversary. Entrance was nice and bright, check in staff friendly and efficient. We were placed up on the 4th floor. The lift looked down onto the bar area. Checked into our room which was lovely. We arrived just in time to watch the 6 nations (rugby) in our room before going out. The TV was on the table and as my husband went to pull the chair out from the desk so that we could watch the rugby (this was about 5pm on a saturday) we noticed that the back of the chair was disconnected from the rest of the seat. We tried to ring the reception desk but as it was busy they didn't answer so my husband called house keeping to report the broken chair. Within a couple of minutes there was a knock at the door and the manager (Simon) came to take the chair away and asked if we wanted another one. upon his return we pointed out to him a slit in the lamp shade that we had also noticed. he apologized and offered us free breakfast in the morning. Apart from these two things the room was really nice and I would say it was of similar quality as a few of the hilton hotels we have stayed in before. we were really surprised at how nice the hotel was. We walked round the corner to a lovely restaurant, although i'm sure we would of been happy had we decided to eat in the hotel. when we came back from our meal we had a drink in the bar which was nice and relaxing and had a good range of drinks. prices were reasonable. I had a great nights sleep and woke feeling really refreshed. in the morning, we were the first people down for breakfast and as it was free were going to try almost everything. the food did not disappoint! the staff were polite and attentive. after breakfast my husband decided to sit in the bar area reading the paper whilst i went back to our room. they were setting up a stage in the bar/entrance area for a wedding show. Parking at the hotel was £6 per night, but the staff were happy for us to leave the car there for a couple of hours whilst we went shopping in the centre mk (the hotel faces debenhams and the new bit of the centre) the only bit they forgot to mention was that when you pay for parking you have just 10 minutes to go through the car park barrier, so when we returned to leave we had to get them to active the parking card again. every member of staff seemed relaxed, happy, well dressed and the manager (Simon) was a pleasure to deal with. The only thing i was disappointed with was that i didn't get to use the gym/pool facilities..next time we will aim to get there earlier and use them!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Victoria R
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear VicoriaR
Thank you for your review,and I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us Please accept my apologies for the elements of your stay that were not to your satisfaction.
I will be sharing your comments with my hotel team at our daily meeting.

Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed here after a night out nearby. Really nice Holiday Inn. Clean and bright interior. Room and bed comfortable. Forgot my hairdryer and the one in the room is one of those you have hold button down to keep it on, very annoying and took ages to dry hair! All staff very efficient and friendly. Breakfast had a great buffet choice. Very good value all round.
I had requested an up-grade as it was my birthday and although got refused this, they did leave a birthday card and small gift int the room, which I thought was a nice touch.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LinnyLou9
Dear LinnyLou9
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor, I was pleased to read you had a great stay and that you enjoyed your gift my team left for you.
I will share your comments with them at our daily meeting.

South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My first time staying at a Holiday Inn and was thoroughly impressed. Spacious clean room, good service, very nice bathroom and reasonably priced. The balcony was a nice surprise too.

The bar looked nice but didn't use. Perfectly located in the centre too.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Veevers84
Dear VintageVeevers
Thank you for taking the time to post a review to the TripAdvisor community.
I am delighted to read that you had such a great stay and I have shared your comments with the hotel team at our meeting today who were equally thrilled to read your comments.

Cumbria
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was at the Holiday Inn in Milton Keynes for three weeks on and off. Generally the housekeeping was excellent, just a few cobwebs around in one room I had. The food was very good indeed and we were royally looked after by chef Nuala (? sorry about the spelling). There were just occasional lapses of customer services such as being questioned about payment on checking out for the last time, and the lady receptionist didn't even make eye contact during the transaction. Minor irritation... otherwise great stay. Easy to find, right in the middle of things and we were so well looked after by the Events Team, I recommend any corporate requirements would be well catered for in The Academy. Nice pool and small gym too

Room Tip: Try an outfacing room, but not above the front door as the smokers congregate and it wafts upstairs!