“Overnight stay booked via hotwire”

Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
“Overnight stay booked via hotwire”
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

We booked this overnight stay using hotewire so the value for money was good. The hotel was clean and had good amenities and overall a good place for an overnight stay.

We did find the walls very thin so we heard everyone coming and going and the room next door seemed to have a late night drinking which made for a restless night. I also found the heating was either on or off, no in-between because there was no thermostat. These 2 things were the reason we did not give a 4 overall rating.

The staff were very helpful when we asked for advice on what to do for the day and at checkin.

• Stayed January 2013
I-want-to-know-why, Hotel Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Flattj

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations at a good value. I'm sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to improve the quality and services we offer.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Simon Harman - Hotel Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is our second return visit to the Holiday Inn, Milton Keynes for a theatre weekend away. The hotel's central location to the main MK shopping centre is fantastic. The hotel is excellent, we stayed in an executive room as a family of 4 with the children sleeping in the sofa bed. The staff are really friendly. Breakfast on Sunday morning was absolutely fantastic (it had everything you could have wanted). We used the health club with a morning swim - which was fine although it is getting a little tried looking.

Only gripe is that our double bed was far too soft which did disturb our night's sleep and the cost of the WiFi access which I decided not too use when I put our room number in to access it when I saw the price. I then discovered the morning we were leaving (too late) that WiFi was included free of charge with executive rooms - pity we weren't told when we booked in!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Paul C
Dear Paul C

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. Its always great to see reviews from our returning guests.

Please accept my apologies for the elements of your stay that were not to your satisfaction. It is certainly disappointing to read that we did not deliver on a truly great guest experience. I along with the hotel management team review all guest comments to ensure we can rectify any shortcoming that are experienced so please be assured we will increase our efforts to deliver our goal in our goal in providing great guest experiences and satisfaction.

Once again please accept my apologies and if I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

Simon Harman - Hotel Operations Manager
London
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stay here a lot as the company I work for has only 2 hotels in Milton Keynes on their approved list. Unfortunately this is the nearest to the customer`s office. I used to stay in Nottingham a lot and the Holiday Inn there was £55 with our company discount. The MK one ranges from £116 to £168 for a standard room with no breakfast!
I have had several rooms that smell of smoke. Apparently the smoke alarms are easy to disable! Very worrying!
Last week I was charged £50 for telling the hotel I was not staying my last night at 8am. I have never had to pay a penalty at any other hotel. I stayed at the Hilton in MK the week before and did exactly the same with no fee. Watch out!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank holidaysitebuilder
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear holidaysitebuilder,

Thank you for posting a review on the TripAdvisor site.

I am interested to read your concerns and of course I am disappointed that your overall experience at the hotel was not to your satisfaction. Given the positive number of comments we receive I am confident this is an isolated experience. If you wish to discuss these further then please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Once again I appreciate your comments and I know you have many choices when it comes to hotels in the area and hope you will stay with us again on your future visits to Milton Keynes.

Leek, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My partner & I have just spent a night at this hotel. We have stayed at a few Holiday Inns on business before, but this one is quite exceptional. The young lady on Reception gave a very warm welcome, the room was very spacious & spotless with a large, flat screen TV, there is a good sized swimming pool, the lounge & bar area are both pleasing & spacious & the Restaurant ambiance gave an Oriental feel. The food both at dinner & at breakfast was very good. We would certainly stay here again despite the bed being rather hard! This seems to be an issue with all Holiday Inns.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear ElizabethE

Thank you for taking the time to post a review to the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted to read that you had such a great stay and I have shared your comments with the wider hotel team at our morning meeting today who were equally thrilled to read your comments.

Thank you once again and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Northampton
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Absolutely nothing to grumble about with this stay! £50 for the night - we only needed a base as we were on a night out for someone's leaving do from work (taxi home would cost around £50!!!)

Perfect features, everything we needed and a brilliant nights sleep!

Will recommend and use again :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Motherowl,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am pleased that you had a great stay and I have shared your comments with the wider hotel team who were equally pleased that you had such a good stay.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in, hopefully, the not too distant future.

Wayne Bowring - Generl Manager
corby
Reviewed January 17, 2013

stopped at the holiday inn Milton Keynes, in January 13, we booked this before Christmas to allow us to stop over whilst at a concert. Very good hotel excellent 4 star accommodation, our room was spacious, clean and above all warm. The hotel is close to the main shopping center and the Xscape activity center.
We had a few minor problems whilst we stopped, but I do mean minor and the staff sorted this within minutes. I did use some of the leisure facilities and again these were good, warm swimming pool and steam room.
You do pay for car parking on site about £6 and it is probably wise to pre book the buffet breakfast.
There was a party at the hotel on the night we stopped, we were advised of this as there may be some noise. We were on the 3rd floor and we didn't hear it, either in the corridor or the room, so no worries there.
The hotel is built with an inner courtyard, with seating, bar and large TV's, with the restaurant just off this.
Overall a good stay and would use again, for either shopping or theartre

Room Tip: I would recommend our room on the 3rd floor, but think any room here would be ok
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear rscorby,

Thank you for posting a review for the TripAdvisor community.

Overall it was pleasing to read that you had a great stay and would return to the hotel should you need to visit the area again in the future. I have shared your comments with the wider hotel team who were equally pleased.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post a review and hopefully look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to the area.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Firstly, if your considering staying here, pay the upgrade for the executive room. These are the rooms which face inwards (yes, a balcony overlooking the bar inside) odd! The standard rooms are just not very nice, both by looks and smell. The exec room is nice, has a good bathroom, very large bed and lots of floor space. Hit and miss as to whether the mini bar is filled, and dont reply on your requested wake up call. Food is good and so is the service.

Room Tip: Pay the upgrade - go executive!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear JMD2013,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I have noted your comments and are disappointed that you feel our standard rooms are not to the high quality you expected this is not something that we receive comments on although I will keep a record of your concerns and review these with the relevant team to discuss any improvements that can be made.

I have also highlighted your comments regarding the mini bar to the relevant department as this is something that should be refilled and checked on a daily basis so will ensure this is done.

Once again thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel int he near future.