“Just a great hotel!”

Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here for one night and it was just good. We booked through bookings.com (without breakfast) they gave us complementary breakfast and told us that they put us in a room as far away as possible from the wedding - disco. All very attentive, friendly and I would definitely go back and for £75 a night including Breakfast - who wouldn't!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear WorldTraveller

It was great to read your positive comments about your stay and I have shared these with my team who were equally thrilled.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community and we look forward to welcoming you back to Milton Keynes in the near future.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

First off, let me say this hotel is just fine. Very good breakfast selection, great lobby, but.....

I had a hotel room reserved for business for 1 night. I was arriving from Russia late in the evening, and had to leave for Netherlands the very next day. I arrived at Midnight needing just a night to sleep, my room was 'guaranteed' based on corporate credit card reservation, and upon check-in, they said "We don't have a room for you - we'll get you a cab to another hotel." Meanwhile I had 2 colleagues already checked-in who arrived earlier and with whom I was meeting in the morning. I told them this was unacceptable and they got me into a 'handicap-accessible' room. All I needed was a night of sleep and I got that, but the experience wasn't very pleasant and will consider it a one-off. Would stay here again if necessary.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear UKi-Guy

Thank you for your review.

I can understand your disappointment at the room allocation and I will review this with our Front Desk team to understand the issues they had and look at ways we can avoid this in the future.

Thank you once again and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future

Regards

Wayne Bowring

Reviewed November 7, 2012

A two night stay, while working at Silverstone.

Good onsite parking, in a central Milton Keynes location. the main shopping centre, with lots of food & drink options is within easy walking distance.

The room was clean, with internet access included in the room price & a well stocked drinks tray.

Breakfast was very well presented and had the usual range of items found on the Holiday Inn breakfast menu.

Both check-in & check-out were easy and efficient, with friendly and helpful staff who were obviously very well trained.

Overall, it seems to be a very well run example of the holiday Inn brand, I'd definitely stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Location Perfect for shopping, and bars and Eating establishments,
rooms spacious very clean, nice comfy beds,Unfortunately our T.V. Never worked,staff did try and help, but was something wrong with the cable, was offered a move but a bit late in the night
for that,, so accepted complimentary drinks vouchers,
Breakfast was delicious set us up for the day,
Staff all very nice and obliging,nothing to much trouble, Enjoyed our stay but found M.K. A concrete jungle, no character,and the shopping complex all designer shops, not our thing really.
Also car park is £6.00 overnight stay..

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Trodyl,

Thank you for your review.

Overall it sounds like you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel and visit to Milton Keynes. I am sorry to hear of the issue with your TV and I am sure this has been fully rectified by our Maintenance Department.

I read your comments regarding Milton Keynes, should you visit again and want some information on the surrounding area please do not hesitate to get in touch with one of my reception team as I am sure you will be surprised at the variety and amount of activities Milton Keynes has to offer.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post a review and I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel and area in the future

Best Wishes

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I went to milton keynes for a girls weekend away in a central location.This is a great value hotel with spa and pool. Rooms are clean and well presented. Staff were great and very helpful. We stayed for 2 nights and paid around £50 a night per room which was fantastic value for money. A short walk away there are numerous restaurants. We ate at the carribean restaurant which was really good food and excellent value. Across the road is a massive shopping centre with all the main retailers ! My only comment would be to take a taxi from the train station if you have heavy bags as its an up hill walk all the way !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Fab40th,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor Community.

I am delighted you had a good weekend in Milton Keynes and that the hotel the team played a part in making it so.

Once again thank you for your comments,

Regards

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed here for the night, I'd never been to a holiday inn before but I would definitely go to a Holiday Inn again after this stay.
I was surprised by the value for money! Very cheap price for the night and got a lovely comfortable room with no noises, very near to the shopping centre and string of restaurants (shopping centre over the road)
I also didn't realise there was a swimming pool and just had to buy a bikini and go for a swim, we were the only ones in the pool and there was also a steam room and gym available which we didn't go in!
The bar area was lovely and nice to sit of an evening

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Ella G,

Thank you for your review. I shared your comments with the hotel team and they were delighted that you had a great stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and Holiday Inn again in the near future

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Booked a standard room and got upgraded to executive which was very nice and clean. The only negative was that the sofa bed desperately needed replacing & the kids ended up moving into the main bed as they could feel all the springs through their mattress (I tried it & they weren't complaining for nothing!).
Swimming pool was good and breakfast very nice. The lady cooking the eggs at breakfast was lovely and made pancakes for my daughter despite them not being on the menu. All the staff we spoke to were polite and helpful.couldnt get a better location. Parking cost us £9 for a day and a half which I didn't think was bad given the location. Would definately return.

• Stayed: October 2012
WayneBowring, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Evil_Ednaa,

I apologise that the sofa bed was not comfortable for your children, the good news is that these are currently in the process of being replaced and should resolve any issues in using these in the future.

I have posted your comments on our internal communication boards and I know the team will be pleased that they helped make you stay memorable for the little things they do that make a difference.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Wayne Bowring