“Segway Experience”

Experience The Country
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience The Country's home is set in the 800 acre Hounslow Hall Estate in the Buckinghamshire countryside on the western edge of Milton Keynes.Services available--Venue hire,4X4 off-road driving,SEGWAYS 4X4 off-road truck driving, Clay pigeon shooting, Laser clays, Fly fishing, Childrens parties, Hen & stag parties, Corporate events,Team Building Product launches, Filming location.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Northampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Segway Experience”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I was apprehensive of going on a Segway as I was worried about coming off, especially after my son showed me some dodgy videos. I suffer from a bad back but gave it a go. First off Mark gave us an excellent training session in the warehouse and I was amazed at how quickly I got to grips with the Segway. We then went out on the fields and we loved it. I felt I had control over the machine and not once was I worried
I would say give it ago, we're defiantly going again.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Bob T

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Segway disappointment”
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

This was the second time I went on a Segway experience here. Both times exactly the same advertised deal with Groupon which mentioned up to an hour Segway with views of the lake. The first time was excellent, a good hour experience with a trip around the lake on the country estate.
This time a birthday treat for a 11 year old and his friend, both done Segway a before. This time though it was over within 40 minutes with no final trek around the lake and felt cut short. We had expected the same experience, being promised a view of the lake in the Groupon deal. This time we didn't get anywhere near the same experience. All felt really disappointed! We have complained but told that they no longer go to the lake and that only one in the group had said they done Segway before which wasn't true as four of us said we had.
Have mentioned this to Groupon who then never replied back. Anyway suffice to say none of us would go back again as we felt short changed.

1 Thank Evmk71
Expthecountry, General Manager at Experience The Country, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for your review, we are sorry you did not enjoy your experience on our Segways

We don`t use the lake path in the spring anymore as we have Swans nesting, don`t Guarantee any route as we vari them depending on weather and guests ability.

The Groupon deal was based on a 1 hour total experience which included booking in time etc the time on the Segways is around 40-45 mins which was stated on the voucher issued by Groupon.

I am rather disappointed Groupon have not replied to you but that is something I don`t have any control over.

The offer we made of a half price return visit has not been taken up.
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Birthday Treat”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

After my wife received the experience as a birthday gift we arrived as four apprehensive novices. Mark the instructor soon put us all at ease and within minutes had us spinning around the inside training area before allowing us to venture outside into the grounds of the Hall. The staff are all fantastic and very welcoming , we would definitely recommend Experience the Country for all exhilarating pursuits in the the beautiful grounds of Hounslow Hall.

London
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Enjoyable Segway outing”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Bought as a present for my 2 teens and they enjoyed the Segway's - lots of emphasis on safety and plenty of space to go round the estate - previously had done a woodland track which was a little more exciting for teens but this was a good intro experience.
Friendly staff.

Daventry, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Christmas presents”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I bought a Land Rover off road driving experience for both my sons for Christmas. Amie was really helpful with the booking finding a time that suited everyone and allowed them to have theie sessions consecutively.
On arrival Simon was welcoming and informative and this was continued into the time on the vehicle. The instruction was excellent, the terrain everything you would want I even got to sit in the back too and enjoy their driving!!
All in all I would really recommend Experience the Country