“Dreadful Service”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Milton Keynes
“Dreadful Service”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We called in here for a drink by the lakeside with our Daughter, Son-in-Law and grand-daughter on Saturday 14th April.
There were 3 members of staff at the bar with only one serving. I am not particularly small, but I may as well have been invisible!!!
No customer care or awareness at all.
According to my wife the toilets were pretty desparate as well.
All in all not what I have come to expect of Premier Inn!

Swindon
“Fantastic location, poor service and warm food.”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

One of the best settings I have seen for a restaurant, lakeside with great views. Large restaurant well spaced out with a variety of table styles and sizes so you don't feel like your squashed in.
Negatives, although not very busy and there were plenty of staff standing around I was told I couldn't order from the table without a tab, so had to take 6 food orders to the bar and carry back 6 drinks. Over 40 minute wait for the food to arrive, with 2 of the 6 meals coming out luke warm. I really couldn't be bothered to send them back.
We didn't bother to have more drinks or pudding as we had small children with us who were getting tired and restless.
Hopefully things will improve, I have eaten in many Fayre and Square restaurants and know not to expect perfection, but what I do get usually is fast service with hot food at a decent price.

Once again the location cannot be beaten, just need to work on service and speed.

• Visited April 2012
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“I didnt stay”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I didnt stay at the hotel, but let me review the bar and restaurant.
Its a very popular pub/restaurant overlooking Willen lake, recently aqquired by punch taverns under the Fayre&square logo. we visited on 23/03/2012 @ 2pm. It was a nice sunny day and the pub was reasonably busy but not packed out however, due to the queing system they operate where you wait in line and are called to the bar in order but, with only 2 staff serving the queue was soon OUT of the patio doors, it took me 25 mins to order 2 drinks i was then told there was an hours wait for food! we didnt order. we stayed aprx 1 hour during which time i did not see any tables cleared and at one point i counted 32 people in line. If this is the standard of service on a mild spring day i dread to think whats going to happen at the height of summer. I have been using this pub for over 20 years but the new owners are causing me to re-think! So the moral of the story is Take a book to read while you wait in line!!!!