“Good food, relaxed atmosphere”
Review of Jamie's Italian

Jamie's Italian
Ranked #87 of 555 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We called in for lunch, and I was dubious after hearing very mixed reviews from my friends. Having been there I would certainly go back.

I found the staff were friendly and the restaurant atmosphere was relaxed, even though it was busy. We did have to wait 20min for a table, but that wasn't a problem (it was a busy Saturday lunchtime after all). The staff took our name and booked a table, and we carried on with our shopping for a while until our table was ready.

I found the food to be simple, fresh and very tasty...as you would expect Jamie Oliver food to be. Both my husband and I were very happy with our meal, and we will be returning.

Overall, it was a good experience which we would recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,244)

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very disappointed with the portion/cost ratio at Jamie's Italian in Milton Keynes. It's probably the first time I've walked out of a restaurant still hungry. Many of the main courses are priced at two sizes - no indication that means you get a starter portion; simply a lighter lunchtime option. I had Black Angel Spaghetti - which was simply spaghetti with three pieces of scallop in it for £8.20, however the portion size was embarrassingly small. As a starter we had Chilli Peppers (£1 per pepper) and bread basket £3.75 for 4 pieces of bread and a couple of breadsticks. Drinks were also a problem - my Ginger Mojito (non-alcoholic) was mostly ice, yet still £3.50.

2  Thank cmevans99
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Yet another fab meal at Jamie's in Milton Keynes. Great food is always served by excellent staff who tailor their approach depending on who is dining. I recently visited with my husband, a 2-year old and a 14 year old and our waiter was amazing with my little girl. We all enjoyed the food that we had and the atmosphere was fab!

Highly recommended

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Have eaten here a few times and it has always been an enjoyable experience. Food has always been excellent and they always have some good and interesting specials. Staff very friendly and attentive but not intrusive. No paper napkins there, all fabric ones, which is unusual but nice nowadays. We took two of our 11 year old granddaughters with us on one occasion, she thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and keeps asking to go again. One of the best places I've eaten in and prices very reasonable compared with some overpriced and below par food. Would whole heartedly recommend it to anybody

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Really pleased that my beloved Jamie did not let me down. A lovely restaurant with a good ethos and great food. the staff were really friendly and accommodating to my family and my toddler was getting a little tired and ratty. It was nice to see the chicken products were free range and the napkins were washable ones. We had three desserts and all three were beautiful and also cheap. I had lemon meringue pie, husband had ice cream and daughter had jelly and ice cream. All three were really flavoursome- the jelly was my favourite- they were normal desserts but with a hint of this or that to surprise you and make them stand out- my meringue pie had tuty fruity bits and pistachio crumbs and toffee type discs- really different but it still had plenty of lemon and meringue too done really well. I am amazed that you can have freshly made food as good as these were for as cheap as that when I have paid so much more for sub standard food. I looked at everyones elses mains and they looked great. we are definitely going back to sample those.