“Great hospitality & adequate accomodation”

Telford House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Milton Keynes
Telford House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 32 Milton Keynes B&B and Inns
royalpriestess
“Great hospitality & adequate accomodation”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I found this room last minute when I was staying in Milton Keynes for some business training. I phoned, and they were really helpful, and kindly were able to accommodate me in a room at a lower rate than I should have paid for it. So flexible and such a relief for me as I was quite desperate at that point. Ann was kind enough to drop me into central Milton Keynes the following day, an act of generosity that typifies the warm personalities of the hosts. They had a granddaughter staying with them during my stay, who helped them to serve the breakfast to guests - very sweet and a polite girl.

The room itself (on the ground floor, closest to the front door I think - though I didn't find it noisy at all) was spacious, airy, bright and clean. Bit of a mixed bag decoration-wise - old fashioned things with modern bits and pieces. I think it would be better if it was one or the other. Dining area quite small, but sufficient. Good for a short stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
west sussex
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed with Ann and Jim overnight on September 14th 2013. What a friendly welcome we had to their home. The room and en suite were excellent, as was the breakfast the following morning.
Ann and Jim are the friendliest B&B owners we have ever stayed with. We were regaled with anecdotes after breakfast and found it hard to leave. We would recommend staying there to anyone. You couldn't do better!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Fantastic room and ensuite - had comfy chairs and a little coffee table as well as bed and bedroom furniture. My room overlooked the back garden. Had an interesting chat with the owners over a delicious breakfast. If I ever need to be back up that way again, I'll def stay there :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Gravesend, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed here with my brother for one night on a trip to Stony Stratford with the hope of reliving our childhood as we grew up there. Our rooms were very comfortable and our hosts Ann and Jim were fantastic. We had booked two single rooms, but were immediately upgraded to a double room each. Breakfast was included and we were offered a brilliant choice. Thanks very much.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bedford
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Found this perfect bed and breakfast after needing alast minute place to stay. Knocked on the door to see if any vacancies and was greeted by Jim. Was given beautiful room over looking the front of the property and couldn't have asked formore. The room was perfect. Lovely double bed, remote controlled tv, tea and coffee facilities, beautifully decorated and gorgeous ensuite.
Breakfast consisted of a wide choice of cereals, cooked eggs, bacn, beans, toast, tea or coffee accompanied by pleasatn chat from Jim and Ann who were simply wonderful. Will definately be booking again to tour the delights of Stony Stratford. This tucked away delight is truly a must to be visited. Owners are warm and friendly and im looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: The room i had was magnificent. Although to the front of the property, the noise from the road was...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stay in many hotels with my job and in my leisure time but I can honestly say I have never experienced such a warm and friendly welcome and stay as I had at Telford House. I was staying in Stony Stratford to visit my daughter and partner who were invited to join me for breakfast at the B&B by the owner. The breakfast was really good with plenty toast and tea and in a lovely relaxed atmosphere. This kind and thoughtful gesture along with the excellent room 1 I stayed in (lovely comfortable large room and bathroom) made this a very special weekend for me and my family.
I can totally understand how the elderly gentlemen I chatted to at breakfast who came to stay for just a week is still there one year later!!
Thank you so much Jim and Anne.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Staying at Telford House B/B was a joy.We stayed in room 4 and was
pleasantly surprised and the standard of accomodation.Very clean and
comfortable.
The breakfast was lovely, tea, toast, cooked english etc.
We will definitely stay at the B/B again, and recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple