The Shoulder of Mutton
Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
$71
$59
Mercure Milton Keynes(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
$61
$67
$56
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
$107
$89
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Novotel Milton Keynes(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
$50
Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
$67
Hotels.com
Peartree Lodge Waterside(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
$53
$51
Travelodge Milton Keynes Old Stratford(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
$41
Travelodge
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
$66
TripAdvisor
Chicheley Hall(Chicheley)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe pubfriendly landladyginger sponge and custardlovely sunday lunchsteak and ale piebooked a tablefront of houseplenty of parkinglovely locationcar parkmandymk
Reviewed October 17, 2013

A fairly typical village pub- with welcome attributes of a friendly landlady, a charming interior and a large beer garden. The food is admittedly straightforward, but it fills a hole and we've never had a bad meal! And the ale usually seems to be in pretty good condition to me.

My Mum and partner have stayed in a B&B room in the past and share the sentiment on here that the rooms are quite small, but pleasant enough.

Visit for uncomplicated pub grub rather than expecting Michelin-starred delicacies and you shouldn't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SparePebble
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Beautifully situated little pub. Warm welcome from the proprietor. Nice little room. Not massively spacious if there had been three of us in there, but was absolutely fine for an overnight stay. Only thing I would change would be to update the shower - other than that, lovely. We were lucky with the weather and sitting outside in the beer garden was very pleasant. Lovely views of the nearby countryside.

Partner was very happy with the Doombar beer. I was happy with my drinks. Didn't try the food as we had already booked into a restaurant in Stony Stratford. About 15 mins walk from amenties of Stony Stratford. About 20/25 mins from Silverstone and Bletchley park.

Would go there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank porterlizz
Reviewed September 26, 2013

To be blunt, this beautifully situated pub would benefit from a change of management. Everything is just a little bit too tired: the staff, the decor, the crockery and cutlery. The food is tired and uninteresting; the beer just not quite as fresh as it should be.
I stopped off for lunch and was one of seven diners at 1:30 on a sunny weekday.The place should - and could - be full. The landlord or manager seemed to be happy drinking the beer, at least.
It's unlikely that I shall trouble them again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I booked this last minute, as my husband and I needed to stay near Stony Stratford, and this was the only room I could find. We had a room in an outbuilding, near the main pub, and all I can really say is that everything was small! The room had a very small double, and another single bed, the wall mounted TV was very small, and only really visible from one spot on the bed! The shower too was small with a curtain around, and it was impossible not to soak the floor. The kettle provided was not big enough to fill the 2 mugs left with it. However the price wasn't small! I felt £80 a night B and B was more like a hotel price. The breakfast however was very good, and lady serving, the owner maybe, was very attentive.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was surprised to see some of the negative reviews that the SoM has garnered.
I have been going to the Shoulder, along with my "gang" of old chaps for a year or two now.

We are always made to feel welcome, and drinks served as soon as we arrive.

The food service is great. The menu is limited, but that suits our group. I cannot say that there has been any meal that has disappointed.

So, in summary, a good place for a quiet pint and a bite to eat.

I am disappointed to report that the current owners are selling up. Let's hope that the next owners keep up the high current standard.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends