“Friendly & efficient service with delicious food”
Review of Kardamom Lounge

Kardamom Lounge
Ranked #99 of 537 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Buckinghamshire
“Friendly & efficient service with delicious food”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Visited on Saturday night at about 7pm with some friends and we were given a choice of seating which was nice.

The staff were friendly and attentive without being over bearing. The menu reads well with a good variety of the English curry favorites and some more adventurous dishes for those wanting something new.

The food arrived quickly but my only little niggle was that it was piping hot (temperature I mean not chili heat!) Don't get me wrong, the food was delicious and tasted lovely and fresh just hot very hot.

The poppadoms come with all the sauces you would expect and these are readily refilled for you.

As we were eating our mains, the manager popped over to ask how everything was which added a nice personal touch when he wanted to oversee everyone dining in the restaurant (which by 8pm was full).

Would happily go back and I'd definitely recommend to others.

For an idea of price, for 4 people with starters, mains and one dessert (including drinks- though none alcoholic) it was £80.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank FoodLoverBucks

“Consistently good”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stony Stratford has a number of decent restaurants, but this has always been my favourite. An excellent range of dishes, good portions, attentive and efficient service. The only caveat tonight was that they saw fit to bring in a George Michael impersonator. He wasn't bad, but for me it was an unwelcome distraction when all I wanted was a quiet meal for two. Lovely food, though, as always. Recommended.

London, United Kingdom
“!st class”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have been to this restaurant several times & never been disappointed. The service & food always excellent, with the manager overseeing the running of the restaurant to a high standard. Last night we hadn't booked so turned up on a Saturday night for a table for 2 and were quickly shown to a table. Quite a few other people did the same as us and were quite prepared to wait 20 minutes. Probably best to pre-book to guarantee a table! The food here does not all taste the same, each has its own flavour so 10 out of 10.

• Visited February 2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Great but not the decor”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Some friends and I decided to have a couple of drinks in the High St at Stony Stratford one evening. We had tried a few curry places along there before but not this place. Food was lovely but the venue lacked charachter and looked a bit clinical and the neon really doesnt work. I think they are trying to be over modern here. Maybe its just me but I think I prefer the more traditional looking curry house.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Mike M
northampton
“Really good friendly restaurant”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Have eaten here on numerous occasions and has always been good, have always had good service, and the food is in my opinion the best around for Indian food, it is not overpriced unlike the take your pants down calculta bra, which I would never eat in again.

• Visited September 2012