“Lovely & Different”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tea Monkey - CLOSED

Tea Monkey
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating
Description: Tea Monkey is a chain of specialist Tea Cafes opening across the UK and offering consumers a viable alternative within the buoyant cafe culture. A refreshing, clean and cutting edge Tea Bar, with over 40 different types of Loose Tea and Pyramid Tea Sacs including Wellness and Blooming teas, fabulous Coffee and Delicious Cakes, in a modern, state of the art facility with wall mounted iPads and free wifi.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Lovely & Different”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Something different to the usual coffee shops. Great & varied selection of drinks with helpful & friendly staff. Would def recommend for a mid-shopping refreshment.

Visited December 2012
Tracey B, Owner at Tea Monkey, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely review. We always strive to make every customer have a positive experience and we love to share our passion for tea. Hope you will swing by again soon.

Mrs Tea Monkey

Buckingham, United Kingdom
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Went here at the weekend and what a great place it is!

Tea was lovely.. as was the cake. I highly recommend a visit if you are in the area!

• Visited December 2012
Tracey B, Owner at Tea Monkey, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for your very positive comments. We are delighted you like our store and appreciate what we are trying to achieve. It is important to us that our customers enjoy their Tea Monkey experience and feel happy to recommend us to their friends We do hope you will swing by again soon.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Slow!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I personally only go to tea monkey for my drinks but every time I go in there I end up waiting at least 20 minutes or more. I only ever pick tea monkey as I feel it is the best in Milton Keynes however, they do not seem to understand the idea of quick. I understand it takes time to make the drinks however when there is a queue of about 7 people and only one person to make the drinks and serve and the other 2 employees walking aimlessly around the shop going in and out of the back, me and the other customers are not too pleased.

The guy serving us was extremely accommodating and I was thankful for him trying to rush knowing that I was late for work because of the long wait and he apologised for his time as he had been away for a while so I appreciate the server, but what I do not appreciate is the other employees letting him struggle with a queue of 7 people to make and serve the drinks. I was then made late to work and was not able to drink my drink and therefore was a waste of money.

I usually would recommend tea monkey for their products however I would only recommend it if you have time on your side and not a quick drink as the time of the service is terrible.

1 Thank Evievv
Tracey B, Owner at Tea Monkey, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to publish your review. We are extremely sorry that your recent experience was a disappointment to you. We will certainly take these issues up with the staff at the next staff meeting with a view to addressing your concerns and working to improve our customer experience.
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Tea with a differance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

What a very different experiance a Tea shop not coffee. All types served with pleasant staff and surroundings and Free use of ipads. One downer seats are not very comfy.

• Visited November 2012
Tracey B, Owner at Tea Monkey, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you for your review. We believe there is a place for our speciality tea shops We have 40+ teas available and our staff are delighted to be able to assist customers enjoy their favourite brew or try something new. We also have a great range of coffees and hot chocolate.
We appreciate your feedback regarding the seating and we will look into this when reviewing our furniture. We hope you will visit again soon.
Buckingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome place. Amazing staff, amazing tea, free wifi, and even mini ipads to use.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Wow, the staff really know their stuff. Ask them about any tea, and they will tell you as much as you wish to hear about the leaf, drying process, history etc etc. Or if you don't care, sit down and sip a brilliant tasting cup of tea in warm surroundings with cool music. Why go to a large chain when you can have personal service, and a better beverage? Thanks Tea Monkey, all the best to you. Served by Jason.

• Visited November 2012
Tracey B, Owner at Tea Monkey, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you very much for such a positive review. We try very hard to ensure that our customers enjoy their visit and with all our staff passionate about our 40+ teas it can be difficult to chose. Glad you enjoyed your Tea Monkey experience. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Check out our current offers on our website and in store.

Mrs Tea Monkey