“Surprisingly good”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We went for lunch before a visit to the cinema and enjoyed it. The restaurant was busy but the service was very efficient and friendly. The food was also good - freshly cooked and served piping hot. There was also quite a lot of choice. Would definitely eat there again.

There are newer reviews for Chimichanga - Milton Keynes

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I am from the southern United States where Mexican food is on every street corner - it is the one cuisine I miss more than any other so I'm always on a quest for good Mexican in the UK. Chimichanga is the best I've had in MK. It is much heaviery on the Tex half of Tex-Mex but it is delicious and the atmosphere is good.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We booked a table at chimichanga's and the only time available was 930pm. When we arrived we had a half an hour wait for our table. The staff were very apologetic and offered us a complementary drink as a goodwill gesture which we accepted. Once our table was ready we were quickly seated and our order was taken again with an apologie from the waitress. We ordered the chimichanga one vegetarian the other pulled pork. Both meals were very tasty with lots of Mexican flavour, chilli, lime black beans although a little more guacamole and sour cream would of made the meal even better. Great value, good portion size. It was our first time at this chain of restaurants as our favourite Mexican restaurant was fully booked, we will now eat regulary at chimichangas. Great Mexican decor, music and atmosphere. Lovely staff.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I ate here on a Sunday evening. Service a little slow and unresponsive (the waitress didn't seem surprised when the starters went back largely untouched).

The meal was ghastly. For starters my wife ordered loaded potato skins. Lord knows how long ago these were first made, and how long they had been kept stored, but the flesh of the potatoes was a strange dark grey and the skins totally black. They looked - and tasted -like witches' toenails. My, supposedly, squid rings were a little less offensive - tasting what I would expect a deep-fried rubber band to be like.

For mains, my wife ordered a piri piri chicken dish with rice. The rice was edible. The chicken, once the extremely crass sauce was scraped off it, was an escalope of something that tasted like tent canvas. My beefburger was burned to absolute b**ggery. I once had a friend whose car was torched. The beefburger smelled - and resembled - a lump of the plastic that once been his dashboard.

Just in case readers think we may be tiresome, unrealistic, foodies, let me say we're quite happy to eat in all sorts of food chains. They may not be the most authentic dining experience but they generally serve a reasonable meal for a reasonable price. Other people reviewing this restaurant clearly have had better experiences than us and, since ChimiChanga is a national brand - and, presumably, has a national supply system for its ingredients - the failure can only have been down to the dreadful standard of food preparation done by the crew at this particular outlet.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

After visiting a relative in the nearby hospital we were hungry. They were the only restaurant that wasn't queued up outside and we like Mexican so went in. We had a mixture of starters, mains and desserts all were tasty, well presented and quickly brought out. We were impressed by the atmosphere of the restaurant bared on the fact its part of the leisure complex. The restaurant has an amazing wooden structure and wooden decorative pieces.