“Disgrace!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Norwich, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Disgrace!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

I booked a level 1 & 2 lesson on the same day for skiing. During level 1 at 11:00am we spent the first hour playing heads an shoulders and avoiding children in the snow and going round in circles walking. Because of the size of the group 80% of the time was spent watching other people. We finally started snow ploughing towards the final third of the lesson. One person actually Left early. I had at this point already paid for my level 2 at 15:00 so although not wanting to go I decided I would go. Thinking the day couldn't get much worse I then had the total misfortune of meeting my level 2 instructor wilf. The lesson had 3 people in including my gf who is a very comfortable skier so hardly a large group for wilf. He let me go down once and then started pressuring me to leave the level an redo level 1. When I left I said to him I would like my money back and he refused. This was since changed from reception so clearly he didn't bother asking. The biggest disgrace is wilf, when I left the group, stated I had to be kicked out because I was never going to learn a snowplough because I didn't have the leg muscles? Seems weird to me when I play football and 4 yr old kids were skiing well. The whole experience was not fun and the experience was nothing but demoralising. As for wilf, needs to go for some customer service courses!!

3 Thank Richard198799
Snozone, Customer Service Manager at Snozone, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Hi Richard

I appreciate that we have already spoke in detail about your feedback over the phone and I hope that you are happier following our conversation.

Equally I would like to wish you and your partner a wonderful holiday and good luck with the rest of your lessons. You will no doubt get the bug in no time and be exploring the mountains together.

All the best

Norwich
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant coaches!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

I really can't go on about this place enough! I love it! I had my level 1 and 2 snowboarding with Barry and Damien, brilliant teachers who really want to help you learn. Was a bit nervous at first but they both put me at ease and were both really friendly, as are all the staff at snozone. The staff seem happy and all willing to help you out. Will be booking fast track levels 3&4 very soon! Would definitely recommend snozone to anyone looking to learn boarding or skiing. Also.. There's a bar and plenty of places to eat and shop, and an indoor sky diving centre and gym if you had people with you who didn't want to go on the slope. Do it!!!

Hi KPean

This is such lovely feedback for Barry and Damien. It really does put a smile on our instructor’s faces when they see their names being mentioned here on Trip Advisor so thank you for taking the time to feedback.

I am so glad to hear that you are excited about booking your level 3&4 and I am keen to hear your feedback on these lessons also. We pride ourselves on an excellent customer experience, from the staff friendliness, to the facilities and of course the experience / skills gained on our lessons. I’m very pleased that you will continue to recommend us and hope you thoroughly enjoy your level 3&4 lesson.

We will hopefully see lots more of you throughout the year and if you haven’t already joined, you would definitely benefit from our membership to make savings every time you visit!

Feel free to ask at reception next time you visit to find out more

Custome Service Manager
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Great slope, fabulous staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

I visit SnoZone a few times a year prior to going away on holidays. I'm always pretty rusty after not boarding for a while and in combination with my new board and not boarding for 11 months this visit was not exception. I was really struggling with my turns and feeling pretty unsteady. I was pleasently suprised when one of the instructors took the time to stop me at the bottom of the main slope to give me a few tips on my technique. His advise was excellent and my technique qucikly improved he also took the trouble to note that my board was incorrectly set-up. I think he said his name was Damien (a French guy). I have even been able to pass on his tips and techniques onto my friends and improve their boarding.

Great slope and genuinely helpful staff.
Great place to get some practise in and build up your skills before a holiday.

Hi Chris

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback here on Trip Advisor. Even more so because you were here on the recreational slope and this is a brilliant example of how our staff members strive to go above and beyond to give you a memorable experience.

We are always here to help and equally if you ever wish for further group coaching we offer a level 5 lesson which advances your skills on the main slope.

Many thanks again

London, United Kingdom
“Boarding Fast Track - Level 3 & 4”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

Had great fun on the Boarding Fast Track Level 3 and 4. I had boarded before but had lost my confidence so it was good to go back for a refresher. Tom, the instructor was great. The group only had 6 people in it so we all had a good amount of time from Tom if we needed it. Can't wait to go back - I've got the snowboarding bug!

Hi Alex

I am really pleased that Tom has helped you get back your confidence to snowboard again.

I know exactly what you mean and having a break in Snowboarding can definitely make you forget the basic techniques which in turn can make snowboarding seem so much more difficult then it actually is! Great idea to have the refresher and we hope to see you snowboarding more often here at Mk now that you have the bug!

All the best

Princes Risborough, United Kingdom
“Fast Track - Level 1 & 2”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

I booked the fast track level 1 & 2 lessons for myself and a friend because we are going to Gryon in Switzerland for our first ski trip on boxing day. We wanted to get the basics so we didn't waste any time on the slope. Our instructor, Hal, was spot on. Friendly, polite, patient and a great teacher. We had 6 people in total in our group and everyone grasped the basics fairly quickly so half way through the lesson we had completed everything that covers level 1 & 2. Hal provided us with pointers on each manoeuvre where necessary and it was really useful.

We spent the second part of the lesson mastering the skills we had learnt previously and then doing some more advanced turns etc. At the end of the lesson Hal told each of us what we needed to do next which in most cases was just level 4.

Overall I felt that the lesson was great value and now feel confident for when we hit the slopes for real and couldn't have asked for a more professional instructor. Give that man a pay rise!

Kind regards,

Joel Dear.

Visited December 2013
Snozone, Customer Service Manager at Snozone, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Hi Joel

I am sure you are having an amazing holiday in Switzerland and I am so pleased that Hal was able to kick start your skills and confidence so that you can thoroughly enjoy exploring the mountains.

I highly recommend Ski holidays abroad to customers, friends and family, and it is definitely worth investing in lessons before your trip so that you can make the most of your holiday. If you have caught the bug for ski-ing or snowboarding then it’s a great sociable thing to continue doing throughout the year.

We have lots of coaching sessions to keep advancing your skills if you want to continue learning. We hope to see you on the slopes at MK in the New Year.

Take care